Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spontaneous Ugoos UT-3 turning off

Hi, there!

I’ve got Ugoos UT-3 (2GB/16GB version with a fan) running under UGOOS_UT3_V2.2.0 firmware.

For more than a month, I have a problem with my device. From time to time, it spontaneously turns off. It can happen just upon booting or in the middle of watching a movie. Usually, it takes several attempts to turn it on back using a remote controller (RC). When I push a power button on RC, the blue power LED on the device goes on for a second, then goes off for another second, again goes on and then goes off completely. The device does not even start booting. Sometimes, when I cannot turn the device on using RC, I unplug the power cord from the device and re-plug it in several seconds. Mostly, it works, but again not always. It's very annoying and frustrating!

Has anyone experienced such a problem? Any ideas of how to fix it?

Thank you.

Originally posted by Karenin View Post
    Hi, there!

I’ve got Ugoos UT-3 (2GB/16GB version with a fan) running under UGOOS_UT3_V2.2.0 firmware.

For more than a month, I have a problem with my device. From time to time, it spontaneously turns off. It can happen just upon booting or in the middle of watching a movie. Usually, it takes several attempts to turn it on back using a remote controller (RC). When I push a power button on RC, the blue power LED on the device goes on for a second, then goes off for another second, again goes on and then goes off completely. The device does not even start booting. Sometimes, when I cannot turn the device on using RC, I unplug the power cord from the device and re-plug it in several seconds. Mostly, it works, but again not always. It's very annoying and frustrating!

Has anyone experienced such a problem? Any ideas of how to fix it?

Thank you.
    Hi

Can you maybe try a different power adapter with the same ratings and 3A?
    You can also try to flash new 3.0.6 Lollipop firmware onto your device, it will solve lots of software problems and give you new improvements.
    Also a very unlickly scenario is that your device is overheating or the fan/heatsink is loose and not connected properly.
    ugoos.net/blog

Hope you sort it out

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post
      Hi

Can you maybe try a different power adapter with the same ratings and 3A?
      You can also try to flash new 3.0.6 Lollipop firmware onto your device, it will solve lots of software problems and give you new improvements.
      Also a very unlickly scenario is that your device is overheating or the fan/heatsink is loose and not connected properly.
      ugoos.net/blog

Hope you sort it out
      Thank you, mo123.
      Overheating is not the case. The fan/heatsink is not loose and works correctly. Besides, sometimes the device turns off in a minute upon booting up when the temperature is still low.
      Firmware is probably also not the cause, since the device worked under that firmware correctly for several months. So, I'll try to find a different power adapter with the same rating.
      It's much worse if it is the device hardware problem, e.g. dying capacitor or anything else. I hope, it's not.

Comment

You can also check in Settings if sleep mode is not activated.
        Not sure where it is.
        Maybe device is entering standby/sleep mode and have trouble waking up again?
        But it sounds more like a power issue.
        Android tv boxes are also very sensitive to power interruptions, power failures and electrostatic damage.
        So I hope your device didn't get hardware damage somewhere down the line.

Comment

Karinin, Make sure when choosing a substitute power supply that it has the correct tip polarity too.

Comment

Originally posted by RISCy Dude View Post
            Karinin, Make sure when choosing a substitute power supply that it has the correct tip polarity too.
            RISCy Dude, thank you for your important comment.

Comment

Hi All

i have this Problems only when i flash my Device.My debloated 2.2.0 Rom with the known Bugs,runs nearly perfect.
              And have you cleaned the dust from the PCB,i only have a modded Fan,but it pulls in dust,i clean it sometimes with a brush.

Would it not be better to post all Bugs in the Firmware Thread

nice Day

gefattern

Comment

Originally posted by gefattern View Post
                Hi All

i have this Problems only when i flash my Device.My debloated 2.2.0 Rom with the known Bugs,runs nearly perfect.
                And have you cleaned the dust from the PCB,i only have a modded Fan,but it pulls in dust,i clean it sometimes with a brush.

Would it not be better to post all Bugs in the Firmware Thread

nice Day

gefattern
                Dear gefattern, I did not understand your post. Please, describe in details the problem you had and how you fixed it. What is debloated 2.2.0 Rom, PCB? What about modded fan and dust cleaning?

Comment

Hi Karenin

debloated means that i deleted all the Apps that i dont need.PCB means the Motherboard inside the Device.I have a UT3 without Fan so i made
                  my own from a PC,Power over USB.Have you ever open your UT3 ? If you dont know what Dust is or a Brush i cant help you.Clean it from inside.
                  Maybe it helps??

But why you dont use the new Firmware ??? Backup your Data and give it a try.
                  No matter which Firmware i use,my blue LED does not work anymore.

I always had Problems with that,while i flashed different FW.

nice Day

gefattern

Comment

Working...
                  X