Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Tutorial] Easy root method for Lollipop RK3368 Players (no iRoot)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pepvk0 View Post

In stead of "Found one LOADER device" it says "Found one ADB device" . And consequently doesn't work, I get error message "Match device type failed, stop running"

How do I get it to see a LOADER device?

edit: running win10. In device driver list it shows as "Android Device > Android Composite ADB Interface" and as " Unknown > D:" & "Unknown > MTP USB Device".
    Tried running RK_DriverAssistant. It does uninstall the win10 drivers, but doesn't install anything itself. Rockusb_Driver_3.5 has no win10 available. I tried 7-x64 and 8-x64 to no avail thus far; should I try to replace the "Android ADB Interface" or the "MTP USB Device" with the Rockusb_Driver?
    First connect box to pc with otg cable, then press reset button on your tv box and while keep pressing reset button apply power to tv box. Everything should be ok

Comment

A little question:
      Was someone able to flash TWRP on Zidoo X6 Pro successfully ?
      If yes, which version with which procedure/tools?

Thanks in advance
      Last edited by PacoRabanne; 02-06-2016, 10:42. Reason: Grammatically incorrect...

Comment

Originally posted by dincis1 View Post
        First connect box to pc with otg cable, then press reset button on your tv box and while keep pressing reset button apply power to tv box. Everything should be ok
        Thanks a lot. Forgot about the reset (/volume) button trick, been a while since I flashed my iFive X2 tab. Mine (RK8, brand unknown) actually powers up through the usb lead (usb-a male to usb-a male), no need for dc adapter to start up. But it did start up as a LOADER device. Flashed the TWRP to it and now it starts up in TWRP if I use the toothpick (took some googling to find out the button was behind the 3,5mm jack).

But when I try to install the SuperSU binaries in TWRP it gives me back lots of errors about not being able to find/recreate/mount various partitions. When it's done it says succesfull, but it doesn't seem to be; no root access. I would post the log file but I can not mount the external SD. When I go into the "mount" menu, all I can mount is USB Storage; no cache, no data, no system, no internal SD, no external SD.

Comment

Originally posted by pepvk0 View Post

Thanks a lot. Forgot about the reset (/volume) button trick, been a while since I flashed my iFive X2 tab. Mine (RK8, brand unknown) actually powers up through the usb lead (usb-a male to usb-a male), no need for dc adapter to start up. But it did start up as a LOADER device. Flashed the TWRP to it and now it starts up in TWRP if I use the toothpick (took some googling to find out the button was behind the 3,5mm jack).

But when I try to install the SuperSU binaries in TWRP it gives me back lots of errors about not being able to find/recreate/mount various partitions. When it's done it says succesfull, but it doesn't seem to be; no root access. I would post the log file but I can not mount the external SD. When I go into the "mount" menu, all I can mount is USB Storage; no cache, no data, no system, no internal SD, no external SD.
          You have to try different twrp..try google twrp for rk3368, either twrp r68, or twrp csa90 . Then you can flash recovery seperetly with android tool 2.35

Comment

I have a Beelink i68 on 205L and I successfully flashed Abduls TWRP on it using the instruction in post #1.

Comment

Originally posted by solo7777 View Post
              I have a Beelink i68 on 205L and I successfully flashed Abduls TWRP on it using the instruction in post #1.

​hi solo7777 maybe you can help me, I own a i68 and I also have tried the instructions in post 1. I have tried with all 3 recovery images listed in post 1. All of them are flashed with OK results. But I am not able to get my box into recovery mode. No matter how I try to do it, the box always starts into flash mode. I have used apps that start into recovery mode and I have also used the hardware method pressing power on first and then holding the reset button. And these methods all several times, and all with the same results. It looks to me like the box cannot enter recovery mode. Or I am doing it the wrong way.

Any help will be much appreciated, TIA.

Comment

Originally posted by VonHesdin View Post

​hi solo7777 maybe you can help me, I own a i68 and I also have tried the instructions in post 1. I have tried with all 3 recovery images listed in post 1. All of them are flashed with OK results. But I am not able to get my box into recovery mode. No matter how I try to do it, the box always starts into flash mode. I have used apps that start into recovery mode and I have also used the hardware method pressing power on first and then holding the reset button. And these methods all several times, and all with the same results. It looks to me like the box cannot enter recovery mode. Or I am doing it the wrong way.

Any help will be much appreciated, TIA.

I got it using this firmware: http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...plant-your-rom

It includes TWRP and installs it on first run, and from then on all seems OK, now I can enter recovery as expected...

Comment

hello androidgadget11,
                  My tv box is I71S second generation, also RK3368 chip , and now I have to extract recovery partition, you compile R68 brush into the TWRP, does not work, please help me, help me adaptation under TWRP, can it ? Thank you!Android Tool Release v2.35 extract partition I uploaded to the network disk https://yunpan.cn/cxCmneaVVAyW9 password: 1e62

Comment

Please help with my error. Device - RK8.
                    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Hi guys dumb question but I can't find any info how do you connect the box to PC I have a sumvision x8 which is rockchip 3368 with powerVR G6110, and I would like to root it, but I'm not worried about a custom rom, I also have an mxq and with that I just had to put the twrp recovery image on an external SD there was no need to flash and stock recovery stayed in tact, is that not possible on this ?
                      Any advise would be very appreciated thanks in advance.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Comment

It´s easy...just connect using a usb cable male to male or a male to OTG cable...first install the drivers before...

You can have a look here..

http://ugoos.net/blog/rockchip-firmw...flashing-guide

P.D.:
                        I hope this helps you..

Comment

Originally posted by WAIKIKI728 View Post
                          It´s easy...just connect using a usb cable male to male or a male to OTG cable...first install the drivers before...

You can have a look here..

http://ugoos.net/blog/rockchip-firmw...flashing-guide

P.D.:
                          I hope this helps you..
                          Thanks mate appreciated, is there no way to root with PC ?
                          P.s is the little CD rom disk that came in the box the drivers ?
                          Thanks for your help, I'm new to this box my mxq was so simple to root I just flashed a zip through the updater in settings.

Comment

With this method and as much as i know you need a pc to do it...or maybe you can give a trying using this tool Onkeyroot that mo123 has posted for another android tv...

P.D.:
                            Just one thing ...if you root you will not have OTA UPDATES...if you don´t mind...let´s try...i guess you will loose nothing...

Comment

Originally posted by WAIKIKI728 View Post
                              With this method and as much as i know you need a pc to do it...or maybe you can give a trying using this tool Onkeyroot that mo123 has posted for another android tv...

P.D.:
                              Just one thing ...if you root you will not have OTA UPDATES...if you don´t mind...let´s try...i guess you will loose nothing...
                              To be fair after a couple of days playing with it I don't mind the box without it but. If like to get rid of the ads they are annoying lol, I don't think it needs much tweaking as its blazing fast anyway, the only thing I'm really disappointed with is the immersive navbar and status bar I can't for the life of me pull down the notification draw it instantly closes.

Comment

I tried to flast provide TWRP on my Z4 and followed instructions but after update success in tool i am not getting recovery updated on Z4. does anyone got success on Z4

Comment

Working...
                                X