m8r 4k rk3368 a53 any roms or firmware?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

m8r 4k rk3368 a53 any roms or firmware?

hey whats up all .. i just grabbed a few of these boxes before checking here like a dumb a** lol heres a pic of the product and a link.. is there any roms or firmware for this bad boy.. this one is pretty blank and i cant install alot of programs so far

id appreciate any help.. so thanks in advance
    Buy NinkBox M8R 4K*2K Android 5.1 Tv Box Amlogic RK3368 2G+8G Playback Octal Core Bluetooth Dual WIFI 2.4G/5.8G Streaming Media Player: Streaming Media Players - Amazon.com ✓ FREE DELIVERY possible on eligible purchases

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Never buy unknown brands unless you want to test several firmwares of other devices to find a somewhat working one.

Comment

looks like thats what ill have to do .. have any idea where i should start?

Comment

i found the factory firmware for it here if that helps any

Comment

I have the same box , well it's one of the boxes I have, I received it as a trial. Within a week or less I bricked it and it's stuck in a boot loop where it will boot to the Android screen then won't do anything. I would love to get it working again but can't find much of any info on the OTT M8R RK3368. I found the same firmware as you did and in 3 years have never needed to flash a firmware. I'm not real fond of RK devices but it was free. I want to fix it so I can get it set up and put it in my daughter's room.

The box will go into recovery but that's as far as I get. I downloaded that same firmware and every Roch chip program I could find like batch tool and factory tool but most are in Chinese.

If anyone can help me figure out how to get this running again I would be very grateful. I'm lost on what to do and not sure which rock chip software to use or how to get windows 10 to install the drivers. I downloaded the driver assistant but I'm still am lost with it. It would be nice to learn but I own 3 RK devices which all were sent to me free but I hate how they partition the storage specifically the app storage but other than that they seem fine.I wouldn't buy one but OK desperate to get this fixed.

It sucks having it about s week and really just getting it set up then this. With as many OTT devices that are sold I thought it would be a lot easier to find firmware or a fix. I can't even find someone with a working box willing to share the original firmware file from it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. The only firmware I could find is the same as mentioned above from China gadgets. Then I had issues with my laptop so I've really had no chance to try anything which that issue is now resolved and it has an OT port.but I'm really not confident in the steps I need to take. Hopefully someone can of derv some helpful advice. I'm not sure where else to turn.

Comment

I have these box since last week. I brick them 4-5 time when i try to install custom firmware on it. I think the bootloader is locked.

To unbrick or flash the stock firmware i use the androidtool v.2.3.

The only thing i success is to install twrp.

But now...i'm tired to try to flash it with a other firmware..

I will try with de stock firmware to install a modified kodi for better compatibility with our Rk3368 processor.

Comment

how were you able to install twrp on this box?> i havent had any luck doing anything to it.. the computer doesnt recognise it .. even with drivers installed.. i cant get it to boot into twrp from a sd card.. how in the world did you even get that far.. lol

Comment

I know this thread is a couple months old, but can anyone help? I've got a M8R 4k RK3368 that for some reason now only comes up to the M8R splash screen and never goes any further.

I do not have a clue how to get this box so I can reflash the stock firmware. How do I get my PC to detect it so that I can use Android Tool? I've done other boxes before, but this one has me stumped as there is no AV port button to press. My computer will not even see it plugged in. I tried all the usb ports including the OTG port on the box and still nothing..

Anyone have any insight on this box?

Comment

There might be a reset hole somewhere.
                    Tronsmart Orion R68 Meta
                    CS968 -> HTC_T018 v4 20131216 with MTK
                    GM282 (aka CX 919 II aka J22) - dead

Comment

Originally posted by ghanashyaml View Post
                      There might be a reset hole somewhere.
                      There was. I finally realized.

I have the drivers setup and can get the pc to detect, but cannot for the life of me get the stock firmware to download onto the device using the Android Tool or Factory Tool V1.39. It will go to 1% then fail.

Anything I can do to get this to go?

Comment

Hi silar,

i think the Tool is to old,use Batchtool 1.7 / 1.8 or Androidtool 2.3 this must work.New Drivers too.

good luck

gefattern

Comment

Originally posted by gefattern View Post
                          Hi silar,

i think the Tool is to old,use Batchtool 1.7 / 1.8 or Androidtool 2.3 this must work.New Drivers too.

good luck

gefattern
                          I've been trying on both Batch Tool 1.8, Android Tool 2.3 and Factory Tool 1.39 with current drivers, but still have no luck. Even tried clearing low memory, erasing nand, then flashing, but still the same thing.

Comment

Hi Silar

do you really know how to flash RK Devices ? ,what Windows do you use ? Can you reach Recovery ? press the Resetbutton and start the Device,if you reach make a full wipe of all.

Did the Device already work before ? and what about Maskrom Mode to flash by shorten the pins 7/8 .Try some RK 3368 CustomRoms.

please answer nice Day

gefattern

Comment

Try a different/branded USB cable, USB 2.0 instead of 3.0 slot, different USB port, windows 7 instead of windows 10 etc.
                              Tronsmart Orion R68 Meta
                              CS968 -> HTC_T018 v4 20131216 with MTK
                              GM282 (aka CX 919 II aka J22) - dead

Comment

Working...
                              X