• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gefattern View Post
    Hi again ,
    greetings / gefattern
    Hi gefattern.
    Try to create micro sd card with linux, start box from microsd, and in linux try to format nand. This is instruction(in russian):
    http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showt...ost&p=51542622

Several peoples unbrick their box by this instruction

Comment

Is this the location for Uart closet i could see
      (layout please)may have a look see if possible.

Click image for larger version

Name:	uart.jpg
Views:	651
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	722836
      Attached Files
      treboR
      Please consider
      Donating to Freaktab

Comment

• gefattern
        gefattern commented
        Editing a comment
        Originally posted by RISCy Dude View Post
        Ugoos UT3 UART connections

No UART power connection needed, just the three contacts shown here...

UgoosUT3_UART.png

Connections on my box...sloppy. :-)
        MyUART-1.jpg
        MyUART-2.jpg
        Hi ,

thanks for sharing this , but i am a little confused is the Box connected to PC with USB and Putty ???

what is this small silver plate on your leg ??? self build , if i post a Bay Link with a UART , can you confirm

that it is the one i need for this ??? Schall link one later , but in my "UT3 bricked" Thread , looks like Victor

wants to hold this Thread clean , with other disscussions . Maybe we can copy your UART post too , i shall

try the SD Way later , first must load the LInux .

greetings / gefattern

• RISCy Dude
        RISCy Dude commented
        Editing a comment
        Hello, The thing shown on my leg is actually black, it is just a connector from an old PC audio cable. That connector is connected to a USB-to-serial adapter, the adapter's USB is plugged to a PC, using Putty.

The serial adapter I use was for the Geekbox, but I don't t see it listed now. I think most would work, but without experience on others, I can't make a recommendation.

I did this a long time ago and my memory is rusty on the procedure. I had all of it referenced, but lost much after a drive failure. I will look for what info I have when I get to the cave.

But yes, we can move to your "Bricked" thread for discussion.
        ​​​​​​
        ​​​​​

• gefattern
        gefattern commented
        Editing a comment
        maybe in a few Days i can try my restore , good luck , yes i can , or u , can copy them to there ,

think from post #39 to now , greetings / gefattern

Originally posted by digitalriver View Post

Hi gefattern.
      Try to create micro sd card with linux, start box from microsd, and in linux try to format nand. This is instruction(in russian):
      http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showt...ost&p=51542622

Several peoples unbrick their box by this instruction
      Hi ,

you too ??? , i can not understand russian and big Gs translation are most really stupid ,

my Box gives no output to Screen , it bricked while using , since then this state , shall

Linux really start ???

hope i can get i to work because i am no Linux Freak , and what Linux shall i use ???

but i dont need Linux on Pc ??? i only have Ubuntu Roms 12.4 / .10 .... 64bit and not

really can handle them .

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Hello, I cannot speak to your specific UT3. I have a bricked UT3, it has resisted many restoration attempts, but it will still boot Ugoos Ubuntu from SD card, without issue.
        If the UT3 cannot get boot from NAND, it will look elsewhere, if it finds the card, it will boot from there.

You can use Ugoos Ubuntu.

I have not tried the method linked by digitalriver, but I will at some point.
        I will try to unbrick mine again, just don't know when.

Comment

Hmmmm forgot about sd maybe time to try 7 on that too.... be interested in knowing flash to linux did this for some as I had biach of time getting the rkm back from linux. Basically had to format in linux to windows base format but rkm running better then ever so I waiting to play on few coming for testing this new 7. Rather break theirs then mine lol....
          Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
            Hmmmm forgot about sd maybe time to try 7 on that too.... be interested in knowing flash to linux did this for some as I had biach of time getting the rkm back from linux. Basically had to format in linux to windows base format but rkm running better then ever so I waiting to play on few coming for testing this new 7. Rather break theirs then mine lol....
            Hi to all ,

did not work the Way of 4PDA , even tried it with the new 7 Rom , nothing ,

but dont give up so fast go on with trying , it must be possible ,

downloaded a "SDBoot.img" for RK3288 , but how to use ???

greetings / gefattern

Comment

did not work the Way of 4PDAn
              What exactly did not work? Are you create microsd card with linux? RISCy Dudegived you correct link to ugoos linux. If you dont have work from console, you might install gparted. Im tryed three years ago, all works. This is my post with screenshot with ugoos linux and installed gparted:

Or can you try create microsd with android? Can you try another bootloaders? Are you sure about your other equipment(power supply, hdmi cable etc). By the way, in last ugoos firmware uart enabled.

Comment

What exactly did not work? Are you create microsd card with linux? RISCy Dudegived you correct link to ugoos linux. If you dont have work from console, you might install gparted. Im tryed three years ago, all works. This is my post with screenshot with ugoos linux and installed gparted:

Or can you try create microsd with android? Can you try another bootloaders? Are you sure about your other equipment(power supply, hdmi cable etc). By the way, in last ugoos firmware uart enabled.
                Hi ,

here what i did :

first i tried to boot from SD with the latest UT3 A7Rom , created with the only SD Firmware Tool for RK i have ,

Version 1.46 / SDBoot 2.12 ,

after that i first flashed the on 4PDA suggested "Bootloader 2.17" after that i used Win32Disk... to create the

SDCard with the Linux from Ugoos , after connecting to TV and HDMI , i put in the Power , nothing happend ,

still the same , no boot or even Blackscreen , only "noSignal" from TV .

I still have the "Bootloader 2.19" that i can test and i have found a RK3288 "SDboot.img" that i can try , but not

sure how to use it ???

greetings / gefattern

Comment

only "noSignal" from TV .
                  I dont have more idea Are you try with another tv? Are you try with analog video output? If you see nothing - its immpossible something doing, i think.

Comment

I dont have more idea Are you try with another tv? Are you try with analog video output? If you see nothing - its immpossible something doing, i think.
                    Hi ,

that is the Problem , we are only "Stock" Users , no Devs , really dont know what i can do now ,

really dont want to throw it away , found some other older "Bootloaders" , shall try them too ,

i report what happens ,

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Hi again ,

the 4PDA way does not work with all the "uboot.bin" that i could found , but it must work ,

i found a Video on YT , where a Indonesian Guy ??? restored a RK312A Box with the same

"download IDB fails" Bug , i got . He used a Tool call "rkcvl Tool" or similar , but does this

Tool exist for RK3288 ??? i dont know , shall ask big G .

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Are you need more loaders? I have it:
                        MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

About «rkcvl Tool» - I dont know anything. Might be this
                        Last edited by digitalriver; 05-04-2018, 18:49.

Comment

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

About «rkcvl Tool» - I dont know anything
                          Hi ,

maybe good News , i found online "Rockchip Development Tool 1.7" and other helpful Tools , report

if i know more , of course i test the suggested "Loaders" too ,

greetings / gefattern

Comment

About «rkcvl Tool» - I dont know anything. Might be this
                            Hi again ,

first here are some useful RK Links :

and the Video with restore (download boot fails) can be found on YT with a search for :

"How To Fix Error Download IDB Fail" from User : Hung Thoung Camera ,

now my first results with the "Rockchip Development Tool 1.7" , to get it , only search

with Tool Name on big G .

I was able to connect the Box in MRM to the Tool , then i loaded Loader 2.17 , after that

i pressed "Get Bad Block Status" an the Tool gave out : 1843 i think , rows of CS0 and

they all where filled with "G" letter , after that i tried both "erase" Options but the Tool

only gave out the "missmatch" Error , no Device connected .

I try the Bootloaders you uploaded and report what happend , but for what can i use

the downloaded SDboot.img ???

flashing to Box or what ??? or put on SD with burned Rom ???

greetings / gefattern
                            Last edited by gefattern; 05-05-2018, 16:50.

Comment

Hi ,

once more , i found that "rkvcl Tool" but it is a "PanBaidu" Account , can not download , sh......

greetings / gefattern

Comment

• trebor
                                trebor commented
                                Editing a comment
                                What's the Link PanBaidu will give it a go...
                            Working...
                            X