Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ugoos U-Boot and Linux Kernel source code

Hi,
    where I can find the source code for U-Boot and kernel for UT3S/UM3? Ugoos should provide them in some way, did I miss the link? Anybody at Ugoos can give some information?
    i'd like to start working seriously on this device...
    Thanks!

There is something at the Firefly wiki, but it may be older. Having trouble loading the page on my phone, so didn't get to look at it.
    Hopefully Ugoos will get you what you need.

Comment

Just to let everyone know, I'm interested in porting Ubuntu Snappy Core to UT3S. This will require some changes to U-Boot and the kernel configuration. I'd also like to let docker run on this device, which requires some small changes to kernel configuration too.
      I hope that Ugoos will provide kernel and u-boot sources from their site. Since booth are open source, they should. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by bragma View Post
        Just to let everyone know, I'm interested in porting Ubuntu Snappy Core to UT3S. This will require some changes to U-Boot and the kernel configuration. I'd also like to let docker run on this device, which requires some small changes to kernel configuration too.
        I hope that Ugoos will provide kernel and u-boot sources from their site. Since booth are open source, they should. :-)
        Use the UGOOS dts file to create a kernel from the Firefly source.
        UGOOS kernels aren't open-source.

Comment

I didn't check the Linux kernel license lately but I think there is no such thing as a closed source kernels...
          Btw, I'll try to see what I can get. Thanks!
          Where do you get the dts from? Directly from the kernel image or flash partition?

Comment

In real life no chinese dog cares about violating the GPL or other open source licenses.
            I you want to work on Rockchip kernels your first address is the kernel maintainer which is heiko stuebner aka mmind.
            Note:  This blog post outlines upcoming changes to Google Currents for Workspace users. For information on the previous deprecation of Googl...

email: [email protected]
            Linux-Kernel-Developer and maintainer of Rockchip SoC support in the Linux-Kernel. - mmind

Comment

Originally posted by bragma View Post
              I didn't check the Linux kernel license lately but I think there is no such thing as a closed source kernels...
              Btw, I'll try to see what I can get. Thanks!
              Where do you get the dts from? Directly from the kernel image or flash partition?
              From your resource.img file.
              You have to unpack it with http://freaktab.com/forum/developmen...img-un-packing and convert the dtd file to a dts file, read further into the thread where they discuss the another .exe file that you will need.
              With the Firefly SDK in Linux you can also unpack the dts file with a tool in the SDK, read the Firefly wiki pages/forum for help, think it's called unpack_tool or something.

Luckily I have the SDK/kernel for T-Chip boards so I can make changes if I want.
              But the Firefly SDK works on all RK3288 devices, it's mostly the led lights, power off and remotes that aren't compatible.

Comment

Ok thanks, I'll try to see what I can do with the links you posted.

Comment

Working...
                X