Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UT3S VPU acceleration all good with Mac_L1 Kodi?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT3S VPU acceleration all good with Mac_L1 Kodi?

I am interested in the UT3S, because of its wireless ac support, and the Ubuntu dual boot. I did see the report that VPU acceleration was started my Mac_L1, and have seen the release of Kodi for Ubuntu 14.10. What I have not seen is any feedback from UT3S users on if that solution is working for them, and if so, how well it is working.

Thanks in advance.

Ross

Hello Ross, Welcome to Freaktab.
    I have the UT3. MAC_L1's bits work very well in Mac's Kodi on Ubuntu. I believe he has bits for Ugoos' latest version of Ubuntu. So far it only works in Kodi, but I think some are working to get acceleration throughout Ubuntu.
    I am using my phone now, and it is not convenient to type on. When I get back to a PC, I will post some related links this evening.
    Good day.

Comment

UGOOS is working on something interesting, can't tell more.

Comment

Originally posted by RISCy Dude View Post
        Hello Ross, Welcome to Freaktab.
        I have the UT3. MAC_L1's bits work very well in Mac's Kodi on Ubuntu. I believe he has bits for Ugoos' latest version of Ubuntu. So far it only works in Kodi, but I think some are working to get acceleration throughout Ubuntu.
        I am using my phone now, and it is not convenient to type on. When I get back to a PC, I will post some related links this evening.
        Good day.

Thanks for the feedback... looking forward to the links.

mo123, can you say if it is something related to software or hardware side? (new product, or update of software for current product line?)

Comment

Sorry it took so long, we have some visitors for a few days and that is taking much of my time.
          You may have seen some of these already, and there may be more recent info.
          On Ubuntu 15.04.
          Member peba's site has a lot of info for Linux on ARM
          Wish I had more.

Comment

Originally posted by nfoboy View Post

Thanks for the feedback... looking forward to the links.

mo123, can you say if it is something related to software or hardware side? (new product, or update of software for current product line?)
            It is firmware related.

Comment

mo123 i don't expect answer as you are not allowed to say (i understand that), but hopefully it's android 6
              all android 5 roms are choppy on my mk902II, especially kodi, when typing it freezes many times for few seconds...

Comment

Originally posted by lonely2k5 View Post
                mo123 i don't expect answer as you are not allowed to say (i understand that), but hopefully it's android 6
                all android 5 roms are choppy on my mk902II, especially kodi, when typing it freezes many times for few seconds...
                More on the Linux side...
                Android 6 has been released for RK3368 devices already but for RK3288 it will take a few months before manufacturers release such firmware.
                I don't think any firmware will hugely improve the performance of your MK902II as Rikomagic didn't use the best components like EMMC or RAM chips for faster speed in their box.

Comment

i'm thinking of moving to win10/android dual stick in the near future and let rk3288,3368 behind....
                  but for my problem, i thing it's graphic related as always when problems accur screen flickers or it hapens when some program makes transparent moves...
                  android 4.4 gave me no problems...

Comment

Hi Guys,
                    look crewrktablets.com Oma made a CM13 based on MM for RK3288.Its already made.Its only for Pipo Tablets and others but good news for our Rom Developers.

nice day

gefattern

Comment

Originally posted by lonely2k5 View Post
                      i'm thinking of moving to win10/android dual stick in the near future and let rk3288,3368 behind....
                      but for my problem, i thing it's graphic related as always when problems accur screen flickers or it hapens when some program makes transparent moves...
                      android 4.4 gave me no problems...
                      The only problem with Windows sticks are they have weak GPU's so high end gaming is not possible.
                      Also no HD Audio or 4K videos.
                      You will be stuck with KitKat as Intel hasn't updated most of their chips' firmware to Lollipop.
                      But for 1080p content they should work really stable and well.

Comment

Working...
                      X