Ugoos ut3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ugoos ut3

Location settings. How can this be enabled? Some apps need this on to run. Any help would be great thanks.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Originally posted by thesandman16ca View Post
    Location settings. How can this be enabled? Some apps need this on to run. Any help would be great thanks.

What version of firmware are you running? It is usually @Settings/Personal/Location.

Comment

2.2.0 version it doesn't have a botton to switch to on it just says location off

Comment

I'm trying the 5.1 Beta and can't recall this in 2.2.0. Location seems to work on the 5.1 Beta.
        Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Comment

How long before the 5.1 is no longer beta. Im too nervous to try it its the only working box i got right now. So you can turn on location settings in 5.1?

Comment

Originally posted by RISCy Dude View Post
            ....... Location seems to work on the 5.1 Beta.....
            Though I have not used any apps that require it.
            When I get back to 2.2.0 I'll check the Location function.
            Is your box rooted? Are there any Google related updates showing for your box?

I do not know when 5.1 release will occur. I think they are very focused on it and working as fast as they can. They have been busy getting two new models out the door. One of them is another 3288 box. So I would think there is a lot of pressure to get 5.1 running well on the 3288. Though I read the new 3288 box, the UT3+, may come with 4.4 to begin with.
            I'd stay with 2.2.0 for now. Hopefully you will find a solution for the location problem.

Comment

I rooted it in the ugoos settings. I dont see any updates anywhere also. Thanks for your input.

Comment

I loaded up 2.2.0 and can confirm the Location option is not working. I don't know why.

Comment

I have had this box for a year and notice its never worked. Also before my ubox r89 stopped working it never worked on it either same rk3288 in it not sure why it is. Thanks again for your response.

Comment

After hard reset, my ut3 ask about permission for acsess to location and if you allow it, you will have no more problem with this anymore

Comment

Hey victor thanks for your response. What update are you on? And what do you mean by hard reset. Not sure how to do that. If you could go through step by step how you did this it would really help me out ty.

Comment

Hey victor thanks for your response. What update are you on? And what do you mean by hard reset. Not sure how to do that. If you could go through step by step how you did this it would really help me out thanks.

Comment

My current fmware is V2.2.0 for UM3/UT3/UT3S based on Android 4.4.
                          Hard reset step by step:
                          1. Should save all necessary data before hard reset.
                          2. Run: Settings--Backup & reset--Personal data--factory data reset.
                          System will ask you again and again about erasing data and in the end there will be a button "Erase everything"
                          In 5 -10 min you will get clean system.
                          3. The first question that android ask you after first start will be: "Use Google's location service?" you should answer "Agree"
                          4. The second question will be "In a previous version of Android, you turned off the ability for Google apps to access your location. Turn it back on for all Google apps?"
                          So you, certainly, should say "Yes"
                          After this steps I turned back my google account and downloaded forsquare. Google map locate me properly using my wifi connection and forsquare offer me a couple of restourants near by.

I don't know what is difference if you try turn on the location in system without hardreset or set location after first start.
                          Hope It will help you

Comment

Thanks for your reply I'll try this and let you know if it works for me.

Comment

It worked victor thanks for your answer this saved a lot of headaches for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X