Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Linux won`t boot up after update(UT3S)

Hi,
    I have a problem, after installation i can`t apply any update (MAC_L1 or system) because when i reboot system wont start.
    When I turn on device I see 3 penguins and screen goes black and message NO SIGNAL.
    I tried dualboot, clear linux, sd-card.
    Anyone have any solution for this problem?

Hello and welcome to Freaktab.
    Does the LED stay blue? Box looks to be on but won't light the display, is this right?

Comment

Yes, everything as you said.

Comment

And you have an answer to the RISCy Dude? My box is exactly like that of the mjentos!

Comment

Originally posted by pilik View Post
          And you have an answer to the RISCy Dude? My box is exactly like that of the mjentos!
          I thought you were having problems with 5.1.

Comment

Originally posted by mjentos View Post
            Yes, everything as you said.
            I forgot to get back to you on this, my apologies. I have to run now, but I will check my notes on this error tomorrow.

Comment

mjentos, I cannot find my notes, I think they were on the drive I lost in the last few weeks. Tonight I booted the UT3 using SD Linux and dang if it did not boot to the display failing to light. I'm not sure why this happens, it is rare that I experience it. I remember trying some key combinations that would get the screen to light when it happens. I don't think I ever figured out exactly what key or key combination would do it.
              Tonight when it happened, I again started trying some key combinations, Ctrl+Backspace, then I tried Ctrl+F6 quickly followed by Ctrl+F7 and the screen lit, there was the Linux desktop. If I remember correctly, the same key combination that worked tonight may not always work, but some combo has always got it to light the screen. I do not know why this happens. I have rebooted now 10 times and it has not happened again. Some kind of anomaly, but when it happens, the box is booted and running Linux, it just won't light the screen. Its like it boots to sleep mode or something. Hard to get a handle on it, as I cannot repeat the failure twice in a row.
              I know this post is not very scientific.
              I hope you have some luck with the key combo thing.

Comment

Sorry-@RISCy dude,
                Yes, I have problems with 5.1, the box behaves exactly like that of the-@mjentos.
                But thanks, you help me in other thread.
                Greeting

EDIT

Problem solved!
                Last edited by pilik; 01-15-2016, 20:57.

Comment

mjentos I have found a sequence that seems to work reliably. I cannot guaranty it will help in your case, but try the following sequence. When the screen fails to light....Do them all in the order shown...
                  Ctrl+Alt+F5
                  Ctrl+Alt+F6
                  Ctrl+Alt+F7
                  You can just hold Ctrl+Alt and the enter F5,F6,F7.
                  I will be interested to know if this works for you.

Good day.

Comment

Working for me, thank you very much!!!

Comment

Hello ziggystar, Welcome to Freaktab.
                      Glad it worked.
                      Cheers.

Comment

Working...
                      X