V.3.0.4 - Android 5.1.1 Firmware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

V.3.0.4 - Android 5.1.1 Firmware

Ugoos has issued firmware (Android only) the past few weeks for the UT3, UT3S and UM3. V.3.0.4 on my UT3S seem pretty solid, except that the Ugoos Kodi goes to a black screen when a video clip ends. There is no recovery. I have to kill the process. Replacing Ugoos Kodi with 15.2 fixes the problem but I lose the Ugoos tweaks. Anybody else having this issue?

I'd like to see them wrap the Ugoos tweaks into the official Kodi release and create us a dualboot with Ubuntu & Android 5.1.1. (my 2 cents).
    Nvidia Shield (2017 & 2019), A95x Max, WD EX2 NAS

Hi cjeman
    there is a Recovery,you can use the LP Recovery from crewrktablets.com the CWM worked on my UT3 with a BT Mouse.

gefattern

Comment

Here is the crewrktablets area for the DLs, choose carefully. I have not tried it.

Comment

Would like to see ugoos add mac1 support to kodi and Risky have you seen Omans xda mash mellow cm13 on the pipo the specs look impressive and looks like marshmellow is option for 3288 😆
        Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Crew tablets my goof... re post thanks to moe123
          Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Looks like oma got running well with xposed and looks like all audio codex working as well. To boot on mk902ii it fails as it looking for camera and other items. I couldn't see a way to leave message for oma to help us port to our devices but wow it looks impressive.
            You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
              Would like to see ugoos add mac1 support to kodi and Risky have you seen Omans xda mash mellow cm13 on the pipo the specs look impressive and looks like marshmellow is option for 3288 😆
              It would be good to see Mac's bits rolled in to Unbuntu system wide, mo123 hints at something in the works. I don't know if it addresses this, but I hope it does.

No, I have not seen Oman's @ XDA I have been a little distracted lately, but it sounds good.
              Yes, MM would be fun to have a look at. Evidently Oma has done much in this area. mo123 talked of HD audio improvements in MM.
              Have you found or tried any Xposed solution on the 3288? I use it on an AML box, really like it.

Seems the latest Ugoos 5.1 scores about 55,000 in AnTuTu 6.0.1, for what it's worth.

There seems to be a bit of a future for the RK3288.

Comment

No I haven't seen any xposed fix for 3288 but looking at oma post it's in his latest pipo rom.

Comment

Here's Oma's Marshmallow rom (Pipo) running on my RKM V5 (!). I swapped in Wasser's regular bootloader (2.19.10) (to avoid possibly bricking the device) and resource.img from the V5 LP Beta. I have usb/wifi/reboot-shutdown/HDMI working. No sound or ethernet from this tablet rom, of course, and you need to use an airmouse to navigate the touch interface.

Video hesitates momentarily every 5 secs or so (related to missing sound drivers?). But proof of concept is clear - UI is fast and fluid and the rom is obviously highly efficient. It even offers you the choice of using your SD card as internal memory or conventional storage. Once we sort out sound, I think video will follow.

Would a Lollipop kernel boot this rom and would that be a fix? Probably not.

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

Which one the ifIve or the pipo? Looks like Metadata. Img file too I don't think that lollipop kernel would work on this as its marshmellow. It seems he names the kernel and 3 types of kernels in the link below for different devices. If we could get him to make a kernel for the mk902ii I know he's provided them for other roms.

Comment

Ya good choice his boot loader is v2.19.06 there also update script for recovery as well in the rom

Comment

The MM rom is CM13 for the Pipo P9 (v 1.2.2). The bootloader came from Wasser 303 (2.19.10). The V5 LP resource.img enabled wi-fi, which previously didn't work.

As you say, once we get a rk3288 box kernel, there's every reason to expect more great things from our devices. But who will produce such a kernel??

Comment

scooter2014 suggested that I use Jarvis instead of the Ugoos Kodi and it worked like a charm. However, audio winks in and out on both bitstream & spdif. The Ugoos version did not. I need to move this to another receiver.
                          Last edited by cjeman; 02-09-2016, 14:34. Reason: Next day further testing
                          Nvidia Shield (2017 & 2019), A95x Max, WD EX2 NAS

Comment

I trying to play with now. Kernel mod would be good dev maybe we ask the kernel guru d33 to look at it? But first see if way to get running with sound it show 3 kernel packs I downloading them to maybe get lucky one work with sound?

Comment

Good luck. If you figure out sound, please let me know. BTW, I didn't flash the metadata.img, the rom boots fine without it and I suspect it contains tablet-specific apps and drivers.

Comment

Working...
                              X