No announcement yet.

FIRST ALPHA ANDROID 5.1 FIRMWARE FOR UT3S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't want to conclude but the new UT4 might have taken the priority lane @UGOOS atm. Hope 5.1 will resume on RK3288 before year end or maybe UGOOS may even have a little Christmas gift for us, hope so!

Comment

Hi all! Glad to tell to you what new beta version firmware based on Android 5.1.1 now availible .
      More info you can read here.
      Official Ugoos firmwares with linux you can find here.
      Official Ugoos firmwares for UT2/UM2 and UT1 you can find here.
      Sorry for my english XD

Comment

Originally posted by Ava View Post
        Hi all! Glad to tell to you what new beta version firmware based on Android 5.1.1 now availible .
        Thanks Ava, look forward to trying it tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Ava View Post
          Thank you Ava and Ugoos team. Time for a new flash!

Comment

Tested on the UT3 2GB/16GB, installed standalone 5.1 Beta. 1080p PC Monitor for a display.

Initial testing of 5.1 Beta is pretty good, but mixed. Eth, Bluetooth work. SPDIF works. OTG port working with a thumb drive now.

I am having some throughput issues with WiFi on 2.4GHz. WiFi also struggles to connect after rebooting. I will check some things on my setup to make sure it is not at fault.
            On 5.1 Alpha, I could play up to 2160 vids on Youtube through the browser without issue. Now app crashes if it is attempted. Same with 1440. 1080 works, but seemed much smoother in 5.1 Alpha. OGYoutube app is buggy, it ran very well under Alpha.
            Of course, these may have nothing to do with 5.1 Beta, further study required.

When attempting to Un-mount a thumb drive, it says it is safe to remove. But when removed, notification bar reports error, "USBMassStorage unexpectedly removed".
            The UT3 also crashed upon inserting a USB card reader. But this has not repeated.

Native Music player no longer recognizes iPod. And the iPod does not show up anywhere else. It did both in Alpha, however in Alpha, plugging in the iPod would mute the audio over HDMI and A/V. Audio is not muted in Beta.

I'm having enough issues to think I may have a bad download or flash. I'm going to re-download the file and then reflash it.
            I'm interested to see how others are doing with 5.1 Beta.
            I'll post back with my results after the re-download and re-flash.

Comment

RISCy Dude, thanks for your review!
              I am having some throughput issues with WiFi on 2.4GHz. WiFi also struggles to connect after rebooting. I will check some things on my setup to make sure it is not at fault.
              On 5.1 Alpha, I could play up to 2160 vids on Youtube through the browser without issue. Now app crashes if it is attempted. Same with 1440. 1080 works, but seemed much smoother in 5.1 Alpha. OGYoutube app is buggy, it ran very well under Alpha.
              Of course, these may have nothing to do with 5.1 Beta, further study required.
              You can try using official youtube app. Official app now also supported resolutions 1080p and 1440p

I'm having enough issues to think I may have a bad download or flash. I'm going to re-download the file and then reflash it.
              I'm interested to see how others are doing with 5.1 Beta.
              I'll post back with my results after the re-download and re-flash.
              I think it is problems in firmware, it is very unstable yet. But we will try to solve most problems in near time!
              Sorry for my english XD

Comment

Thanks for the reply Ava. Please don't take my post as criticism or complaint. It is only feedback.
                OGYoutube seems to be working well after I re-download Ugoos 5.1 Beta and re-flashed. I will try the official app.
                I will continue to test the Beta.
                Thank you and Team Ugoos for your continuing efforts.

Comment

Hi Ava
                  i tested the 5.1 on my UT3 2/16GB no Fan.
                  Bugs :
                  1 reboot problems (after reboot/boot/no boot/resolution problems) only on 5.1
                  2 not possible to use 3g dongle E1550 K3765 only on 5.1 K3765 dont work on 4.4.2
                  3 no sound on touch only on default soundoutput if you press fast enough / hdmi output no sound on touch 5.1 & 4.4.2
                  4 Settings under Apps if you uninstall an App it is not possible to uninstall another,first you have to go back. 4.4.2
                  5 bad Translations under Settings/Display if German Language selected it is still English 4.4.2
                  6 Soundstutters and Stutters in Games 4.4.2
                  7 MusikFx Equlizer Bug it is not possible to change the Bass Button dont move even it is on or off 5.1 & 4.4.2
                  8 log error coudnt find or load memtrack module 4.4.2
                  and what about Root like on FWs before and a working and useable Recovery
                  some Bugs are the same maybe because of the same kernel.If i find more i will report and edit please Ava still support 4.4.2 (2.2.0)
                  Last edited by gefattern; 10-31-2015, 19:12.

Comment

Originally posted by gefattern View Post
                    Hi Ava
                    i tested the 5.1 on my UT3 2/16GB no Fan.
                    Bugs :
                    1 reboot problems (after reboot/boot/no boot/resolution problems) only on 5.1
                    2 not possible to use 3g dongle E1550 K3765 only on 5.1 K3765 dont work on 4.4.2
                    3 no sound on touch only on default soundoutput if you press fast enough / hdmi output no sound on touch 5.1 & 4.4.2
                    4 Settings under Apps if you uninstall an App it is not possible to uninstall another,first you have to go back. 4.4.2
                    5 bad Translations under Settings/Display if German Language selected it is still English 4.4.2
                    6 Soundstutters and Stutters in Games 4.4.2
                    7 MusikFx Equlizer Bug it is not possible to change the Bass Button dont move even it is on or off 5.1 & 4.4.2
                    8 log error coudnt find or load memtrack module 4.4.2
                    and what about Root like on FWs before and a working and useable Recovery
                    some Bugs are the same maybe because of the same kernel.If i find more i will report and edit please Ava still support 4.4.2 (2.2.0)
                    Want to add to the above that in Accessibility settings like colour inversion and other similar settings, if selected/tried results in a black screen with no way to return to previous settings. 5.1
                    in SPMC poor USB DAC audio performance with popping/clicking noises. 4.4.2
                    Back/return button sometimes/rarely refuses to work as if the function is completely missing requiring a reboot. 4.4.2

Request list for 5.1;
                    OC Kernel.
                    Dark Theme.
                    USB DAC support.
                    More +/- volume steps.
                    WiFiOnOff desktop widget.
                    Remove/clear all apps button from recent menu.
                    All of Ugoos Settings from 4.4.2 if possible.

Please also implement VPU support by Mac_L1 if Linux/5.1 dual boot release is planned.
                    Last edited by AnotherOne; 11-15-2015, 15:22.

Comment

Originally posted by AnotherOne View Post

Want to add to the above that in Accessibility settings like colour inversion and other similar settings, if selected/tried results in a black screen with no way to return to previous settings. 5.1
                      in SPMC poor USB DAC audio performance with popping/clicking noises. 4.4.2
                      Back/return button sometimes/rarely refuses to work as if the function is completely missing requiring a reboot. 4.4.2

Request list for 5.1;
                      OC Kernel.
                      Dark Theme.
                      USB DAC support.
                      More +/- volume steps.
                      WiFiOnOff desktop widget.
                      Remove/clear all apps button from recent menu.
                      All of Ugoos Settings from 4.4.2 if possible.

Please also implement VPU support by Mac_L1 if Linux/5.1 dual boot release is planned.
                      Thanks, for you requests!

>>Back/return button sometimes/rarely refuses to work as if the function is completely missing requiring a reboot. 4.4.2
                      If you using mouse, you can press right button for that...
                      Sorry for my english XD

Comment

I think Ava have surprise for you soon re launcher😆 The rom work ok if swapped out with Wasser or neomode but some functions still missing and hdmi in no work. Partition size could be better. Neomode solve re boot issue on mk902ii firmware. I think it in root permission and just freezes box or kills video. So lollipop getting viable but best to beat is wassers roms just look at the releases on his. Ava maybe tome to team up with good dev to get it into proper working order 😆
                        Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

I had no much time to test since I become this box. Here are short the bugs that I find.

2.2.0:
                          - Most videos does not play whithout stutter every any seconds
                          - (good) 3D iso works fine

3.0.2.b:
                          - every any seconds the sound hickups if I stream HD Audio over HDMI in Kodi
                          - 3D iso dont work with the build in player
                          - (good) very smooth playback in Kodi

sorry for my english

Comment

Originally posted by TheCritter View Post
                            I had no much time to test since I become this box. Here are short the bugs that I find.

2.2.0:
                            - Most videos does not play whithout stutter every any seconds
                            - (good) 3D iso works fine

3.0.2.b:
                            - every any seconds the sound hickups if I stream HD Audio over HDMI in Kodi
                            - 3D iso dont work with the build in player
                            - (good) very smooth playback in Kodi

sorry for my english

Most firmware will stutter on Beelink, Tronsmart devices.
                            But on UGOOS UT3 & Nagrace HPH boxes people don't get stutter with the same firmware.

Comment

Yes I know, I have yet a Ugoos UT3s and send my Tronsmart back.
                              I mean my tests was withe this Ugoos

Comment

Originally posted by TheCritter View Post
                                Yes I know, I have yet a Ugoos UT3s and send my Tronsmart back.
                                I mean my tests was withe this Ugoos
                                Then it must be something with the firmware.
                                Final Lollipop firmware should solve it, we'll just have to wait.

Comment

Working...
                                X