Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Different Audio Pass-through Codec testing Needed

Hi

It would be great if users with different audio receivers can make a spreadsheet off all the different audio codecs below.
    Then give a sample video link next to it and your comment about audio playback.
    Do tests with tests with this Kodi on latest v3.0.7 firmware.

Here are several Kodi sample videos to try

> AAC 5.1
    > Multichannel FLAC 5.1
    > DD5.1
    > DD+ 5.1
    > DD+ 7.1
    > Dolby TrueHD 5.1
    > Dolby TrueHD 7.1
    > Dolby ATMOS ( THD 7.1)
    > DTS 5.1
    > DTS HRA 5.1
    > DTS HRA 7.1
    > DTS-HD MA 5.1
    > DTS-HD MA 7.1
    > DTS:X (MA 7.1)
    > LPCM 5.1
    > LPCM 7.1

For troublesome videos,
    you can post a dmesg & catlog/logcat when testing only that video/audio, then it will be easier to report any problems and see what is wrong.

Update: Please use this spreadsheet for testing pass-through and fill in your details:
    https://mega.nz/#!cMlBgSiI!GsVLADwqm...omFxpiqed2Ulbs
    Last edited by mo123; 09-24-2016, 19:13.

Please use the above spreadsheet to share your HD Audio playback feedback.

Comment

Please test pass-through on Ugoos 3.0.7 firmware with this latest Kodi 17.
      Please report your findings and upload your Kodi logs.
      Can still use the spreadsheet in the 1st post for help with test videos if you don't have any.
      TrueHD, DTSHD, Dolby Atmos need testing urgently.

Last edited by mo123; 09-25-2016, 21:47.

Comment

mo123 23

I am now at wassers firmware Marsmallow, quick question.
        Gone try your lollipop rom, because for me the most important thing is smooth audio, music output.
        I have a lot off dropouts even with all kind off apps and diffrend kodi RKMC builds..
        But is it save to just flash it , or shall i back up my old rom first...Never had any problems with flashing new firmware, but maybe because i go back from Marsmallow to Lollipop it could?...
        Then after that, i can i install the kodi 17 from above, or stick with the one already in you rom...For me music playback goes above all the movie things, just the best not interrupted playback..
        I can achieve that true RKMC itself, but i cant access my music directory tree from there...If that would be possible, i would be very happy...Or is the RKMC kodu build almost the same, because from my experience the media center always plays without dropouts...

And yes i will test some audio, true spdif and offcourse my HD audio files with 96khz....By 24bit....Or the 5.1 recordings..

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by scorp76 View Post
          mo123 23

I am now at wassers firmware Marsmallow, quick question.
          Gone try your lollipop rom, because for me the most important thing is smooth audio, music output.
          I have a lot off dropouts even with all kind off apps and diffrend kodi RKMC builds..
          But is it save to just flash it , or shall i back up my old rom first...Never had any problems with flashing new firmware, but maybe because i go back from Marsmallow to Lollipop it could?...
          Then after that, i can i install the kodi 17 from above, or stick with the one already in you rom...For me music playback goes above all the movie things, just the best not interrupted playback..
          I can achieve that true RKMC itself, but i cant access my music directory tree from there...If that would be possible, i would be very happy...Or is the RKMC kodu build almost the same, because from my experience the media center always plays without dropouts...

And yes i will test some audio, true spdif and offcourse my HD audio files with 96khz....By 24bit....Or the 5.1 recordings..

Thanks!
          To go to Lollipop, use 'EraseFlash' in the flash tool then do 'Upgrade' to flash and the same to go to Marshmallow again.
          No need to do backups as you an't brick your device.
          You can have NTMC and Kodi 17 beta above running side by side to test on my HPH NT-V6 firmware v1.7

Comment

Please test pass-through on Ugoos 3.0.7 firmware with this latest Kodi 17.
            Please report your findings and upload your Kodi logs.
            Can still use the spreadsheet in the 1st post for help with test videos if you don't have any.
            TrueHD, DTSHD, Dolby Atmos need testing urgently.

Comment

Can someone test this Kodi?
              This is the latest nightly Kodi and has the pass-through patches merged now. Yippee!
              Can you give logs for this one and share the problems?

I think DTS/AC3 will work on Rockchip devices if it worked in RKMC with latest firmware after June 2016 but the TrueHD, DTSHD might still not work. 

Comment

Did some of the test for you :-)
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Gizmodude View Post
                  Did some of the test for you :-)
                  On what device did you test?

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

On what device did you test?
                    Ugoos UT3S 32Gb with 3.0.7 FW

Comment

Originally posted by Gizmodude View Post

Ugoos UT3S 32Gb with 3.0.7 FW
                      The TrueHD and DTSHD did it play correct and wasn't down-sampled to DTS only perhaps?
                      Did it play the same as in Ugoos Kodi in 3.0.7 firmware with HD Audio pass-through?

Another user told me the nightly Kodi, post 7 only played DTS.
                      Did you test the Kodi in post 1 or post 7, if you tested the one in post 1, please also test the one in post 7.
                      Thanks

Comment

Working...
                      X