Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RK3288 v3.10 kernel - Keyboards repeating keys problem

Ava

Any help on the USB ports keyboards/airmouse plugged in and keys typed, repeating by themselves?
    Other symptoms - keyboards repeating keys, unresponsive USB touch controllers, slow isochronous data transfers etc

If this problem can be fixed, RK3288 devices will be almost perfect.

According to Rockchip Chrome OS 3.14 kernel uses DWC2 USB drivers that completely solves the problem but our RK3288's still use old buggy dwc_otg_310 USB drivers.
    They say it could be possible to backport the DWC2 drivers, but it's too difficult for me to do.
    Please read here

From website above
    "naobsd: basically I am investigating some (apparently) serious issues with the dwc_otg_310 driver shipped with the Rockchip v3.10 kernel, for RK3288 - the CPU is flooded with IRQs when using a USB hub especially and that is something that the RPi community has taken onboard with a complete USB controller driver re-write: https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/v...ic.php?t=39175
    04:34 <bashintosh> The link from the RPi community shows the same issues that I am experiencing with all RK3288 platforms - keyboards repeating keys, unresponsive USB touch controllers, slow isochronous data transfers etc. The manufacturer of the OTG HS controller (embedded in the RK3288) which is Synopsys, suggests that Rockchip should use DWC2 driver rather than dwc_otg_310. Was thinking to port the RPi driver (or
    04:34 <bashintosh> attempt) onto RK3288 and see what happens."

same problem for me with several different usb keyboard devices, if it could be fixed, then I would be more than happy

Comment

But does this happen in all 3288 devices? Because I use a q8 RK3288 box with a microsoft usb keyboard and usb mouse connected to a HUB, and never had a problem of repeating keys, or bad responsiveness with my keyboard or mouse

Comment

Yes on all RK3288 devices.
        It depends sometimes on what USB port or OTG Port you are using and if more than 1 USB device is used at the same time.
        Also if some devices are USB 1 speed and others are USB 2 speed.

On RK3288 Chromebooks with 3.14 kernels there are no keyboard repeat issues since there is a newer USB DWC2 driver while 3.10 kernels used in RK3288 TV Boxes still use an old buggy driver.
        With some USB keyboards you don't experience any issues, while with others you do. It is also frequent on Airmouses with keyboards.

UGOOS are our only hope to solve this issue.
        Then RK3288 devices will be almost perfect.

If only someone could backport the Chrome OS v3.14 kernel USB drivers to our 3.10 kernels.

The Raspberry Pi faces the same keyboard issues.
        They completely rewrite their USB driver, but use a much newer kernel and don't think it will be possible to port it to our RK3288 devices.
        The use the same USB manufacturer as Rockchip, thus had the same issues with keys repeating, slow data transfers.

Looking at Lollipop code, it's the same USB drivers, so if the problem isn't fixed it will just pass over to new lollipop firmware in future.

Comment

I can confirm that the Ugoos UT3S running kernel 3.10 shows the USB keyboard repeating problem with Logitech Wireless keyboard K270 about 5 times a day.

Comment

Originally posted by peba View Post
            I can confirm that the Ugoos UT3S running kernel 3.10 shows the USB keyboard repeating problem with Logitech Wireless keyboard K270 about 5 times a day.
            I've send several messages to Rockchip, Firefly & UGOOS and no one responds about this 'big' problem.
            Don't know what to do.

Just a different driver has to be used or the old one improved.
            In 3.14 kernels on RK3288 Chromebooks there is no such problem.

I found some patches in the older Raspberry Pi kernels on github for the keyboard repeat problems don't know if it can work.
            The latest Raspberry Pi kernel also has it fixed but not sure where the changes are. Think they wrote a complete new driver.

Comment

And its still in the lolliop release damnit... heres a demo of it.

Hi Rockchip cannnnnnn you fiiiiiiiiiiiix this key board erroooroor as itsdriving me to do drugs and drink all my booze every night and i kick my dog and shhhot he cat nxt door because everyone thinks iam fricking dislexic because of my god dam key strokes its going to giiiiiiive me a damn stroke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!
              Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Well done, I know this has been fixed in your both your firmware and Ugoos's.

Was there a commit to the firefly kernel sources?

How do I apply this fix if I want to build my own kernel from the firefly sources?

Comment

Working...
                X