Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too slo-o-o-w LAN connection of Ugoos UT-3

Hi, there!
    I’ve got a brand-new Ugoos UT-3 (2GB/16GB version with a fan) running under the latest dualboot firmware v 0.2.1 with Ubuntu 14.10 and Android.

Everything seems working good except for LAN connection. Net speed test shows 0.01 to 0.03 Mbit/s for download and 3 to 5 Mbit/s for upload. Sometimes the device cannot even get IP-address from the router via LAN. Another set-top box of mine works fine with the same cable and LAN-socket in the router. I tried another cable and another LAN socket in the router, but useless. I’ve checked the router settings, but found no limitations (by MAC address, etc.)

At the same time WiFi connection is fine. The device connects to the router at 150 Mbit/s (the maximum my router can handle) and net speed test shows 25 to 30 Mbit/s for download and upload (my external connection is limited to 40 Mbit/s by provider).

All the tests were run under Android v.2.0.5.b (not tested under Linux yet).

Has anybody encountered this problem? Any ideas how to fix it?

Thank you.

Hi i had the same problem, could not fix it and returned the device and got another one instead.

Comment

Originally posted by xnergy View Post
      Hi i had the same problem, could not fix it and returned the device and got another one instead.
      xenergy, thank you for your answer. Are both, LAN and WiFi, good in your new device? What is firmware version in your new device? What was in the previous one? Do you think it is hardware problem (defect of particular device) or software (firmware) problem?

Comment

Originally posted by Karenin View Post
        xenergy, thank you for your answer. Are both, LAN and WiFi, good in your new device? What is firmware version in your new device? What was in the previous one? Do you think it is hardware problem (defect of particular device) or software (firmware) problem?
        Hi there, both are good in my new device, i got the 32GB version instead and it's working great. Only the fan installed makes a lot of noise so i opened it up and disabled it.

With the old device WiFi was working great as well but lan was disaster just like yours. Ugoos told me to return it because it's a hardware problem. Hope this answers your question

Comment

Originally posted by xnergy View Post
          Hi there, both are good in my new device, i got the 32GB version instead and it's working great. Only the fan installed makes a lot of noise so i opened it up and disabled it.

With the old device WiFi was working great as well but lan was disaster just like yours. Ugoos told me to return it because it's a hardware problem. Hope this answers your question
          Thanks, xenergy. Yes, fan is another problem with Ugoos UT3, and I haven't solved it for myself so far, but it is discussed in another thread here. Do you keep your new device always open (without the top cover)? Isn't it risky, as your device is now subject to dust and many other hazards? What are CPU temperatures without the cover in routine operations (like browsing, playing video) and in demanding games?

Ugoos is going to offer a new solution in their Ugoos UT3S modification. Check it out at http://hometheatrelife.com/ugoos-ut3s-impressions/

As for my device, I'll probably try to return it too. Can you tell me the firmware version in your old and new device?

Comment

Originally posted by Karenin View Post
            Thanks, xenergy. Yes, fan is another problem with Ugoos UT3, and I haven't solved it for myself so far, but it is discussed in another thread here. Do you keep your new device always open (without the top cover)? Isn't it risky, as your device is now subject to dust and many other hazards? What are CPU temperatures without the cover in routine operations (like browsing, playing video) and in demanding games?

Ugoos is going to offer a new solution in their Ugoos UT3S modification. Check it out at http://hometheatrelife.com/ugoos-ut3s-impressions/

As for my device, I'll probably try to return it too. Can you tell me the firmware version in your old and new device?
            I have firmware version v.2.0.4 installed, (old device had v.2.0.3,) and I keep the top on all the time. I have checked temperature and it does not go above 65c so I think that's okay. But i only use Kodi on the device so i haven't tested it out that much. But the fan was driving me mad so i had to disable it.

If i'm honest i am not pleased with this purchase, my first one did not work and i read lots of people having problems. Many people like you having LAN problems and the fan and box design it's just bad..no air outlet on the box.

I think you should get your money back and buy the UT3S modification or go for another brand.

Comment

Hi all! In new firmware (2.0.6) we fix bug with ethernet. You can download firmware from here .
              Sorry for the inconvenience.
              Official Ugoos firmwares with linux you can find here.
              Official Ugoos firmwares for UT2/UM2 and UT1 you can find here.
              Sorry for my english XD

Comment

Working...
              X