Other box firmwares

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other box firmwares

Is it possible to install any of those firmware on the UT3S ? Are they compatible ?

I tried both (mo's only for a short time) and both are booting and also working, but I think (not sure because I don't use it) the IR wouldn't work (and also didn't test the lan/wifi which I think will work)... also you will loose the ugoos specific settings (also fan support)...
    BTW: I'm using wasser 2.0.6 booting from SD card...
    RK3288 Devices
    - Overview BOX (LINK !)
    - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
    UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
    Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
    Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
    Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by mo123
      There is now also Lubuntu from Firefly that boot from SD.
      Maybe you will find it useful.
      http://pan.baidu.com/s/1bnaYRyZ
      Are there any English instructions that go with this. Prob not enough space on my Tronsmart Orion Pro

Comment

Which instructions? How to download?
        [下载(229.3M)] -> [普通下载]
        And I think you have to use Win32DiskImager to burn it to SD http://sourceforge.net/projects/win3...files/Archive/ (or using dd at Linux)...
        RK3288 Devices
        - Overview BOX (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
        Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
        Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
        Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
          [下载(229.3M)] -> [普通下载]
          And I think you have to use Win32DiskImager to burn it to SD http://sourceforge.net/projects/win3...files/Archive/ (or using dd at Linux)...
          I managed to download it and extract. Left with an .IMG file

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

Ahhh, OK, good to know, THX
            RK3288 Devices
            - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

Thanks, boots fine, network works fine fairly fast until you try video playback.

Comment

Hello Mo123

today I tried to load a newer Firefly-Ubuntu <Firefly-RK3288_MainlineKernel-Ubuntu14.04_201503191033.img (277.4 MiB - 19.03.2015)> image with MainlineKernel.

Unfortunately I always got an issue (this program breaks/exits completely under Win7) when I want to load this file to my sdcard with your mentioned RK-Tool (SD_Firmware_Tool.exe).

I checked with the file you mentioned before there are no problems at all - flashing and booting with no issues.

Shouldn't I use this tool for this file?

Maybe you know a little bit more about this image.

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
                [下载(229.3M)] -> [普通下载]

Comment

Thanx Mo123

I wanted to try this ROM, but if I have to flash it to emmc I will distroy my actuel version, which don't runs bad at the moment.

Regarding sound I have bought externel sound-system. Now for me there is no urgent need to compile the kernel because of this.

But if you have an idea to get 32bit/pixel screen resolution I'll go for it, try to compile the kernel if necessary.

Do you have any info's and solutions regarding this topic - this will be great.
                  Sam has done it, in his ubuntu-software, also it should be possible.

Best regards

Originally posted by mo123

Can only flash it to internal EMMC with AndroidTool v2.3
                  You also have to compile a new kernel for your sound settings etc.

Comment

You can also try to use this way http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...y-to-dual-boot
                    but (because I don't know this img) you maybe also have to extract the kernel (and resource) from the boot (it it also includes these two parts) and if I'm not wrong you have to use the boot-linux.img (contains a minimum intramfs without rknand) from linuxium and maybe have to label the RFS with "linuxroot"...
                    (Sometimes ago I tried to use it with ugoos linux (0.2.x) but find no way to get the RFS mounted)...
                    Have a look at the "create-linux-sdcard"...
                    Last edited by no_spam_for_me; 03-30-2015, 13:40.
                    RK3288 Devices
                    - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

is there any progress ?
                      Windows 10 for RK3288. ??????

Comment

Originally posted by endera View Post
                        is there any progress ?
                        Windows 10 for RK3288. ??????
                        No further news, but Rockchip is working hard fixing Lollipop bugs and some manufacturers will release Lollipop mid June while others end of June.
                        Windows 10 should also be available in June or before end of July.

Comment

Working...
                        X