Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RISCy Dude
    replied
    Hello, I do not have the UT3S, but something does not look correct, regarding system storage showing 1GB total. On the UT3(2GB/16GB) 2.2.0 firmware package, there are several data partition options available, 2GB, 4GB and 8GB. The default is 4GB. I do not know how the UT3S is structured or if you have a 4GB/32GB model. So I do not know if these parameter files are included with the UT3S F/W or if the UT3S can use them. A screenshot of the UT3 F/W package showing the parameter files is below. I would think the UT3S also has these, but better to wait on someone with experience on the UT3S. Or you could look in the firmware package for the UT3S and see if they are there. If so, maybe choosing the 4GB or 8GB option will help you.
    Wish I could be more helpful. Let me know if you need more info.
    Good luck.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Ugoos parameters.JPG
Views:	38
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	548021

Leave a comment:

• sabutai
    replied
    Originally posted by RISCy Dude View Post

Hello, What version of firmware is on your UT3S?
    I have not seen the issues you mentioned. I have the UT3, it is very stable overall. Though I am on the latest 5.1 Beta, I don't remember the issues you stated on 4.4 versions. Have you tried any other F/W versions or re-Flashing your current version?
    Might try clearing SPMC/Kodi's cache.
    Good luck.

Hi, thanks for the reply the version i have is

Android Version: 4.4.2
    Kernel Version 3.10.0
    Build Number: UT3S-eng 4.4.2 KOT49H eng.ugoos.20150721.162105 release-keys
    Vendor Software Version: UGOOS_UT3S__v2.2.0

I have a feeling it is memory or ram related the reason i say this is because i have deleted everything i am able to off of the device so that only the default apps and also SPMC is on the device and since then i have not had the problem however its not great that i can not install any other apps, i have attached a photo of my storage

thanks all for your replys and help

Leave a comment:

• cjeman
    replied
    Yeah.. I have downloaded it and will dabble. I assume the Ugoos will do a dualboot version around this guy at some time.

Leave a comment:

• RISCy Dude
    replied
    Originally posted by sabutai View Post
    Hi all,

So i purchase the Ugoos UT3S from gearbest to replace a cheap android box i have as this had much better specs to watch stuff off my nas hdd however with kodi i always seem to have problems either it just decides to crash and the app closes itself without notice sometimes allowing me to just reopen it without having to reboot the box and if im luck enough to be able to watch something i end up with either a black screen or the navigation box is all black instead of listing either the folders or files in it to view again making me have to reboot the box.

The box came with SPMC on it pre installed which is where i first got these problems so i downloaded kodi from the android play store and unfortunetly get the same problems in that i have also downloaded the kodi apk from kodi's website and get the same result.

i dont know if this is a common problem or is just isolated to my box as i searched the forum and could not really find anyone else suffering these problems, on other thing that happens is that on the main menu of kodi where you select video/pictures/audio/settings the text at the bottom that tells you about upcoming news for kodi will scroll at the normal pace then suddenly speed up and then slow down then speed up again so i dont know if this has anything to do with it?

any help or advise would be greatly appreciated
    Hello, What version of firmware is on your UT3S?
    I have not seen the issues you mentioned. I have the UT3, it is very stable overall. Though I am on the latest 5.1 Beta, I don't remember the issues you stated on 4.4 versions. Have you tried any other F/W versions or re-Flashing your current version?
    Might try clearing SPMC/Kodi's cache.
    Good luck.

Leave a comment:

• RISCy Dude
    replied
    Originally posted by cjeman View Post
    ..... You lose Ubuntu but....
    Could use the Ubuntu SD card version to boot/run from SD card.
    Cheers.
    Last edited by RISCy Dude; 12-20-2015, 05:13.

Leave a comment:

• cjeman
    replied
    I have the same box and was having issues with audio cutting out in Kodi (both HDMI & SPDIF). I installed v3.0.2. You lose Ubuntu but it has a branded Kodi that runs well. You can always do a rebuild dual back to Android 4.2.2 anytime.

http://ugoos.net/blog/rk3288-ut3-um3...b-lightbiz-ota

Ugoos downloads:

12/30 - I have found an issue with Kodi where after a video ends, Kodi goes black and cannot be ended gracefully.
    Last edited by cjeman; 12-31-2015, 03:59. Reason: Further testing results

Leave a comment:

• sabutai
    started a topic SPMC/Kodi Crashes

SPMC/Kodi Crashes

Hi all,

So i purchase the Ugoos UT3S from gearbest to replace a cheap android box i have as this had much better specs to watch stuff off my nas hdd however with kodi i always seem to have problems either it just decides to crash and the app closes itself without notice sometimes allowing me to just reopen it without having to reboot the box and if im luck enough to be able to watch something i end up with either a black screen or the navigation box is all black instead of listing either the folders or files in it to view again making me have to reboot the box.

The box came with SPMC on it pre installed which is where i first got these problems so i downloaded kodi from the android play store and unfortunetly get the same problems in that i have also downloaded the kodi apk from kodi's website and get the same result.

i dont know if this is a common problem or is just isolated to my box as i searched the forum and could not really find anyone else suffering these problems, on other thing that happens is that on the main menu of kodi where you select video/pictures/audio/settings the text at the bottom that tells you about upcoming news for kodi will scroll at the normal pace then suddenly speed up and then slow down then speed up again so i dont know if this has anything to do with it?

any help or advise would be greatly appreciated
Working...
X