Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

flash android version on ut3s

hi,
    i have the ut3s (4gb ram). it is a dual boot and i wanted to flash just the android version.
    i downloaded the files from ugoos's site.
    i connected the device to my comuter and tried to flash the version with the android tool.
    according to the menuel i need to hit the firmware buttom and navigae to the file. what file? thare are alot if files there and i dont know which one.\
    thank you.

If I understand you question, after extracting the zip file containing the update, you will find some config files(*.cfg). From the first tab in the Android tool, right-click and select, " Load Config", find and select the Android only config file(config.cfg) in the files you extracted. You will notice line 2 in the Android tool change. There are some photo examples in the update guide PDF file, also found in the update file.
    From the forum page on official Linux firmwares...
    "... to flash unpacked firmware (for firmwares v.0.2.1 and later):
    By default Android tool configured to flashing "clear" android on your device. If you want install
    “Dualboot” or “Clear linux” click right mouse button by program window, and then select
    “Load config”.
    Then choose one of configurations files:
    - config.cfg - if want flash only Android
    - config_dualboot.cfg - if want flash dualboot
    - config_linux.cfg - if want flash only linux"
    From the quote above, it says the default is Android only. I have not loaded dual-boot since testing this version, but for Android only, you should not have to change anything, but I don't recall.
    Good luck, any questions, just post back here.
    Last edited by RISCy Dude; 08-22-2015, 04:25. Reason: syntax

Comment

BTW Open the PDF file named, "ugoos_firmware_upgrade_guide.pdf", included in the update package. On pages 8 and 9 of that guide, you will find some helpful info, with screenshots of this procedure.
      Hope that helps.

Comment

Thank you for your replay! It was very helpful. I manage to flash it correctly

Comment

Very good. Glad to hear it. Thanks for following up on this post.
          Regards.

Comment

You may want to try this Android only ROM (beta) from Ugoos. It has a branded Kodi that eliminated an audio skip issue that I was having. My only issue now is that Kodi freezes after finishing a video. Other than this, it is a pretty solid ROM and very fast.

Nvidia Shield (2017 & 2019), A95x Max, WD EX2 NAS

Comment

Hello
              I have the Android on my UTS3 flashed 5.1 version using the android tool. But then my box won't boot! I can only the Android 4.4 from the dual bot FW package install, then start the box without any problems!
              Does anyone also have this error?

Comment

Hello and Welcome to Freaktab. Make sure you grabbed the correct version for your box. Try downloading the file again and see if you have better luck. I am running 5.1 on my UT3 and it flashed without issue.
                There is also the possibility that if you are coming from dual-boot, you may have to select a configuration file for Android only. I don't think the 5.1 can dual-boot at this stage, but I'm not sure.
                Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Comment

Thank you for your reply! I'd like to have Android only on the box! That should go, or? I have flashed to the manual, therefore I tried first without config (default program configured to flashing "clear" android on your device.)
                  There's no work, because "does the LED stay blue? Box looks to be on but won't light the display!". I downloaded the file again. Then I from which the packet "config.cfg - if want flash only Android" selected. Did not work but also. I could then the Android 4.4 of the packet the dual Flash,. It went without any problems!

Comment

I won't be back at the UT3 until this evening. I will check then. It may be that a "Lower Format" or "Flash erase" will do it. But please wait for me to check.
                    Regards.

Comment

Thank you, I'm waiting for your feedback. greeting

Comment

Using this method will wipe your data and apps.
                        I opened the Android tool from the update folder, connected the UT3 with reset button pressed until recognized by the tool, clicked the LowerFormat button. It showed the progress and said it was successful.
                        Then I clicked the Run button and the flashing started with progress displayed. Once it said success, I disconnected the USB cable.
                        Also when it was done, some text scrolled on the bottom of the display(TV) and then it went dark for a few minutes(Maybe this is what you experienced). I got tired of waiting after 3 minutes(don't know why this happened) and pressed and held the power button on the remote for about 5-6 seconds. The display lit and there was 5.1, all seems well. Subsequent reboots have occurred without issue. If this occurs to you and the remote thing does not work, wait five minutes and then remove power from the box for 8-10 seconds. Plug power back in and it should boot.

Hope it works for you.
                        I think you had it before, but this little anomaly hid your success.
                        Cheers.

Comment

Thank you
                          as I have written, I have several times had the 5.1 flashed, and then getting the dark screen!
                          I'll try your tip, maybe it will work!
                          I'm back!
                          Greeting
                          Sorry for my bad English--> Google Translator

Comment

Hello there,

I have solved my problem! Before I tried your suggestion, I connected the box to the computer monitor! And the picture was there immediately. Then I again connected the box to the TV and tried your proposal with the remote control.But it did not work! Then again i connected the box to the computer monitor and the settings I have the resolution changed to automatically!I reconnected to TV and nothing! No picture! Then last attempt; i reconnected the box on the computer monitor and the resolution in the settings to 1920 * 1080p changed. Then when I connected the box to TV the picture was right there !!!
                            So it was at the **** resolution of the TV ??? Regardless then I have the box reflashed, because of memory allocation! The parameter file must still adapt the android tool in the line, default is as 4G, and I have changed only 8G!

Thanks for your help,and apologize for my stupidity! I've done a lot as a hobby at the satellite Reciver and because it is always so that one should connect the box to another TV first, if it is not running. Here, however, made me the box ripped, with the Android 4.4 and Linux I've had the image on TV. That's why I assumedthat the error (no picture on TV) only with the Android 5.1 is due!

Comment

I am glad you are making progress with the box. I have seen no stupidity. This stuff can be frustrating when things don't go as expected. As the current 5.1 is a Beta, this can add complications.
                              Let us know how it is going.
                              Regards.
                              BTW Cute puppy, is it yours or just an avatar.

Comment

Working...
                              X