OTA FM Tuner App...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OTA FM Tuner App...

Hello, I just learned the AP6335 supports FM(76-108 MHz) reception. I have tried a few tuner apps, none have worked so far. Does the UT3 support the AP6335's FM receiver?
    Thanks.
    Update:
    Never mind, a closer look at the data sheet leads me to believe that the WiFi and BT antenna inputs are on different pins. That and other things in the data sheet, suggests it will take more than an "App".

PIN 4
    - FM radio RF input antenna port
    is one aspect, but I think maybe also PIN 45 - 46 (Audio output) and/or any implementation at driver level at Android/Linux also if it use the same UART (PIN 41-44)...
    (but you are right without antenna???)

But I'm wondering about the
    "Simultaneous BT/WLAN receive with single antenna"
    at page 6, because then you have to use a 2.4GHz antenna to get best results at BT, but if you want to get best results at 5GHz and because of that using a 5GHz antenna, you will loos quality at BT (btw: this simultaneous could also cause problems)... that's why I thought they use the metal case of the chip as BT antenna...
    RK3288 Devices
    - Overview BOX (LINK !)
    - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
    UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
    Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
    Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
    Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
      http://www.t-firefly.com/download/fi...3_02102014.pdf

PIN 4
      - FM radio RF input antenna port
      is one aspect, but I think maybe also PIN 45 - 46 (Audio output) and/or any implementation at driver level at Android/Linux also if it use the same UART (PIN 41-44)...
      (but you are right without antenna???)

But I'm wondering about the
      "Simultaneous BT/WLAN receive with single antenna"
      at page 6, because then you have to use a 2.4GHz antenna to get best results at BT, but if you want to get best results at 5GHz and because of that using a 5GHz antenna, you will loos quality at BT (btw: this simultaneous could also cause problems)... that's why I thought they use the metal case of the chip as BT antenna...
      I think I could get an antenna lead on pin 4, but yeah, that still leaves audio seeming unassigned. Though support circuitry could already be in place I suppose. Also the Firefly data sheet you linked to shows, TBD" under FM specification, is that "To Be Determined"? Or "To Be Developed"?
      Anyway, it looks like some implementation would have to take place at a fairly early development stage for T-chips, Ugoos or others.
      I did try to run the app NextRadio. It said, "FM Radio is Unavailable". It further said, "NextRadio doesn't have access to the FM radio receiver in your device". So maybe it is just a firmware thing. If that were the case, be nice to have it working. I use internet radio mostly, but there are a few local stations that do not have an online presence.
      So do you believe that using BT reduces 5GHz WiFi performance, since they are using the same RF I/O pin?

Comment

Originally posted by RISCy Dude View Post
        :
        So do you believe that using BT reduces 5GHz WiFi performance, since they are using the same RF I/O pin?
        No, but maybe using a 5GHz optimised antenna (by replacement) the BT...

EDIT:
        Ok, I have to say, after I thought about it, why shouldn't be there maybe also problems at 2.4GHz WiFi if BT uses the same antenna if you also could get problems (interferences) with RF dongles (also using 2.4GHz; which you can fix by using e.g. an USB extension-cord to place the dongle as fare away as possible)...
        Last edited by no_spam_for_me; 03-21-2015, 17:56.
        RK3288 Devices
        - Overview BOX (LINK !)
        - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
        UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
        Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
        Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
        Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

I assume that FM controlled by UART interface (also as Bluetooth), output at PCM and analog (45, 46 pins), but i didnt see any implementation in driver. But its good idea i think.

Comment

Working...
          X