Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FIRST ALPHA ANDROID 5.1 FIRMWARE FOR UT3S

ALPHA!!
    Hi guys, today we can tell you what our first alfa version of Android 5.1 Lollipop for RK3288 Ugoos UT3S ready.
    A long way behind, we was try to catch and fix a lot of bug that come to us from original RK SDK.

So we want to warn you about some critical issues we still working on:
    1. Don't use any usb cameras now - it will push your device to boot-loop forever
    2. Yes, we know that switcher from 1080p to 4K is not working now, we trying to fix this issue
    3. Fan is off

Please, help us to catch other bugs if they still exists here. We can do best 5.1 ROM with your help, guys!
    USE AT YOU OWN RISK. Be ready that device will be not so stable as you expect
    v.3.0.0.a

Downloads: Ugoos UT3S - download
    Screenshots:

Thanks

I think the biggest bug Rockchip have to fix for RK3288 is the
    keyboard repeating keys, very noticeable when using an airmouse and typing into a browser.
    They should use a dwc2 driver instead of dwc_otg_310 that is buggy that they use.
    In newer kernels 3.14 used on Chromebooks the problem is gone.

Also support for 10-bit H264 1080p Anime videos.
    If you play it in SPMC, MXPlayer, RKVideoplayer the color is not right.
    When you use SPMC and turn off rkstagefright/Mediacodec Acceleration and only play with software acceleration the color is correct but uses 90-100 CPU usage.
    Rockchip needs to find a way to update ffmpeg to allow GPU or VPU to also decode these kinds of videos.

Comment

ut3?? link

Comment

Originally posted by endera View Post
        ut3?? link
        I have not tried this F/W yet, but generally UT3S F/W will work on the UT3. However, UT3 HDMI switch or its settings won't work. I don't know about this F/W though. I will give it a try on my UT3 tonight, if I get the chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Eugene View Post
          .....1. Don't use any usb cameras now - it will push your device to boot-loop forever.....
          Hello Eugene, Thanks for your efforts. In the quote where you talk about a "bootloop forever", would that bootloop be resolved with a reflash? In other words, we're not talking permanent brick here.....right?

Comment

no permanent brick, but fricking kebord loop back again shit!!! I thought it resolved but the issue with same issue again. type and you get crap like this shhhhhhhhhhhejjejhejjjj. That drives me insane lol. anyways nice build lots corrected usb drive one loads one cant be seen.

Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

How can I root this Rom?

Comment

Originally posted by endera View Post
                ut3?? link
                it works on UT3. smooth MKV video. AVI's & MP4's crashing at scrolling. Also no sound on optical (SPIDF). HDMI and A/V works! Otherwise very smooth rom. Go on Eugene!

Comment

Originally posted by H-Tab View Post
                  How can I root this Rom?
                  download
                  install TWRP and root. all instructions included.
                  Last edited by majo11; 08-11-2015, 12:49.

Comment

Originally posted by majo11 View Post

download
                    install TRWP and root. all instructions included.

thnks.....

Comment

it works on UT3. smooth MKV video. AVI's & MP4's crashing at scrolling. Also no sound on optical (SPIDF). HDMI and A/V works! Otherwise very smooth rom. Go on Eugene!
                      Thnks Bro...

Comment

also had some problems with SMB Lan connections from XBMC and SPMC. Solved with Titanium backup restore of XBMC from Kitkat backup.
                        Now back on stable KitKat with SPIDF sound working

Comment

First Impressions of 5.1 Alpha...

Android 5.1 Alpha on 2GB/16GB UT3(with fan). Displayed through a 1080p monitor.

1.) Low speed USB devices, mouse, etc., not working on the USB port closest to the HDMI-out port. That is also true for all previous Android versions I've tried.
                          The USB port next to the TF slot, does not work while running this Alpha ROM. It does light the LED on a thumb drive, but as far as I can tell, it will do nothing else.

1a.) Update: Regarding the USB port closest to the HDMI port, when an iPod is connected to this USB port, it mutes the sound over HDMI and A/V. The box's volume control works, but no sound is output.

2.) First cold boot of day two, resulted in the box appearing to freeze just after the desktop(Launcher3) was up, but not yet populated with program icons. After waiting for 3-5 minutes for icons to load, I tried to do a reboot using the remote, oddly enough, it worked. Otherwise the box seemed completely frozen.
                          A subsequent reboot was successful. The behavior repeated through the night. This repeated until I selected a default launcher.

3.) As noted elsewhere, no SPDIF output, no light in the port.

4.) The box will not power on if a TF card is installed, whether power applied, power button or remote's power button. The TF card used was a freshly formatted, Fat32, 8GB. If the card has a system on it, like Ugoos' Ubuntu 15.04(SD boot version), then it powers on and boots fine. But if a TF card with just data(files, pics, etc.) is in the slot, it will not power on by any method.

5.) When adjusting the volume via the remote, holding the key does not cause the volume to keep increasing or decreasing. The key must be pressed repeatedly to accomplish vol up or vol down sweeps.

I am no video-phile, but the video during the last part of the Antutu benchmark, played smoother than I have seen on this box.1080 vids on OGYoutube were also very smooth. Using a browser to play Youtube vids up to 2160p, also played well. Using SPMC to play a couple of 3840x2160 h.264 mp4 files, located on the UT3, played beautifully. No drops, skips or stutters.

BTW for the curious, 5.1 Alpha scored 45293, usually get ~38000+ on 4.4.

5.1 looks very promising on the UT3(S). Looking forward to the Beta and the release.

Thanks for your efforts Eugene and Team Ugoos.

A couple of screenshots...

Last edited by RISCy Dude; 08-14-2015, 06:18.

Comment

Any future updates for remote and spdif? Waiting fo a log time for this updates.

Comment

Also looking forward to the full release... Any dates?

Comment

Working...
                              X