Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, does Kodi/SPMC run well??

Hi everyone,

I'm thinking about buying a Ugoos UT3, but after searching and searching (in this and other forums) I still can't find any proof that Kodi/SPMC works correctly now.

Has the micro shutter issue been resolved in latest firms/roms? And also, is rk3288 stable now?

I will change it for an old Mx2, but Kodi works almost flawlessly there. I wouldn't want to upgrade it for something that works worse .

Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by mo123
    Yes, SPMC works flawlessly.
    Micro shutters as in shutters can also be used to allow pulses of light to pass outwards
    In latest firmware of Nagrace HPH RK3288 there are no stutters, also in new UGOOS firmware to be released the stutters will be gone.
    mo123, Can you please link me to where stutters have been solved in the Nagrace forum, I've tried almost everything and still have stutters with my UT3

Comment

Originally posted by mo123
      Are you using ethernet?
      The latest firmware has ethernet improvements.
      百度网盘为您提供文件的网络备份、同步和分享服务。空间大、速度快、安全稳固,支持教育网加速,支持手机端。注册使用百度网盘即可享受免费存储空间

Can you maybe link to a video, you experience stutters with, can send me a PM, then I can also test.
      Over wifi from a NAS, my TV has a built-in media player that plays everything flawlessly, the UT3 on the other hand plays videos worse than my 5 year old media center computer. I've tried the init.d fix mentioned in another thread and this doesn't help much.

My benchmark is the scene in Gravity where Clooney says: "And to think he went to Harvard. You gotta admit one thing. You can't beat the view" and the camera pans to a fullscreen view of earth from space. My UT3 stutters severely since there is a lot changing from frame to frame on screen. Other media players do not. I'm running the latest overclocked kernel beta @ 2.2Ghz and SPMC 14 beta 2

Comment

You should take a short sample of this scene and upload it somewhere...
        RK3288 Devices
        - Overview BOX (LINK !)
        - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
        UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
        Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
        Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
        Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by Steveboroughs View Post
          Over wifi from a NAS, my TV has a built-in media player that plays everything flawlessly, the UT3 on the other hand plays videos worse than my 5 year old media center computer. I've tried the init.d fix mentioned in another thread and this doesn't help much.

My benchmark is the scene in Gravity where Clooney says: "And to think he went to Harvard. You gotta admit one thing. You can't beat the view" and the camera pans to a fullscreen view of earth from space. My UT3 stutters severely since there is a lot changing from frame to frame on screen. Other media players do not. I'm running the latest overclocked kernel beta @ 2.2Ghz and SPMC 14 beta 2
          It 'very curious that you, like me, you've tried Ugoos UT3 with the movie Gravity.
          I, too, I'm trying to play, with the UT3, the movie Gravity with many Micro stutters already for several weeks. I tried all the possible configurations of SPMC unsuccessfully.
          Even my old player, inside the Samsung TV, works much better.
          I believe that the problem lies in the fram rate of 23.978 f/s.
          I also tried another movie (Troy) and works better because the frame rate is 25 frames/s.
          Even in the case of Troy appear Micro stutters but only if you scroll quickly the Time Line of SPMC.
          In this case the play back becomes very disturbed by Micro stutters.
          I do not use the wifi to avoid bandwidth problems. I use the Gigabit port.
          The movie is played back using DLNA Twonky Media Server from a NAS Qnap connected to the LAN with a speed of 1 Gbit/s.
          There is no difference if the movie is encoded in H264 or H265.
          I noticed that the Micro Stutter are also present in the play back of the movie directly from the Hard disk drive connected to the USB port.
          I read that other player with Rk3288 have solved the problem with a firmware update. I do not know if it's possible to install firmware of other brands.
          I hope Ugoos solve this problem. I use UT3 especially to play movies and I do not care to write documents with Office within Ubuntu.

Thanks Steveboroughs of your testimony to make known the problem.

greetings
          Alberto
          Last edited by matmar; 02-06-2015, 08:38.

Comment

Working...
          X