Change Partition size UT3S?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Change Partition size UT3S?

Anyone know how to change the partition size in the dual boot UT3S? I want to make the Android partition larger.

Hello. You need modify parametr file before reflash your device. Which size of android partition do you need? And how many memory on your device?
    Official Ugoos firmwares with linux you can find here.
    Official Ugoos firmwares for UT2/UM2 and UT1 you can find here.
    Sorry for my english XD

Comment

Hi, any news about it?
      It's impossible to run modi on 1gb

Comment

Ava was asking what size Android partition you need and if your box is a 2GB/16GB model or a 4GB/32GB model.
        Maybe with this info she can help you more.
        Good luck.

Comment

Ava

What kind of modification does the parameter file need? I've UT3S 4/32 model in case I decide to do something similar what should be done before flashing? Thanks

Comment

Hi,Ava
            I am really want to know what i have to do for a unified storage.Which values i have to use with PrameterEd.Tool.I have a UT3/2/16GB no Fan,and i want to know how to change the Mountpoints,that a SD Card can be used as internal SD.I know that it is possible for Rockchip i saw it on some Roms from Oma.So you can make from a 16GB Device a Device with unfied storage and 16GB or more as internal SD.

Hope for Info

gefattern

Comment

Hello
              Im still waiting for Information.I managed to change and flash a Parameterfile with a value of 13778 MB,but after flashing with 2.2.0 it was possible to install Apps but not to use them because there was no internal Storage for the App data.
              But under Settings /Storage/internal Storage i had 13,12GB of Space,but no internal SD Card only Mount Settings of course it was not possible to mount internal SDCard,because of no space.

Please help im not the only one how wants this and with changed Mountpoints we could have 16 or 32GB as internal SDCard.
              I hope we find a solution.

Comment

Originally posted by gefattern View Post
                under Settings /Storage/internal Storage i had 13,12GB of Space,but no internal SD Card only Mount Settings of course it was not possible to mount internal SDCard,because of no space.
                If you just want to swap internal_SD with external_SD then you must edit fstab file. It will also work if you don't have internal_SD partition.

Becasue root directory and its content is recreated at each boot from readonly image you must change that file. To do so you should use RK32xx_firmware_tool under Windos and extract misc.img partition file and its content.
                Then edit fstab.rk30board.bootmode.emmc file. Changing /mnt/internal_SD with /mnt_external_SD. Finaly create new misc.img with that modified file and flash it to your box. It should not disrupt your current firmware and its data.

fstab.rk30board.bootmode.emmc relevant part:
                Code:
                /devices/ff0f0000.rksdmmc/mmc_host/mmc          /mnt/internal_sd     vfat      defaults        voldmanaged=internal_sd:14,noemulatedsd
                /devices/ff0c0000.rksdmmc/mmc_host/mmc          /mnt/external_sd     vfat      defaults        voldmanaged=external_sd:auto
                Change it to:
                Code:
                /devices/ff0f0000.rksdmmc/mmc_host/mmc          /mnt/external_sd     vfat      defaults        voldmanaged=internal_sd:14,noemulatedsd
                /devices/ff0c0000.rksdmmc/mmc_host/mmc          /mnt/internal_sd     vfat      defaults        voldmanaged=external_sd:auto
                ​
                Note:
                Creating unified storage like in Wasser's firmwares would be a little harder but also possible with any current firmware. I really don't comprehend why those box manufacturer still divide internal flash storage into data and userdata partitions . That will end all complains about to little space on data or internal_SD partition and any need for many parameter files (2GB,4GB, 5.5GB, 6.25, etc).
                RK3288 2GB/16GB OC 1.9GHz at 1.2V RAM [email protected] Wasser's 3.0.11 firmware
                Out: monitor FullHD 16:9, 3.5" jack headphones; In: remote control, USB HUB: keyboard + mouse + pendrive
                bricked: VOYO V1 mini 8G/64GB Windows 10

Comment

Hi Gomar
                  Thanks for your Help.As possible i want a unified Storage,and then changing the Mount points,that it is possible to use a SDCard (of choise) as internal SDCard.But first a unified Storage would be great.
                  Today i send a Email to Ugoos to ask for better Freaktab Support.

Comment

It will be hard to have unified storage which imply emulated SD card and then swap internal and external SD mount points. It is so because "normally" internal SD is FAT32 partition on internal eMMC and it is mounted by VOLD (Volume Daemon) which reads its configuration from fstab file. When you use unified storage then there is no internal FAT32 partition called "user" but /mnt/internal_sd path is used by SD card emulator daemon therefore external and internal SD mount points cannot be swapped at least not using method mentioned before.

Besides I don't really see any use for emulated external SD card stored on eMMC data partition. Mounting external_sd as internal_sd is quite a good idea.
                    I understood that you changed "userdata" partition size to maximum possible and removed "user" partition from eMMC (flash storage).

P.S. Can you attach your modified parameter file? Or even paste it here so we can see what exactly you did there .
                    Last edited by Gormar; 11-01-2015, 06:58.
                    RK3288 2GB/16GB OC 1.9GHz at 1.2V RAM [email protected] Wasser's 3.0.11 firmware
                    Out: monitor FullHD 16:9, 3.5" jack headphones; In: remote control, USB HUB: keyboard + mouse + pendrive

Comment

Yes i can but not now im not home,later i will upload the parameter File.
                      Thanks for your Help Gomar.

Comment

Hi Gomar,
                        now i am at Home,here the Parameterfile i used,but i only changed userdata to 13778 MB,hope it helps. data8G.parameter_10_10_10.zip

Comment

Okey, now I see that you didn't remove "user" partition but reduced it size to few hundred megabinarybytes. It really doesn't mount as NAND Flash storage? Then user partition probably isn't FAT32 formatted.

But that doesn't matter when you want to use external SD as internal. Are you able to extract misc.img and its content to edit fstab.rk30board.bootmode.emmc file?

Changing to unified storage would require modification in at least 3 files from misc.img and one line in build.prop file. And that last part I do not remember.

Side note:
                          Current partition composition you can see with this command (need root access): "dmesg |grep -i "mmcblk0: mmc0" -A 14".

Comment

hi gomar
                            until now nothing which tool i have to use to remove the user partiton and change misc?

keyboard make problems
                            Last edited by gefattern; 11-01-2015, 19:21.

Comment

Working...
                            X