Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT3/UM3 wifi problem

Hello all,
    i received today my ugoos devices (2 ut3 and 1 um3).
    The problem is that none of them is able to connect to home wifi network.
    I cannot even make them scan for networks.
    Power of/on the wifi doesn't help, updated fw in one of the two ut3 and nothing changed, tried ubuntu same results. Tried different antennas (from other device to another) without any result.
    Strange is that in both ut3's wifi settings, there was a net named TP-LINK, i suppose someone tested it successfully.
    One more test with wps and manual definition of my net is not working.

Any ideas ? Do i miss something? Is it possible 3 devices in one order with problem in wifi?

Sasho

Have you tried turning off the wired connection?

Comment

Originally posted by RISCy Dude View Post
      Have you tried turning off the wired connection?
      Yes, also the bluetooth, in android the wifi sign is always in light grey color and in ububntu a circle moving around without any network to be discovered.

Installed the wifi analyser app but no signal at all can be detected.

Comment

No problem getting WiFi whether wired lan is on or not.

I seriously doubt you have the same three defects with different products in the same purchase.
        Are you sure your router is not set to use MAC filtering?
        Also, do you have "broadcast" turned to off in your router's WiFi settings?
        How about your router's WiFi security settings(WEP, WPA, WPA2, etc.)?
        Just trying to think of stuff to check.
        Good luck.
        -RISCy Dude
        BTW Does the wired LAN work?
        Can you turn the bluetooth on and get a connection to something?
        Bluetooth and WiFi use the same chip(AP6335). If one works, I would think the other would.
        Is your UT3's Antenna securely attached?

Comment

In settings, when you click on the Wi-Fi tab, do you see the menu button(3 vertical squares) over on the top right?
          If so, if you click the menu button, do you see the "Advanced" button? If so, and you press "Advanced", Do you see a MAC Address?

Comment

I seriously doubt you have the same three defects with different products in the same purchase.
            Are you sure your router is not set to use MAC filtering?
            Also, do you have "broadcast" turned to off in your router's WiFi settings?
            How about your router's WiFi security settings(WEP, WPA, WPA2, etc.)?
            Just trying to think of stuff to check.
            Good luck.
            -RISCy Dude
            BTW Does the wired LAN work?
            Can you turn the bluetooth on and get a connection to something?
            Bluetooth and WiFi use the same chip(AP6335). If one works, I would think the other would.
            Is your UT3's Antenna securely attached?
            Ethernet LAN works perfect. Switching it off releses the network, while switching on gets ip and can browse internet normally.
            For bluetooth, don't have any device to pair for check but can switch it on/off and circle turning around appears when scanning for devices (same for wifi networks never appears).
            All other devices (tablet, laptop even the old tvbox MK809iii) connected to the same wifi network without any additional settings.
            What do you mean by securely attach the antenna? I just screwed gently.
            My biggest problem is that when scanning for wifi networks i can't see any activity (moving circles or something) nor any results at all and the wifi sign in status bar remains in lght grey color all the time (never becomes blue).

Comment

Another idea:
              What about the channels at your WiFi?
              I don't know which channels the AP6335 is able to support and which channel do you use at your wifi...
              RK3288 Devices
              - Overview BOX (LINK !)
              - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
              UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
              Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
              Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
              Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

In settings, when you click on the Wi-Fi tab, do you see the menu button(3 vertical squares) over on the top right?
                If so, if you click the menu button, do you see the "Advanced" button? If so, and you press "Advanced", Do you see a MAC Address?
                Very interesting... i saw it but didn't think about it.
                I'm out of home right now but i remember that there was nothing there. In contrary, in LAN tab, there was MAC address assigned (just to remind, ethernet connection works fine).
                I'll be able to test again with UM3 after 2 hours and I'll report back.

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
                  Another idea:
                  What about the channels at your WiFi?
                  I don't know which channels the AP6335 is able to support and which channel do you use at your wifi...
                  Do you mean that there is possibility for 6330 (or whatever the hw is) to partially support 2,4 Ghz?
                  Just to remind, the older AP6230 (i think so, in my MK809III) works fine.
                  Should i change channel in the router?
                  Anyway, the problem is that wifi doesn't start scanning. In WPS mode for example, it starts, shows a bar moving to the right but even if wps button is enebled in the router, discovering fails in UT3.

Comment

Originally posted by sasho View Post
                    Very interesting... i saw it but didn't think about it.
                    I'm out of home right now but i remember that there was nothing there. In contrary, in LAN tab, there was MAC address assigned (just to remind, ethernet connection works fine).
                    I'll be able to test again with UM3 after 2 hours and I'll report back.
                    I confirm, same situation with UM3. No mac address assigned. No wifi connection, which makes unit completely useless.
                    I'm wondering if its about a batch of production with same problems.
                    I have to talk with ugoos i think.

Comment

No MAC. That seems troubling. I suppose it could be a bad batch of AP6335, I would still think it unlikely....but not impossible. I wish you luck and hope Ugoos will be able to help you find a solution.

Comment

No MAC. That seems troubling. I suppose it could be a bad batch of AP6335, I would still think it unlikely....but not impossible. I wish you luck and hope Ugoos will be able to help you find a solution.
                        I think the same, but have no ideas more of what else to check.
                        Anyway, thank you very much for your support.
                        I'll inform all of you about this case's progress.

Comment

SOLVED

I think the same, but have no ideas more of what else to check.
                          Anyway, thank you very much for your support.
                          I'll inform all of you about this case's progress.
                          Unbeleivable !!!
                          It was the channnels configuration in the router.
                          Router was configured in EU region, channel 13 and when changed to chan 6 everything ok, full signal strength and immediate connection.
                          Conclusion: AP6335 doesn't "hear" channel 13 of the router.
                          Thank you all for your support and sorry for any worries caused.

Comment

Unbeleivable !!!
                            It was the channnels configuration in the router.
                            Router was configured in EU region, channel 13 and when changed to chan 6 everything ok, full signal strength and immediate connection.
                            Conclusion: AP6335 doesn't "hear" channel 13 of the router.
                            Thank you all for your support and sorry for any worries caused.
                            You are welcome
                            RK3288 Devices
                            - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                            - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                            UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                            Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                            Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                            Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Working...
                            X