Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am currently using RK3368 TV Box, and looking forward to trying a Amlogic s812 tv box.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am currently using RK3368 TV Box, and looking forward to trying a Amlogic s812 tv box.

MX4 telos Tronfy is on order and anyone suggest from which aspects can i make a comparison between the 2 boxes,? currently I found that some apps does not work smoonthly with RK3368, and hope Amlogix will help solve the problem.

Originally posted by Kimer View Post
    MX4 telos Tronfy is on order and anyone suggest from which aspects can i make a comparison between the 2 boxes,? currently I found that some apps does not work smoonthly with RK3368, and hope Amlogix will help solve the problem.
    I wouldn't jump to too many conclusions based on the first version of the software. Most manufacturers seem to releasing their first update. Try that and see if it's better.

Comment

You will best be able to make comparisons when your S812 arrives.
      R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

I agree wlth comphelp, I at the some time also cannot decide on the 2 boxes, running Amlogics812 and RK3368 as well , RK3368 climed to be octa-core, does it really make so much sense? http://www.tinydeal.com/tronfy-px304dz-p-154403.html http://www.geekbuying.com/item/Trons...-0-348376.html

Comment

Looking at relative Antutu video test results, the S812 plays every one of the 30 tests flawlessly.

The RK3368 at present fails on quite a few.

Precisely how this converts to real world usage in the various apps is another thing but from all the reviews that I have seen it does seem that for video playing across the board, the S812 trounces the RK3368 right now although perhaps that is not too surprising bearing in mind that the GPU on the RK3368 is the bottom of the range of it's particular series.

Where the RK3368 may likely perform better is where apps run best utilising the CPU, which will essentially be 4x2Ghz vs 8x1.2Ghz.

I'm not so sure that there will be too many apps around that will need to push the CPU hard.
          R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post
            Looking at relative Antutu video test results, the S812 plays every one of the 30 tests flawlessly.

The RK3368 at present fails on quite a few.

Precisely how this converts to real world usage in the various apps is another thing but from all the reviews that I have seen it does seem that for video playing across the board, the S812 trounces the RK3368 right now although perhaps that is not too surprising bearing in mind that the GPU on the RK3368 is the bottom of the range of it's particular series.

Where the RK3368 may likely perform better is where apps run best utilising the CPU, which will essentially be 4x2Ghz vs 8x1.2Ghz.

I'm not so sure that there will be too many apps around that will need to push the CPU hard.
            Thanks , i will use the box for video streaming, so I will go for Tronfy mx4 telos, be waiting to see how it wokrs.

Comment

It is quite strange, but I purchased a Minix X8-H Plus about 3 weeks before I received my Orion R86, but I have not used it since I got the R86. That Minix cost me more that 3 times what I paid for the R86, but everything works so good with the R86 (except HDMI Passthru from Kodi) I just keep using it. I personally think the video quality is just as good as any of my other Android boxes. I have made 3 or 4 videos with this box, since I am so pleased with it.

Here is my last video if anyone is interested in watching it.

I hear a lot of complaints that these inexpensive Android TV boxes are not very good. I just wanted to demonstrate what these boxes can do. I am using my n...

MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
                It is quite strange, but I purchased a Minix X8-H Plus about 3 weeks before I received my Orion R86, but I have not used it since I got the R86. That Minix cost me more that 3 times what I paid for the R86, but everything works so good with the R86 (except HDMI Passthru from Kodi) I just keep using it. I personally think the video quality is just as good as any of my other Android boxes. I have made 3 or 4 videos with this box, since I am so pleased with it.

I hear a lot of complaints that these inexpensive Android TV boxes are not very good. I just wanted to demonstrate what these boxes can do. I am using my n...
                WHy u bay minix?

Comment

Originally posted by bajann View Post
                  WHy u bay minix?
                  That is a very good question, I had read that they had the best product and good support. As it worked out, I should have not spent so much $$ on an Android box. I would assume that some other less expensive Amlogic S812 boxes would work just as good.
                  MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post

Finally I decided on Amlogic s812, I was much influenced by the youtube review, looks like a decent tv box and looking forward to see how it works. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQWnfHJrjPM

Comment

Working...
                    X