Audio sync issue on Netflix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Audio sync issue on Netflix

Hey guys. So, I've seen there are a few others with this problems since 3.0.6. Just wanted to know: is there someone who DOESN'T have the issue in this last few releases? I always updated via OTA, so I want to know if it's something that can be fixed by doing a clean install (android tool).

Thanks!

Can someone post a dmesg & catlog with catlog app from Google Play Store, must be rooted first? The logs will help to determine why Netflix is out of sync for you. You can send me the link by PM or also post it here. It willl help determine why Netflix is out of sync for you and a solution can then be found.

Comment

Sorry for the late response. I'm now trying to figure out how to do this (I'm not that much of a techie lol). Do I need any app in particular? Then: should I just run some video on Netflix and send you everything that the app reports?

Comment

Originally posted by seanberna View Post
        Sorry for the late response. I'm now trying to figure out how to do this (I'm not that much of a techie lol). Do I need any app in particular? Then: should I just run some video on Netflix and send you everything that the app reports?
        Root your device with Ugoos Settings.
        Install Catlog app from Google Play store.
        Run Catlog app and start logging.
        Run Netflix and play some video.
        Then copy the complete log from Catlog.

Also install a terminal app from Google Play Store afterwards.
        Type dmesg
        Then also copy that complete log.
        Maube you need to type su dmesg but I think it is only dmesg you have to type.

Comment

Thanks Mo, I've PM'd you some logs

Comment

Originally posted by jona5 View Post
            Thanks Mo, I've PM'd you some logs
            I've send your logs on, maybe there will be something they can find that is causing the problem.

I will upload a small update to my v1.6 firmware that enables the blue LED light again and add a much better Kodi.
            Then you can test the new firmware and also see if Netflix runs differently.

Will also upload a new resource.img for users using Ugoos UT3+ firmware on other HDMI-IN devices so there aren't heating issues.

Comment

Well, the audio sync issue is gone if I set the screen refresh rate to 24Hz. Video is a lot smoother too.

Comment

Well, the audio sync issue is gone if I set the screen refresh rate to 24Hz. Video is a lot smoother too.
                Can you test for about half an hour and just make sure it is still good, audio isn't out of sync or maybe ?
                What refresh rate where you using before, 1080p@60?
                Can you test Ugoos 3.0.7 firmware again and in Settings, look for 'Automatic frame rate switching' or something like that?
                Try with the setting 'on' and 'app specific'.
                Then try using a different resolution/frame-rate(50hz or 60hz, 720p/1080p) and see when you start a video stream if the screen goes blank for 1-2 deconds and changes the frame-rate to play smooth and when you exit Netflix if the screen resolution is still the same non 24hz you set before.

I think that that is the problem since most Netflix shows are in 23.976fps and a frame-rate close to it plays better.

Comment

Will test for drift this evening when I watch the next installment of Stranger Things...
                  yes, I was using 1080p60
                  I have enabled the Ugoos auto framerate switching and it works fine with the built-in players, but not with Kodi or Netflix, but maybe with Netflix this is because the closest timing my TV lists is 1080p@24 ? Not quite a match for 23.976 or is it the same thing?

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

Can you test for about half an hour and just make sure it is still good, audio isn't out of sync or maybe ?
                    Damn, you were right - there is appreciable drift in the audio sync still. There is no correction over time. It seems to be ignoring the key frames.

Found this in the logcat where the 'unsupported index' error might to relate to a 'failure to force a keyframe':
                    Code:
                    E/OMXNodeInstance(  165): getConfig(2d:rk._decoder.avc, ConfigCommonOutputCrop(0x700000f)) ERROR: UnsupportedIndex(0x8000101a)

Comment

Damn, you were right - there is appreciable drift in the audio sync still. There is no correction over time. It seems to be ignoring the key frames.

Found this in the logcat where the 'unsupported index' error might to relate to a 'failure to force a keyframe':
                      Code:
                      E/OMXNodeInstance( 165): getConfig(2d:rk._decoder.avc, ConfigCommonOutputCrop(0x700000f)) ERROR: UnsupportedIndex(0x8000101a)
                      Can you download some 23.976fps videos and test in 'Video' player and also in RKMC/NTMC Kodi?
                      In Kodi you can enable 'Sync playback to display' in Playback options, press 'o' to see the adjustments being made realtime while playing 23.976fps videos.
                      For Netflix change Display to 1080p@50hz and see if the audio out of sync now takes 4 times longer to happen.

Comment

For people that experience audio sync problems when using Netflix, please try these settings and report findings.
                        Screen resolution - 1920x1080p@24hz
                        Auto frame-rate - Video resolution priority

Comment

Just thought I would add that I am having Netflix sync issues. My setup is very basic. I don't use Kodi just the Netflix app. My setup is a 720p (can't go higher) display. You Tube and Hulu work without issue. It's a shame about Netflix because the system is working extremely well.

D.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Dasher View Post
                            Just thought I would add that I am having Netflix sync issues. My setup is very basic. I don't use Kodi just the Netflix app. My setup is a 720p (can't go higher) display. You Tube and Hulu work without issue. It's a shame about Netflix because the system is working extremely well.

D.
                            Can you also try my latest firmware or Ugoos UT3 v3.0.7
                            Since this update, we united all RK3288 devices under the same release base including Ugoos UT3+ and Minibox

Then try the settings posted in the previous post here

Please report back if it helps or you still have trouble.

What resolution settings do you have available in Android Display settings?
                            1280x720@60hz, 50hz, 25hz, 24hz?
                            Netflix requires 24hz, so if your tv doesn't have a refresh rate for that then video will not play smooth.

Comment

Mo123 thanks for your help. I have. 3.0.7 installed. If I have time this weekend I'll give your ROM a try.

The resolution is 1280x720@60hz. . I've never had a problem with Netflix until this current install. I will try MxPlayer to see if there are other problems.

D

Comment

Working...
                              X