Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flash nand from booting linux on microsd.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flash nand from booting linux on microsd.

Goodday to all, my first post and hopefully not my last.
    I have a ut3 2g/16gb with selfmade coolling, with the following problem.
    I can't seem to get it flashed with rkbatchtool or androidtool, have tried every combination
    with all the same results and errors.
    it all started when i was watching a movie with popcorn, when all of a sudden it froze and i was forced to pull
    the powerplug.
    On returning the powerplug it started to boot and all the ut3 did was show the ugoos bootlogo and stayed there forever.
    I kept repeating to turn it off and on, with no progress.
    After a day of reading up on the internet on how to flash and recover the ut3, i downloaded all the necessary files and pulled the
    otg usb cable out of the box.
    Went to the ugoos site and downloaded what was already on the device, namely firmware 2.20, fired up androidtool loaded all the files in
    and hit the run button.
    Tried rkbatchtool, all with same results...
    And from there it was all "download idb fail", "download image fail", "prepare idb fail", "type mismatch", etc, etc.
    Tried all this starting from windows 10 all the way down to XP.
    In the meantime i looked everywhere for a solution, came upon very nice solutions (http://chinagadgetsreviews.blogspot....gic-v5-tv.html), but even that didnt work.
    The only thing that seems to work is booting linux from microsd, and that works flawlessly.
    Now i was wondering if it was possible to flash android back on the device through the linux i booted?

Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Should work same for your device?
      Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
        Almost, only i was wondering if its possible to flash the device via the ubuntu linux booted from the device it self.
        The previous link i already tried thx.

Comment

I don't think so, but one of the OTA zips might be used on a card. If you want to flash from Linux, you could probably do it from your PC running a Live Linux distribution from optical disc or USB.
          Have you tried using a different USB port on your PC? Seems like I remember mo123 saying something about using a port with power saving disabled. I'll post back if I find it.
          Update: Here is the link, it may only apply to his F/W, but maybe it will help. Look for the heading, "Before Installation".

Comment

OTA zip would be nice if i could enter recovery, i can't seem to enter recovery.
            Pin inside recovery hole, and then power cable in, right?
            Nothing happens, screen stays black.

Comment

Originally posted by unabombr View Post
              Almost, only i was wondering if its possible to flash the device via the ubuntu linux booted from the device it self.
              Check if you can see under Linux terminal /dev/block/mmcblk[0,1]p[1-9]*

If yes then you should be able to flash partition images with "dd" command.
              Example:
              dd if=resource.img of=/dev/block/platform/ff0f0000.rksdmmc/by-name/resource
              etc.
              RK3288 2GB/16GB OC 1.9GHz at 1.2V RAM [email protected] Wasser's 3.0.11 firmware
              Out: monitor FullHD 16:9, 3.5" jack headphones; In: remote control, USB HUB: keyboard + mouse + pendrive
              bricked: VOYO V1 mini 8G/64GB Windows 10

Comment

Did this work as it seems to bi pass the mask mode way and if it does will be easy solution for softbricked devices for

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
                  Did this work as it seems to bi pass the mask mode way and if it does will be easy solution for softbricked devices for
                  I think that "Mask" mode is needed when Loader program is damaged. This is probably held in first 4KB of NAND storage and if damaged then SD boot will also not work.

Besides I still don't know if NAND storage is available to user when booting Linux from SD card.
                  Last edited by Gormar; 10-02-2015, 08:23.
                  RK3288 2GB/16GB OC 1.9GHz at 1.2V RAM [email protected] Wasser's 3.0.11 firmware
                  Out: monitor FullHD 16:9, 3.5" jack headphones; In: remote control, USB HUB: keyboard + mouse + pendrive
                  bricked: VOYO V1 mini 8G/64GB Windows 10

Comment

Working...
                  X