Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT3 bricked / IDB bricked ???

Hi to all ,

from one to the other Day my UT3 bricked , i want to start the Box , but it only made a black

Screen , in AT2.39 under "AdvancedFunctions" the IDB read says , IDB Offset : 0 1 2 3 4 , but

the output ends after Sector 3 .

If i want to flash the 2.2.0 always : IDB fails / wait for Loader fails , same with other Roms ,

is there any chance to restore , maybe JTAG , writing the IDB Info back ???

greetings / gefattern
    Last edited by gefattern; 04-29-2018, 05:29.

Originally posted by gefattern View Post
    Hi to all ,

from onre to the other Day my UT3 bricked , i want to start the Box , but it only made a black

Screen , in AT2.39 under "AdvancedFunctions" the IDB read says , IDB Offset : 0 1 2 3 4 , but

the output ends after Sector 3 .

If i want to flash the 2.2.0 always : IDB fails / wait for Loader fails , same with other Roms ,

is there any chance to restore , maybe JTAG , writing the IDB Info back ???

greetings / gefattern
    You can try the MaskROM mode.
    Just short the EMMC pins and it will boot to flash mode bypassing corrupt IDB/bootloader and you can flash again.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

Just short the EMMC pins and it will boot to flash mode bypassing corrupt IDB/bootloader and you can flash again.
      http://ugoos.net/blog/reflashing-in-...device-bricked
      Hi Mo123 ,

i know the MRM Method , but it always ended up in "Download boot failed / prepare IDB fails" and other IDB Errors .

If i try to flash your 1.7KK it says "prepare IDB fails" . Please important to know is , how many Sectors has the IDB ???

4 or 5 , because the Tool only shows to Sector 3 , i really think there is something wrong .

greetings / gefattern

Comment

http://ugoos.net/blog/reflashing-in-...device-bricked
        Hi Mo123 ,

In MRM it always ended up in "download boot fail" (your 1.7KK) and with 1.1... LP it ends in "prepare IDB fails" ,

yesterday "LoaderMode" still was possible , today until now , not once , only MRM .

Sometimes the Test under "AF" in AT2.39 work in MRM and shows 0MB under Flash size , but yesterday in "LM"

it shows the correct 121....MB size , really strange, is it possible that one Sector of the IDB is bricked , like above

discribed ???

nice Day / greetings / gefattern

Ps : any chance for a new Update for RK3368 , still have some small Probs , discribe them later in 3368 .

Comment

Hi Mo123 ,

In MRM it always ended up in "download boot fail" (your 1.7KK) and with 1.1... LP it ends in "prepare IDB fails" ,

yesterday "LoaderMode" still was possible , today until now , not once , only MRM .

Sometimes the Test under "AF" in AT2.39 work in MRM and shows 0MB under Flash size , but yesterday in "LM"

it shows the correct 121....MB size , really strange, is it possible that one Sector of the IDB is bricked , like above

discribed ???

nice Day / greetings / gefattern

Ps : any chance for a new Update for RK3368 , still have some small Probs , discribe them later in 3368 .

You can try EraseFlash before flashing.
          When flashing between KK & LP firmwares without EraseFlash it can also corrupt the IDB.
          Try with AndroidTool v2.35 perhaps instead of v2.39

You can post the RK3368 problems in that ROM thread.

Comment

Hi Mo123 ,

i know the "eraseFlash" Problem , but i even tried this without luck , the Tool even gave

Info over correct IDB state , but the Rom wont flash , since last i did not try anymore ,

first i had to test my new TV , a 55inch Grundig GFB8825 , Equipment runs well ,

maybe in a few hours i go on with testing and report the results , but important to

know for me is how many Sectors gives your RK3288 Box out , if you press the

"readIDB" Button in "LoaderMode" , from 0 to 3 or from 0 to 4 ???

greetings / gefattern

Comment

When flashing between KK & LP firmwares without EraseFlash it can also corrupt the IDB.

Hi to all ,

i tried all this but if i flash it always ended up in "wait for Loader fail" or "IDB" Errors ,

i really must know how many Sectors a not bricked RK3288 Box has , my Box only

shows from 0-3 not as in the first Line shown the must from 0-4 , maybe this is the

reason why it not works ??? The IDB test gives out 49.bin files , but somes

only a IDBLock.bin , now the Memory is back and availible with test , before it often

shows 0MB . Next time i load logs up .

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Hi to all ,

still no better results , always / prepare IDB Fails / Download Boot fails / and similar Errors ,

the Box only reacts in MRM , until now i only could get it into "LoaderMode" twice , that was

yesterday , but after that no more until now . Here are the IDB Logs and export results :

4.zip

I even tried this Tip from Renixo :

but had no luck , the Box does not show on Tv , no input , maybe only a SD Boot works ???

Comment

Hi to all ,

still no better results , always / prepare IDB Fails / Download Boot fails / and similar Errors ,

the Box only reacts in MRM , until now i only could get it into "LoaderMode" twice , that was

yesterday , but after that no more until now . Here are the IDB Logs and export results :

[ATTACH]n703955[/ATTACH]

I even tried this Tip from Renixo :

but had no luck , the Box does not show on Tv , no input , maybe only a SD Boot works ???
                  You can try to enter MasKROM again by shorting the pins and connecting then, not just connecting to a PC.
                  Also use a direct USB port, no USB hubs or laptop USB ports, back PC USB ports only.
                  Disable Power saving mode in Control Panel, Device Manager for the USB Port.
                  Try AndroidTool v2.3.5, maybe uninstall all RockUSB, DriverInstaller v4.5 etc drivers from your PC and try a second USB Port so it installs the drivers from a clean system.
                  Also try one of the other 2 flashing tools if AndroidTool doesn't work like FactoryTool v1.43e or Rockchip Batchtool v1.8
                  Don't have Antivirus or any other software running in the background that can cause it to fail.
                  Make sure there is no micro-sd card in the micro-sd card slot otherwise flashing will fail.

Comment

You can try to enter MasKROM again by shorting the pins and connecting then, not just connecting to a PC.
                    Also use a direct USB port, no USB hubs or laptop USB ports, back PC USB ports only.
                    Disable Power saving mode in Control Panel, Device Manager for the USB Port.
                    Try AndroidTool v2.3.5, maybe uninstall all RockUSB, DriverInstaller v4.5 etc drivers from your PC and try a second USB Port so it installs the drivers from a clean system.
                    Also try one of the other 2 flashing tools if AndroidTool doesn't work like FactoryTool v1.43e or Rockchip Batchtool v1.8
                    Don't have Antivirus or any other software running in the background that can cause it to fail.
                    Make sure there is no micro-sd card in the micro-sd card slot otherwise flashing will fail.
                    Hi Mo123 ,

thanks for your Input , i already tried most of your Tips , my PC is offline , no AV

installed . Please can you look on your RK3288 Box how many Sectors are given

out if you press in AT2.35 under "AdvancedFunction" "read IDB" .

My Tool always gave it out like above discribed , only from 0-3 , but i think it must

be from 0-4 , so total 5 blocks , not 4 blocks , as on my Box .

But until now i dont give up , go on with testing later .

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Hi Mo123 ,

here are two Pictures of the wrong IDB Sectors :

look the last Sector is 3 not like the "Offset" says 4 . I think the last

Sector is bricked , i think that is the reason why it ends in "fails" .

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Hi Mo123 ,

did you see my last Post , can you confirm that a IDB has a Offset from 0-4

and not like my Box from 0-3 , do i need a "uboot.img" to solve this ???

Maybe i need a USB to UART to solve it ???

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Hi ,

after a long time of doing nothing , few days ago i found on the PCB one small

golden plate , above in small letters "Reset" , did not tried it until now , i only hope

that it will help to restore , report , after i have tested ,

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Hi to all ,

did not help and the Hint to short Pin 5&6 directly on the Nand ended up in the same results ,

maybe i need the first Firmware of the Box , have to contact Ugoos .

What about UART to USB , will this help , maybe to fix or load a new

bootloader ??? hope i will get it , UT3 is still a good Box , press thumbs , later i upload the Log

files i made with all my tries .

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Hi again ,

still the same , even with the new 7.1.2 , did not tried all different Flashtools but i think this will make no

difference . I already wanted to upload the Logs of all my last tries , here they are : Logs.zip

Hope Victor from Ugoos or someone else can give me the right Solution to restore , i found Info over the

different "boot" options , so there must be a Way to restore with UART or with LINUX , but i do not really

know how . Still full of hope to restore .

greetings / gefattern
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by gefattern; 04-28-2018, 18:12.

Comment

Working...
                              X