Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RK3399 could be the next Rockchip’s SoC featuring octa-core ARM Cortex A72 and A53

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RK3399 could be the next Rockchip’s SoC featuring octa-core ARM Cortex A72 and A53

So, it looks like the next generation of Rockchip SoCs will be the RK3399. Octacore A72-A53 big.LITTLE

More info: http://www.elezine.com/2015/12/rk339...ortex-a72-a53/
    Android TV Box direct from China. English & Español

Rockchip has been a big disappointment to me for all of their SoC's, they NEVER get anything to work flawlessly. They always get about 95% complete then abandon it. Doubt if anything will change with their new SoC.
    MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

hmm.. amlogic also made a few bad batch's or descripions that the chip never could do
      I like rockchip, its like AMD early days.. lots of horse power (something amlogic seems to lack)

Well..time will tell, what this chip brings

Cheers, and happy hollydays

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell4you View Post
        hmm.. amlogic also made a few bad batch's or descripions that the chip never could do
        I like rockchip, its like AMD early days.. lots of horse power (something amlogic seems to lack)

Well..time will tell, what this chip brings

Cheers, and happy hollydays
        Yes, thats one good thing that Rockchip has : Lots of power. While Amlogic still uses the old Mali 450 GPU for their 2016 Products Rockchip used the Mali 760 with "old" RK3288 and will now use Mali 864.

Just wish they would hire a couple of software guys (wasser from freaktab ) that would fix their crappy SDK ect.

Comment

Rockchip RK3399 specifications:
          • CPU- Hexa Core processor with 2x ARM Cortex A72 @ 2.0 GHz, 4x ARM Cortex A53
          • GPU – ARM Mali-T864 GPU
          • Memory I/F – Dual Channel DDR3/LPDDR3/LPDDR4
          • Video Output – HDMI 2.0
          • Video Codec – 4K2K 10-bit H.265
          • Video Encoder – 1080p
          • Ethernet – Gigabit
          • Audio Codec – No

Comment

Wasser's latest ROM (3.0.3) is great and is what Rockchip's firmware should have been. If he ends up working on a 3399 box I would not hesitate to get it. If he doesn't I'll wait to see reviews and comments on here to decide whether to get it. =)

Comment

Does anyone knows when first devices with rk3399 comes out? Im in about to buy android box, but s905 chips doesnt work well for my needs. And I dont care about 4k if it will lag, just need a decent kodi work and some of my games playing, which doesnt work well on Amlogic s905 (in short)

Comment

Originally posted by DennisDee View Post
                Does anyone knows when first devices with rk3399 comes out? Im in about to buy android box, but s905 chips doesnt work well for my needs. And I dont care about 4k if it will lag, just need a decent kodi work and some of my games playing, which doesnt work well on Amlogic s905 (in short)
                I guess it will take about another 2 months for first to market RK3399 boxes and 4 months for more high quality RK3399 boxes.
                Just my guess as RK3229 first to market MXQ boxes are already selling on Geekbuying.

Comment

Hope I can get RK3399 datasheet next week.

I think for gaming it should be better than S905, but for Kodi... I doubt RK3399 could be better than the Inphic SPOT i7 running VidOn.

Comment

Originally posted by Javimetal View Post
                    Hope I can get RK3399 datasheet next week.

I think for gaming it should be better than S905, but for Kodi... I doubt RK3399 could be better than the Inphic SPOT i7 running VidOn.
                    It will use a Mali T8** so will be way better than the Mali 450 in S905 devices.
                    Rockchip Kodi is also gaining a lot of improvements, so it's going to work very well in the future.

Comment

I hope so. But... let´s wait and see.

I think maybe I can get one of the first testing boards by next month. Hope...

Comment

Originally posted by Javimetal View Post
                        I hope so. But... let´s wait and see.

I think maybe I can get one of the first testing boards by next month. Hope...
                        I hope it wasn't changed to PowerVR graphics but doubt it.
                        Imagination Technologies want to charge tens of thousand of dollars to create Linux drivers for RK3368 while ARM released full X11 Linux GPU drivers recently for RK3288 for free.
                        RK3288 is still so good, so I'm not sure about the price, the RK3399 tv boxes might costs more than $150 I think to not compete with RK3288.

Comment

Hisilicon Hi3798C V200,what u think about that soc

Comment

Originally posted by bajann View Post
                            Hisilicon Hi3798C V200,what u think about that soc
                            Nice SOC, but RK3399 CPU, GPU & VPU will be better.
                            Also Hisilicon doesn't have good support for Kodi and source code is closed which limits options.

More details about RK3399
                            Last edited by mo123; 02-22-2016, 13:17.

Comment

From MWC 2016, Barcelona (Spain)

Comment

Working...
                              X