UT3 bricked / IDB bricked ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

If someone can make an imgc file from Ugoos Linux single boot perhaps, we can try to run it from a micro-sd card and erase emmc perhaps to revive it.
    Or I can try from a working device to make a backup, but someone must give instructions how to make a backup imgc file with HDDRawCopy.
    Hi Mo123 & all others ,

i do not know how , but the Ugoos Linux .img , that i made with HDDRC , booted after 4-5 times of trying ,

even the Storage is like it must 12.7GB of 15.2GB free , but means that i now can use the Flashtool again

and flash the latest Rom ??? , i do not know ??? ,

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Originally posted by gefattern View Post

Hi Mo123 & all others ,

i do not know how , but the Ugoos Linux .img , that i made with HDDRC , booted after 4-5 times of trying ,

even the Storage is like it must 12.7GB of 15.2GB free , but means that i now can use the Flashtool again

and flash the latest Rom ??? , i do not know ??? ,

greetings / gefattern
      HI

Can you give instructions what Linux image you used, how to make it and how to get it booting?
      Then I can try something later today and see if AndroidTool can flash normal firmware again perhaps.

Thanks

Comment

HI

Can you give instructions what Linux image you used, how to make it and how to get it booting?
        Then I can try something later today and see if AndroidTool can flash normal firmware again perhaps.

Thanks
        Hi Mo123 ,

i took the stock Xubuntu File that can be downloaded from Ugoos , made a SDCard with HDDRC ,

pluged in the SD and then Power , first 3-4 Times only typical Linux Bootscreen poped up and

disapeared after seconds , twice this happend , while one boot try , after that only Blackscreen ,

but with the latest try , it booted within seconds .

Do you really believe that it now is possible to flash again ???

hope you get it , good luck , please report your results ,

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Originally posted by gefattern View Post

Hi Mo123 ,

i took the stock Xubuntu File that can be downloaded from Ugoos , made a SDCard with HDDRC ,

pluged in the SD and then Power , first 3-4 Times only typical Linux Bootscreen poped up and

disapeared after seconds , twice this happend , while one boot try , after that only Blackscreen ,

but with the latest try , it booted within seconds .

Do you really believe that it now is possible to flash again ???

hope you get it , good luck , please report your results ,

greetings / gefattern
          This one?
          And the ut3 image or the older Xubuntu one?
          ​​I just want to try exact one.
          Maybe that's why I couldn't boot before because I didn't try multiple times or not flashed with HDDRawCopy.

I remember how I bricked my device.
          I flashed Ugoos LibreELEC image that didn't work then unpacked it and flashed individual images.
          I see if you load LE image it says for device id RK3202A not RK32 like all other firmwares.

Comment

This one?
            And the ut3 image or the older Xubuntu one?
            ​​I just want to try exact one.
            Maybe that's why I couldn't boot before because I didn't try multiple times or not flashed with HDDRawCopy.

I remember how I bricked my device.
            I flashed Ugoos LibreELEC image that didn't work then unpacked it and flashed individual images.
            I see if you load LE image it says for device id RK3202A not RK32 like all other firmwares.
            Hi Mo123 ,

i took the Xubuntu 0.3.1 image , the Version before , i think i downloaded it from the

Downloadcenter on UgoosPage , shall try (in a few minutes) to flash my UT3 with a

Flashtool on PC , think i gone try the 307 , press thumbs ,

my Box bricked while using , pow , Blackscreen reboot , all okay , but later again once

more and it was bricked , good luck ,

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Hi to all ,

after a Year of trying again & again , i am at the state to destroy the UT3 PCB ,

really tried all the things , that i as no Pro can do , to restore my Box , but it was

not possible even the "DDRTestTool" delivered no good results , i am only able

to boot from SD , a UM3/4GB Rom made with "HDDRawCopy" , i really want to

know how they made it ??? , all i tried with this Tool failed ,

but how can a Rom from SD work with the PCB , but i am not able to flash any

correct Rom to it ??? , so all Chips must work good ,

The only chance to use my UT3 further is a backup Rom made with HDDRC Tool ,

with a new Rom like 7.1 or 8.1 this Boxes can still be very fast , nearly like RK3399 ,

if anyone can make a backup with HDDRC from a RK3288 Rom 2/16GB as imgc.file ,

i could still use my UT3 from SDcard and it must not be destroyed , i hope ,

greetings / gefattern

Comment

• trebor
                trebor commented
                Editing a comment
                Sometimes it's just good to let go,

My UT3 is in the same boat. Cannot write to eMMC. Bad chip, poor solder joint(s), whatever it is, won't take firmware. If I am not mistaken, the eMMC is not needed to run from a card. If eMMC is damaged, boot strategy looks elsewhere.

Other than a Linux from SD, my UT3 is out. My UT3+ had its HDMI port damaged by lightning strike, so it too is out. For the first time in years, I am Ugooless.

Comment

Originally posted by RISCy Dude View Post
                My UT3 is in the same boat. Cannot write to eMMC. Bad chip, poor solder joint(s), whatever it is, won't take firmware. If I am not mistaken, the eMMC is not needed to run from a card. If eMMC is damaged, boot strategy looks elsewhere.

Other than a Linux from SD, my UT3 is out. My UT3+ had its HDMI port damaged by lightning strike, so it too is out. For the first time in years, I am Ugooless.
                Wow, a ghost from the past. Haven't seen you around lately???
                MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

• RISCy Dude
                  RISCy Dude commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I have always been here, lurking in the shadows. :-)
                  But yeah, box wise I am a little short for new material. I will look into changing that.
                  I noticed ya didn't say ya missed me. LOL

• trebor
                  trebor commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Cold weather has kept in under wrapps
                  The only reason I missed you was that you dodged out of the way

• RISCy Dude
                  RISCy Dude commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I don't care for the cold, that's true.
                  As to the dodging out of the way, practice makes perfect,.....works for throwing too. :-)

Hi ,

not sure if the eMMC is damaged , if i make read Chip&Flash Test with AT the Storage

is always shown correct , today i made with AT2.61 , in LoaderMode , from UT3 & UT4

a Dev.Partion log , diffrence looks like this .

UT3

No LBA Size

02 trust not exist / Tool shows here "misc" row

04 0*0000e000 0*00008000 kernel

07 0*00036000 0*0001a000 backup

UT4

No LBA Size

02 0*00004000 0*00002000 trust

04 is here the "resource" row

07 is for "recovery"

first i thought the "letters" are bugs , but it looks like that is normal , because in UT4 are

letters too , but i am no Dev, to say that this rows look good , later i upload the Pictures ,

have a nice Day / gefattern

Comment

My UT3 boots straight to MASKROM mode. I grew tired of fooling with it, at least for now. Once it appeared to take a flash, tool said it was successful, no change in the UT3 after that flash.

As a challenge, I might put more time in to it, but for now, its job is too easily replaced for me to justify the time.
                  Same for the UT3+, I may attempt to repair the HDMI circuit one day.

My hope is a future 3399 will take the place of my affection for the UT3(+).

Comment

My hope is to get LibreELEC running on this device.
                    I already got it to boot to the logo but then it gets stuck.
                    But I will probably need some help from Ugoos or elsewhere to boot further.
                    There is already a LibreELEC image but it's ancient and full of bugs and not compatible with latest LE code or kernels.
                    The CPU is a lot more powerful than RK3328 or S905x, so 1080p Netflix, Amazon Prime Video might be possible.
                    It might breath some new life in these old RK3288 devices.

Comment

My UT3 boots straight to MASKROM mode. I grew tired of fooling with it, at least for now. Once it appeared to take a flash, tool said it was successful, no change in the UT3 after that flash.

As a challenge, I might put more time in to it, but for now, its job is too easily replaced for me to justify the time.
                      Same for the UT3+, I may attempt to repair the HDMI circuit one day.

My hope is a future 3399 will take the place of my affection for the UT3(+).

Hi ,

i had this too with MRM , but always if i used the KK Rom 2.2.0 and tried to flash ,

it always ended up the same , but after that the "LoaderMode" worked again , i

only use Boxes for Gaming & Surfing , dont have fast Internet , only with Simcard ,

so it could be still a good Box for me , but i think it will end in the TRASH because

a restore is not possible , a Wonder must happen , 1 Year brick is enough ,

i already have a X99/RK3399 but same here , we need more Rom support ,

greetings / gefattern

Comment

My hope is to get LibreELEC running on this device.
                        I already got it to boot to the logo but then it gets stuck.
                        But I will probably need some help from Ugoos or elsewhere to boot further.
                        There is already a LibreELEC image but it's ancient and full of bugs and not compatible with latest LE code or kernels.
                        The CPU is a lot more powerful than RK3328 or S905x, so 1080p Netflix, Amazon Prime Video might be possible.
                        It might breath some new life in these old RK3288 devices.
                        Hi ,

are you still in contact with Ugoos ??? is this Company still alive ??? ,

the support here was & is still so bad , really dont know why we still

have the "Ugoos" Section , the few Threads can be moved to stock

RK Section & Ugoos can be deleted , Ugoos support is ike ZERO ,

really frustrating ,

greetings / gefattern

Comment

My hope is to get LibreELEC running on this device......
                          That would be good, hope you are successful.

Comment

gefattern
                            I doubt I will dispose of my UT3 or UT3+ anytime soon, maybe hopeless, but I am an optimist. However I am a pragmatic optimist, so my hope is seriously limited for my UT3(+).

Comment

Working...
                            X