Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT3S problems

Hi everyone,

yesterday i received my UT3S ( 4GB/32GB), upon start i made the proposed OTA Update and after reboot i noticed a few things.

First, in the toolbar my ram display only 3GB and not 4GB, as i tought i was sent the wrong unit, i went to check the storage available and it display only 24GB in the storage partition.

Then, i played a bit with the box, setup accounts etc.. and i couldn't find any XMBC or SPMC installed....

Is there something wrong with my box ?

hmmm, I never done the OTA, but maybe something went wrong during the OTA...

24GB in the storage partition is OK, because other partitions which are also at the eMMC/NAND uses also space (system ~1GB, userdata ~4GB ...)
    And as you can see at my review a KODI/SPMC installation exists (but I'm only using launcher3)...
    Have a look at http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...s-GearBest-com!
    RK3288 Devices
    - Overview BOX (LINK !)
    - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
    UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
    Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
    Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
    Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

yes, that's why i posted here, after some googling, i saw this forum and read your topic and noticed that it was showing 4Gb on the ram and that you had SPMC installed.

I will try to factory reset the thing tonight. Is there a way to apply patch without USB cable from pc ( like zip on the sd card and flash via internal tool ) ?

Comment

Yes, there exist a way via SD... BUT I never tried it, AND another one seems to killed/bricked his device using this way...
        So you should use AndroidTool at PC to flash the device via OTG... at the latest if you brick your device you have to use the way via PC...
        RK3288 Devices
        - Overview BOX (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
        Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
        Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
        Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

hey i have simular problems
          i wanted to make a new thread about the problem,
          but i will display the problem here.

i'm missing 1 gb ram at the toolbar

i have the ut3 2gb/16gb version with fan

i reflashed a couple times but still 1 gb ram in the toolbar??

strange isnt it......

Comment

Alright, i have reflashed my device from the computer, using the latest 2.0.6 zip file from ugoos website.

Firmware update went smooth and upon start i could notice that SPMC was indeed preinstalled, that's great but i still see only 3GB ram on my UT3S device.

Is there anything i can do to verify was unit was sent to me ?

Comment

hmmm, you can also check your ram e.g. at KODI/SPMC, AnTuTu, I think also cpu-z...
              But I think they will also only show 1 or 3 GB...
              Of course I can't be sure, but I think you have bad ram chips...
              RK3288 Devices
              - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
                hmmm, you can also check your ram e.g. at KODI/SPMC, AnTuTu, I think also cpu-z...
                But I think they will also only show 1 or 3 GB...
                Of course I can't be sure, but I think you have bad ram chips...
                yes, i did and it show 3Gb aswell.

Comment

Originally posted by gilgaden View Post
                  i'm missing 1 gb ram at the toolbar
                  strange isnt it......
                  Originally posted by tempo22 View Post
                  yes, i did and it show 3Gb aswell.
                  Hi

Can you make?:
                  - screenshot launcher screen;
                  - screenshot Settings->Apps->Running;
                  - make bugreport file: Developer options-> Take bug report
                  and send me all files in PM, this may help to discover this bug.

Regards
                  Sam, Ugoos

Comment

Back here with some updates.

I have updated today to the latest firmware (2.0.6b) and it still show 3gb ram and i still have randoms reboots or spmc shutting down randomly (and i tested for 1h only).

What i haven't test is to change the power adaptor....

i feel sad to have bought this now. Fee to return it to seller would cost half the price of the box and i'm left with a box that is not really usable.

Comment

Originally posted by tempo22 View Post
                      Back here with some updates.

I have updated today to the latest firmware (2.0.6b) and it still show 3gb ram and i still have randoms reboots or spmc shutting down randomly (and i tested for 1h only).

What i haven't test is to change the power adaptor....

i feel sad to have bought this now. Fee to return it to seller would cost half the price of the box and i'm left with a box that is not really usable.
                      I receive the unit with 2.0.6. No sound at all. Then I install 2.0.6b. Now I have the sound but often the picture get totally destroyed – only strayed differed colored lines and terrible noise.
                      I notice UGOOS does not support customers. I feel very sad to have bought this box. The box is NOT usable. I am writing this mail to worn others not to bye this unit

Comment

Originally posted by Ico747 View Post

I receive the unit with 2.0.6. No sound at all. Then I install 2.0.6b. Now I have the sound but often the picture get totally destroyed – only strayed differed colored lines and terrible noise.
                        I notice UGOOS does not support customers. I feel very sad to have bought this box. The box is NOT usable. I am writing this mail to worn others not to bye this unit

we totally catch sound bug and fix him in 2.0.7, please write me PM with details of all your problems, or use contacts at www.ugoos.net - we will try to solve your problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Eugene View Post

we totally catch sound bug and fix him in 2.0.7, please write me PM with details of all your problems, or use contacts at www.ugoos.net - we will try to solve your problems.
                          Hello
                          When will thé version 2.0.7 released as I'm experiencing the same issue : sound mute problem while watching a movie with v2.0.5 and no sound at all over HDMI (Yamaha av receiver) with v2.0.6.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by thdj View Post

Hello
                            When will thé version 2.0.7 released as I'm experiencing the same issue : sound mute problem while watching a movie with v2.0.5 and no sound at all over HDMI (Yamaha av receiver) with v2.0.6.

Thanks

We will release it today

Changelog:

version 2.0.7 - 22/05/2015
                            -NEW-
                            Added information about ethernet connection speed in the settings menu
                            Added libffmpeg switcher
                            Updated busybox
                            Added init.d support
                            Added screenrotation function
                            Removed wakeup function on mouse move
                            Changed Power menu dialog
                            Added lock button in power dialog
                            Updated SPMC to 14.2
                            Added support of Fireasy app. App for remote control by phone/tablet
                            Added ability enable screen lock
                            Updated dts, kernel defconfig
                            Added ability enable/disable automatic OTA updates in settings menu
                            Added saving values of parametr "Connect to PC" after reboot
                            Added ability changing values of temp for automatic fan controll
                            Changed virtual battery parameters

-FIXES-
                            Audio: Bitstream:
                            - fix HDMI HBR Bitstream lost Audio some time.
                            - fix Conflict between HDMI bitstream and Spdif Bitstream.
                            - add i2s underrun check.
                            Fixed bug with temp on SOC UT3, UT3S
                            Fixed Skype bug with sound
                            Removed debug out
                            sd boot:fixed the bug that machine can not enter the uboot Guide
                            Gallery2: Not Free BitmapTexture Manually
                            Resolve Bug: HTML can't play local video
                            BT: awaken the host by bluetooth
                            Fixed bug with auto-muting..
                            BT: solved bluetooth hid problem:
                            when bluetooth hid device connected, the key is delayed to be reponse about 5 second

Comment

Reads excellent
                              RK3288 Devices
                              - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

Working...
                              X