Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mali user space drivers for T-76x (in RK3288) ready !?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mali user space drivers for T-76x (in RK3288) ready !?

It looks like we need a new kernel to make use of this drivers for Ubuntu ?
    http://malideveloper.arm.com/develop-for-mali/features/mali-t6xx-gpu-user-space-drivers/

more details here:

That's right, the new Mali-T76x drivers built for GNU/Linux ARMv7 fbdev only (no windowing system at the moment) are now available as well as several other r5p0 drivers on the public download page:
    http://malideveloper.arm.com/develop...space-drivers/

In order to use this, you will also need to build the kernel-side driver and replace the kernel in your build. This can be achieved by following the Firefly wiki page I mentioned earlier and starting with this Linux repository (master branch):
    T-Firefly / Firefly-RK3288-kernel / Commits — Bitbucket

It has an early r4p1 kernel-side Mali GPU driver, which is not compatible with the new r5p0 user-side driver. So you need to upgrade the kernel-side Mali driver with the source code archive from this page:
    http://malideveloper.arm.com/develop...evice-drivers/

You'll need to remove the main drivers files under drivers/gpu/arm/, but not drivers/gpu/arm/midgard/platform/rk which contains the RK3288 platform support files, and replace them with the files from the archive. Some relatively small changes may be needed in the RK3288 platform files to make it work with the new r5p0 driver; sorry we haven't got a patch for that at the moment.

Guillaume Tucker
    Last edited by peba; 02-06-2015, 20:13.

Originally posted by peba View Post
    It looks like we need a new kernel to make use of this drivers for Ubuntu ?
    http://malideveloper.arm.com/develop-for-mali/features/mali-t6xx-gpu-user-space-drivers/

more details here:

That's right, the new Mali-T76x drivers built for GNU/Linux ARMv7 fbdev only (no windowing system at the moment) are now available as well as several other r5p0 drivers on the public download page:
    http://malideveloper.arm.com/develop...space-drivers/

In order to use this, you will also need to build the kernel-side driver and replace the kernel in your build. This can be achieved by following the Firefly wiki page I mentioned earlier and starting with this Linux repository (master branch):
    T-Firefly / Firefly-RK3288-kernel / Commits — Bitbucket

It has an early r4p1 kernel-side Mali GPU driver, which is not compatible with the new r5p0 user-side driver. So you need to upgrade the kernel-side Mali driver with the source code archive from this page:
    http://malideveloper.arm.com/develop...evice-drivers/

You'll need to remove the main drivers files under drivers/gpu/arm/, but not drivers/gpu/arm/midgard/platform/rk which contains the RK3288 platform support files, and replace them with the files from the archive. Some relatively small changes may be needed in the RK3288 platform files to make it work with the new r5p0 driver; sorry we haven't got a patch for that at the moment.

Guillaume Tucker
    Thanks very much for the news! i check and install in official linux firmware if it work =)
    Official Ugoos firmwares with linux you can find here.
    Official Ugoos firmwares for UT2/UM2 and UT1 you can find here.
    Sorry for my english XD

Comment

mo123

From what I understand there will be another release "Next Week" and some patches. Hope it will be useful.

--cappybob

Comment

Originally posted by mo123
        :
        GPU support in Ubuntu, Lollipop etc.
        Just hope Lollipop doesn't introduce new problems & issues.
        Does Lollipop even bring noticeable improvements, will probably be based on same 3.10 kernel same as AMLogic's Lollipop.
        :
        I think GPU at Lollipop should be a "it goes without saying"
        I have no idea about the improvements but I'm sure we will introduce new problems & issues...

Originally posted by mo123
        :
        The RK3288 boxes in my opinion, after all these releases will be better than the Intel Windows TV Boxes.
        I don't want to be reminded of Windows when I use my TV and to deal with viruses, slow downs, drivers etc. But if you use it as a 2nd PC for work etc. then it's probably more useful. Windows is also more useful on a tablet.
        I think the main argument is the DRM stuff (e.g. because of NetFlix)...
        RK3288 Devices
        - Overview BOX (LINK !)
        - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
        UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
        Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
        Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
        Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Sorry, I didn't read the article but I think we ONLY talk about GPU and not VPU ?
          RK3288 Devices
          - Overview BOX (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
          Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
          Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
          Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Yes, I know, (also e.g. amlogic seems to be able to handle it this way (minix told something like this)), but who want's to have a locked bootloader at this kind of devices ?
            RK3288 Devices
            - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

Read also that with the release of Lollipop that there will be a migration to the 3.14.* Kernel.

---cappybob

Comment

Mali user space drivers demo (fbdev for the moment) on firefly

It Looks like Jasbir already made some progress ...
                https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFxiUzeQ6ZPtnzZpUyNj9jw
                Last edited by peba; 02-07-2015, 19:50.

Comment

RK3288 Devices
                  - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

Working...
                  X