Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UGOOS UT3S has appeared for presale - Ubuntu and Android. HDMI 2.0 rumored.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UGOOS UT3S has appeared for presale - Ubuntu and Android. HDMI 2.0 rumored.

It seems that there is a new UGOOS model out.

The UT3S drops HDMI in and adds another USB 2.0 port and a larger fan to assist with cooling.

HDMI 2.0 support is rumored.

UGOOS UT3S Impressions: Check out our UGOOS UT3S hands-on, covering boot times, gaming and benchmarks. Is this THE Android box to beat?
    Come visit Home Theatre Life for the latest reviews!
    Read the Latest Article: Nexbox A95X Pro Review - Android TV for under $40!

Originally posted by Darkscythe View Post
    It seems that there is a new UGOOS model out.

The UT3S drops HDMI in and adds another USB 2.0 port and a larger fan to assist with cooling.

HDMI 2.0 support is rumored.

http://hometheatrelife.com/ugoos-ut3s-impressions/

What's the difference? Ut3 & Ut3s

Comment

Originally posted by endera View Post
      What's the difference? Ut3 & Ut3s
      As stated in post #1, no HDMI input, which allows for actual HDMI 2.0 output. An additional USB port. A different fan type(centrifugal) and larger heatsink.
      I suppose the Nagrace box will also make these changes.

Comment

hmmm, at the moment at the net exists only one bad quality picture of the pcb...
        RK3288 Devices
        - Overview BOX (LINK !)
        - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
        UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
        Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
        Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
        Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

To Ugoos, holes are nearly free , put some holes(vents) higher up in the case!

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
          hmmm, at the moment at the net exists only one bad quality picture of the pcb...
          From the photo at the above link, wouldn't the fan benefit the heatsink more, if the long sides of the fins were in the airstream vs perpendicular as shown in the photo? Seems to me, that considerable turbulence created by the pictured arrangement, would prevent the fins opposite the fan, from getting much air flow.
          In any event, these boxes could really benefit from some case vents. The vents on the bottom are tiny, that, and heat rises. Just a few holes close to the top of the case would promote enough "flow thru" to probably eliminate the need for a fan. A larger heatsink would help too. As long as the case was being redesigned for the new UT3s anyway, they should have punched some holes in it.

As an experiment, I turned the fan off and used a small laptop fan to draw air from the case vents on the bottom(ones on the antenna end), leaving the opposite bottom side vents unobstructed(for intake). Dropped the temps by about 20C across all loads(based on built-in sensor). The laptop fan I used was a 5vdc, .14A type. And this isn't even idea airflow, as most of that air would have been drawn across the bottom of the pcb, though some exchange would take place in the top of the enclosure. Certainly more than happens in the current case.
          The photo may show some vent holes between the antenna and power button. If so, good move.
          Also, I do not see the RTC battery that was shown on earlier board version pics. Though I don't know if the current UT3 has one.
          One more thing. In the case's "window", I see the IR RX, but what is the LED(IR TX?) next to it for?

Comment

The case for vent holes.

I bet popping the top off of the UT3 would result in the thing never hitting 70C, even with no fan and running Antutu. Probably stay under 60C with the fan on.
            If true, it would really illustrate the need for case vents
            As with all electronics, keeping the device cool will extend life, performance and stability.
            As soon as my warranty is up, I'm putting some holes in the case.

Comment

Originally posted by RISCy Dude View Post
              From the photo at the above link, wouldn't the fan benefit the heatsink more, if the long sides of the fins were in the airstream vs perpendicular as shown in the photo? Seems to me, that considerable turbulence created by the pictured arrangement, would prevent the fins opposite the fan, from getting much air flow.
              I guess it depends on how the fan directs airflow. If its aimed at the radiator, then you're right as it would increase the surface area of the heatsink exposed to the flow.

One more thing. In the case's "window", I see the IR RX, but what is the LED(IR TX?) next to it for?
              I'm guessing power light? Where is the power LED located on the UT3?

Comment

I guess it depends on how the fan directs airflow. If its aimed at the radiator, then you're right as it would increase the surface area of the heatsink exposed to the flow.

I'm guessing power light? Where is the power LED located on the UT3?
                The power LED is in the middle of the front of the UT3(about where the "U" in Ugoos is).
                The one in question shares the window with the IR RX.
                BTW Darkscythe, Thanks for the link to the info on the UT3s.

Comment

The power LED is in the middle of the front of the UT3(about where the "U" in Ugoos is).
                  The one in question shares the window with the IR RX.
                  Yeah, having not used a UT3, I thought that's where the power was. Thanks for the clarification.

I have seen devices that have a separate LED to signal when an IR signal has been received. I haven't seen any mention of an IR blaster or anything else unusual. Although we could always get a surprise!

BTW Darkscythe, Thanks for the link to the info on the UT3s.
                  No problems!

Comment

Yeah, having not used a UT3, I thought that's where the power was. Thanks for the clarification.

I have seen devices that have a separate LED to signal when an IR signal has been received. I haven't seen any mention of an IR blaster or anything else unusual. Although we could always get a surprise!

No problems!
                    The UT3 firmware allows assigning the power LED to other functions(Network activity, IR remote activity, cpu activity, etc.) or it can be turned completely off. This is a nice touch. The UT3 has been a great box so far, though I have not had it long.

Comment

From the photo at the above link, wouldn't the fan benefit the heatsink more, if the long sides of the fins were in the airstream vs perpendicular as shown in the photo? Seems to me, that considerable turbulence created by the pictured arrangement, would prevent the fins opposite the fan, from getting much air flow....
                      I'm e.g. interested in the printed information at the pcb
                      That's why I talk about the bad picture quality...
                      RK3288 Devices
                      - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                      - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                      UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                      Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                      Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                      Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
                        I'm e.g. interested in the printed information at the pcb
                        That's why I talk about the bad picture quality...
                        Yeah, I'd also like to see the current/watt rating on that fan in the pic.
                        BTW Does anyone know what the max current is for the fan header in the current UT3?

Comment

MXQ S85, MXIII M82, MINIX NEO X7, Onda V989, Doogee DG550, Tronsmart Vega S89,MK808B PLUS,UGOOS UT3S

Comment

Working...
                          X