X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Run x86 binaries on Ugoos UT3 / UT3S

With this code translator from eltechs you can run
    x86/32 binaries on the Ugoos UT3(S).
    -requirement: You need a new kernel built with binfmt_misc support (currently not delivered with device)

1. install exagear and guest VM (e.g. Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 386)

2. start a x86 shell:
    $exagear
    check your new environment:
    ugoos@ugoos:~$ uname -a
    Linux ugoos 3.10.0 #15 SMP PREEMPT Mon Feb 16 12:28:43 HKT 2015 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

3. add required repos to guest VM Ubuntu rootfs
    e.g. ubuntu partner repo
    sudo add-apt-repository "deb http://archive.canonical.com/$(lsb_release -sc) partner"

4. install you required packages
    sudo apt-get install skype

5. run x86 skype

All devices plugged in to your UT3(S) work in a transparent way in the VM, e.g. once your webcam is working
    under Ubuntu 14.10 armhf and the sound level of mic and loadspeakers is ok - it will work the same
    way in the guest VM with Ubuntu 12.04 386.
    So this means all devices working with Ubuntu 14.10 should also work in the 386 guest VM.
    limitation: hardware graphics acceleration is not available in the 386 guest VM -> no steam games :-(
    Many Windows programs can be started via WINE (please check compatibility with wine) running in the VM.

Last edited by peba; 02-18-2015, 05:48.

Originally posted by peba View Post
    :
    limitation: hardware graphics acceleration is not available in the 386 guest VM -> no steam games :-(
    :
    Because of the missing implementation at the hostOS I would be very surprised if it will work...

Originally posted by mo123
    :
    Also ARM Ubuntu will run better and with 3D GPU support in a couple of weeks.
    Every time we talk about it, I read or hear also from ARM something like "in the coming weeks" or "next month" and so on... I hope so, but meanwhile I don't know if I can trust this information...
    RK3288 Devices
    - Overview BOX (LINK !)
    - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
    UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
    Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
    Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
    Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

:
      :
      Maybe also have a look at http://www.phoronix.com/forums/showt...083#post444083 ...
      RK3288 Devices
      - Overview BOX (LINK !)
      - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
      UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
      Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
      Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
      Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

x86 emu for free

You can install Qemu for free, but performance is not good compared to exagear

Originally posted by mo123
        It's a nice tutorial.

Unfortunately you have to pay $30, which not a lot of people will be willing to do unless they want to run x86 apps. If it was free it would have been a different matter.
        Also ARM Ubuntu will run better and with 3D GPU support in a couple of weeks.

Comment

Brother printer/scanner on ARM

For Brother printers/scanners are only i386 driver availiable - Brother isn't willing to provide arm-support or opens source code to compile this tools.

With this tool, I'm able to install the scanning system on this type of processor - using later xsane?

Thanx

Comment

I am not sure if it will work, please read product spec and ask Eltechs company on their webpage.

CEO of Eltechs is Vadim Gimpelson
            email: [email protected]

Best Regards,
            Peter Bauer

Originally posted by Avantar View Post

For Brother printers/scanners are only i386 driver availiable - Brother isn't willing to provide arm-support or opens source code to compile this tools.

With this tool, I'm able to install the scanning system on this type of processor - using later xsane?

Thanx

Comment

Hello peba,

it's run's like charme.

I did the following bought and installed the exagear software. It's run out of the box not changing any kernel (i'm on ubuntu version 3.0 on sdcard).

After <sudo apt-get update> I tried to upgrade <sudo apt-get upgrade> the system (12.04 lts) but ended in a big mass, because initramfs couldn't be executed.
              Never mind.

At least I downloaded the drivers (*.deb) from Brother support page for my printer <MFC-7360N> and installed the printer drivers and scanner tools.
              As I found the printer driver didn't work, but the scanner module.

I installed under the x86 enviroment the xsane program and voila the scanner worked like he does under real x86-Linux.
              All directories in home are reachable from x86 and it's possible to store the scanning results for further tasks.

I think with this tools we can open a door to substutue the old x86 - x64 systems quite good.

BIG Thanx for this tip

Now
              I am not sure if it will work, please read product spec and ask Eltechs company on their webpage.

CEO of Eltechs is Vadim Gimpelson
              email: [email protected]

Best Regards,
              Peter Bauer

Comment

Thanx
                There is an Play Store app for Brother Printing/Scanning. I have a Brother MFC-7869DW Laser. It was the easiest printing I have ever set up. Printing and scanning both work over wifi.

Comment

hello TerryH

wonderful idea, but I'm not sure we are talking about the same OS.

This program works perfect under Android but what about Ubuntu

Maybe there is an easy way to run this application under Ubuntu enviroment- please let us know how to.?

Originally posted by TerryH View Post

There is an Play Store app for Brother Printing/Scanning. I have a Brother MFC-7869DW Laser. It was the easiest printing I have ever set up. Printing and scanning both work over wifi.

Comment

hello TerryH

wonderful idea, but I'm not sure we are talking about the same OS.

This program works perfect under Android but what about Ubuntu

Maybe there is an easy way to run this application under Ubuntu enviroment- please let us know how to.?

My apologies, I assumed it was Android.

Comment

Working...
                    X