X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• digitalriver
    replied
    Are you need more loaders? I have it:
    MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

About «rkcvl Tool» - I dont know anything. Might be this
    Last edited by digitalriver; 05-04-2018, 18:49.

Leave a comment:

• gefattern
    replied
    Originally posted by digitalriver View Post
    I dont have more idea Are you try with another tv? Are you try with analog video output? If you see nothing - its immpossible something doing, i think.
    Hi again ,

the 4PDA way does not work with all the "uboot.bin" that i could found , but it must work ,

i found a Video on YT , where a Indonesian Guy ??? restored a RK312A Box with the same

"download IDB fails" Bug , i got . He used a Tool call "rkcvl Tool" or similar , but does this

Tool exist for RK3288 ??? i dont know , shall ask big G .

greetings / gefattern

Leave a comment:

• gefattern
    replied
    I dont have more idea Are you try with another tv? Are you try with analog video output? If you see nothing - its immpossible something doing, i think.
    Hi ,

that is the Problem , we are only "Stock" Users , no Devs , really dont know what i can do now ,

really dont want to throw it away , found some other older "Bootloaders" , shall try them too ,

i report what happens ,

greetings / gefattern

Leave a comment:

• digitalriver
    replied
    Originally posted by gefattern View Post
    only "noSignal" from TV .

Leave a comment:

• gefattern
    replied

What exactly did not work? Are you create microsd card with linux? RISCy Dudegived you correct link to ugoos linux. If you dont have work from console, you might install gparted. Im tryed three years ago, all works. This is my post with screenshot with ugoos linux and installed gparted:

Or can you try create microsd with android? Can you try another bootloaders? Are you sure about your other equipment(power supply, hdmi cable etc). By the way, in last ugoos firmware uart enabled.
    Hi ,

here what i did :

first i tried to boot from SD with the latest UT3 A7Rom , created with the only SD Firmware Tool for RK i have ,

Version 1.46 / SDBoot 2.12 ,

after that i first flashed the on 4PDA suggested "Bootloader 2.17" after that i used Win32Disk... to create the

SDCard with the Linux from Ugoos , after connecting to TV and HDMI , i put in the Power , nothing happend ,

still the same , no boot or even Blackscreen , only "noSignal" from TV .

I still have the "Bootloader 2.19" that i can test and i have found a RK3288 "SDboot.img" that i can try , but not

sure how to use it ???

greetings / gefattern

Leave a comment:

• digitalriver
    replied
    Originally posted by gefattern View Post
    did not work the Way of 4PDAn
    What exactly did not work? Are you create microsd card with linux? RISCy Dudegived you correct link to ugoos linux. If you dont have work from console, you might install gparted. Im tryed three years ago, all works. This is my post with screenshot with ugoos linux and installed gparted:

Or can you try create microsd with android? Can you try another bootloaders? Are you sure about your other equipment(power supply, hdmi cable etc). By the way, in last ugoos firmware uart enabled.

Leave a comment:

• gefattern
    replied
    Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
    Hmmmm forgot about sd maybe time to try 7 on that too.... be interested in knowing flash to linux did this for some as I had biach of time getting the rkm back from linux. Basically had to format in linux to windows base format but rkm running better then ever so I waiting to play on few coming for testing this new 7. Rather break theirs then mine lol....
    Hi to all ,

did not work the Way of 4PDA , even tried it with the new 7 Rom , nothing ,

but dont give up so fast go on with trying , it must be possible ,

downloaded a "SDBoot.img" for RK3288 , but how to use ???

greetings / gefattern

Leave a comment:

• gefattern
    commented on 's reply
    maybe in a few Days i can try my restore , good luck , yes i can , or u , can copy them to there ,

think from post #39 to now , greetings / gefattern

• RISCy Dude
    commented on 's reply
    Hello, The thing shown on my leg is actually black, it is just a connector from an old PC audio cable. That connector is connected to a USB-to-serial adapter, the adapter's USB is plugged to a PC, using Putty.

The serial adapter I use was for the Geekbox, but I don't t see it listed now. I think most would work, but without experience on others, I can't make a recommendation.

I did this a long time ago and my memory is rusty on the procedure. I had all of it referenced, but lost much after a drive failure. I will look for what info I have when I get to the cave.

But yes, we can move to your "Bricked" thread for discussion.
    ​​​​​​
    ​​​​​

• gefattern
    commented on 's reply
    Originally posted by RISCy Dude View Post
    Ugoos UT3 UART connections

No UART power connection needed, just the three contacts shown here...

Click image for larger version Name:	UgoosUT3_UART.png Views:	1 Size:	194.6 KB ID:	722859

Connections on my box...sloppy. :-)
    Click image for larger version

Name:	MyUART-1.jpg
Views:	632
Size:	143.1 KB
ID:	722864

Name:	MyUART-2.jpg
Views:	622
Size:	149.8 KB
ID:	722865
    Hi ,

thanks for sharing this , but i am a little confused is the Box connected to PC with USB and Putty ???

what is this small silver plate on your leg ??? self build , if i post a Bay Link with a UART , can you confirm

that it is the one i need for this ??? Schall link one later , but in my "UT3 bricked" Thread , looks like Victor

wants to hold this Thread clean , with other disscussions . Maybe we can copy your UART post too , i shall

try the SD Way later , first must load the LInux .

greetings / gefattern

• RISCy Dude
    commented on 's reply
    See here for UART connections. http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...858#post722858

• RISCy Dude
    commented on 's reply
    See here for UART connections. http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...858#post722858

• RISCy Dude
    commented on 's reply
    Ugoos UT3 UART connections

No UART power connection needed, just the three contacts shown here...

Click image for larger version  Name:	UgoosUT3_UART.png Views:	1 Size:	194.6 KB ID:	722859

Connections on my box...sloppy. :-)

Name:	MyUART-1.jpg
Views:	632
Size:	143.1 KB
ID:	722864

Name:	MyUART-2.jpg
Views:	622
Size:	149.8 KB
ID:	722865
    Attached Files

• scooter2014
    replied
    Hmmmm forgot about sd maybe time to try 7 on that too.... be interested in knowing flash to linux did this for some as I had biach of time getting the rkm back from linux. Basically had to format in linux to windows base format but rkm running better then ever so I waiting to play on few coming for testing this new 7. Rather break theirs then mine lol....

Leave a comment:

• RISCy Dude
    replied
    Hello, I cannot speak to your specific UT3. I have a bricked UT3, it has resisted many restoration attempts, but it will still boot Ugoos Ubuntu from SD card, without issue.
    If the UT3 cannot get boot from NAND, it will look elsewhere, if it finds the card, it will boot from there.

You can use Ugoos Ubuntu.

I have not tried the method linked by digitalriver, but I will at some point.
    I will try to unbrick mine again, just don't know when.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X