To be or not to be.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To be or not to be.

I want to buy Ugoos 4/32. Good idea or not? Tell me please?!!!

Originally posted by finov View Post
    I want to buy Ugoos 4/32. Good idea or not? Tell me please?!!!

What do you want to do with your prospective purchase?
    R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Only video.,

Comment

Tired of problems with other boxes . Want 3d, 4K , online video without prlblem !

Comment

What kind of video functionality in particular?

The UT4 is based on the RK3368 like quite a few boxes around right now.

Whist the 4Gb RAM and 32Gb storage will give you a little more than most others do, you may find that you won't need or use the extra resources for just video playback and could therefore save yourself money by looking at a lower spec 2Gb/16Gb model, which then opens up more possibilities in terms of manufacturers and of course, cheaper cost.

It's worth looking around the RK3368 forums to see what kind of level of support each box gets from users and devs as well as seeing which vendor gives the best support in terms of official ROM's and development.

Just spotted that you want 3D and 4k and no problems.

I'm afraid that you will have to expect that these Chinese based boxes will not do what the marketing claims out of the box and that there will be some wait to get all the functionality that you want.

The Zidoo X6 Pro seems the closest to getting good quality 3D playback but this is still being developed.

There is a useful thread here where 3D aficionados discuss 3D in great detail.

From the little I know of Himedia, I have read that they tend to play 3D quite well and their Q5 and Q10 boxes are also able to support 4k.

Had you not said 3D then I would probably have said go for the Nvidia Shield, which as an out of the box experience is going to be less problematic but whilst 3D can be played, the files have to be converted to a format that the Shield will play.

R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Hisilicon, Mstar, amlogic s812 (Wetek Core), amlogic s905 s912?

Comment

Working...
            X