Help me please nexbox n8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help me please nexbox n8

I have a nexbox n8 that won't boot at all.

no link to any firmware anywhere.

can anyone locate as I can't find via a Google search a working firmware.

thank you

Originally posted by hhhonlyfan View Post
    I have a nexbox n8 that won't boot at all.

no link to any firmware anywhere.

can anyone locate as I can't find via a Google search a working firmware.

thank you
    Have you flashed it? If it's not flashed with alternate firmware in other words custom rom,recovery can usualy be accessed still,plug usb keyboard in hold ctrl+prntscrn on boot in and also hold the letter i down count to 5 let go only of the i key,then keep the other 2 down and press i button at intervals of 3 to 5 count letting it go and repressing it,eventualy you get to recovery and then you loose everytting but factory reset,try wiping cache only first say,failing that go back factory reset it.Hope it saves you good luck.

g. ctrl+prnt+i release i 5 seconds after holding,then release i then hold i you repeat until recovery appears or it gos black screen like it's working on it,and iit should appear,the same method used iin recovery access on an ouya or mad catz mojo basically,it seems generic to tv boxes i have had to be fair.
    What is the world if you don't explore?

Comment

I will try that as suggested.

i am not sure if it was flashed before as someone gave it to me as a freebie.

if it has been flashed is there any option or anywhere I can put stock firmware on?

Comment

I will try that as suggested.

i am not sure if it was flashed before as someone gave it to me as a freebie.

if it has been flashed is there any option or anywhere I can put stock firmware on?
        This I would try to obtain normally via a site like here,chinagadget reviews,or eny box website if it were there brand,or go direct to the manufacturer if not found depends who makes it,see presently I am trying my hardest to use a mini wifi keyboard combo,and it's miss pressing hence my speeling is worse than bad like normal,Otherwise I'd scour for you online,but I can't respond well or that quick with it.If your stuck on monday still I will help as will have a replacement keyboard mouse set then.But for now I am testing this new mod on my Emish and need to try some 4k and so on so with the best intentions I must get on it,but I will check back in a couple of hours and see if I might get something up on my phone instead maybe,what brand/model exactly do you know? As will narrow it dowwn big time on searching,you should definately try recovery first and resort to a rom after,you may find wiith some units roms are not released for public consumption unfotunately.

Comment

Just contacted them for you and requested the firmware,I know what box it is now,so if they respond I will provide the link asap so stay tuned,meantime try factory reset if recovery is accessible.They may not bother or could very well provide it?I went directly to nexbox customer sort contact form,I will guide you on reflashing if I get the file if your unable factory tool or batchtool is likely to the weapon of choice to flash the firmware I have them and will link it if I can get them to respond and provide it.This response may be hours,days,weeks though or possibly never so don't hold your breath meanwwhile I'd continue scouring for it viia goolge eg.nexbox n8 firmware download.Failing them sending you a rom then maybe try to use a cross flash use eg.z68 nexbox rom,bare un mund it's potentialy fatal if it goes wrong somehow or rejects it badly half way through installing possibly.You'd be able to try a nexbox ith same rk3368 and same wifi chip model possibly in all liklyhood it would take,tat's thee last resort though absolutely last desperate ressort,you got to be preparedto loose it all and go all in on cross flashing..
          Last edited by PHYSC; 08-21-2016, 00:18.

Comment

How do I find out my wifi chip code?

Comment

How do I find out my wifi chip code?
              Sorry been busy hard modding my X800,your going to need to look inside at a guess to aquire a chipset version,otherwise look online searchiny what wifi chip does the nexbox n8 have? Or similar search terms,meanwhile no response from nexbox about your rom,but will keep checking,presently I'm on my X800 typing this,but need to get some stability tests going you see,as I have got it running in cooking oil I want to check it's stable with the current fan speed at 5v instead of 12v,but if your happy opening it ask guys here if they know the board and can you cross flash eg.z68 firmware to it?

Comment

have tried everything and tried z68 i got the black recovery screen and nothing more

just a load of wiriting i dont uderstand

Comment

I think I can help you.
                  I can give you a ROM dump of my Nexbox N8 firmware, so you can flash it using AndroidTool v.2.1 and then restore the device factory defaults.
                  ROM dump size in archive is about 617 Mb.
                  Give me a link where I can put the ROM for you if you want.

Fyodor

Comment

Hi

that would be superb if you could.
                    Thank you
                    Originally posted by ffeg2008 View Post
                    I think I can help you.
                    I can give you a ROM dump of my Nexbox N8 firmware, so you can flash it using AndroidTool v.2.1 and then restore the device factory defaults.
                    ROM dump size in archive is about 617 Mb.
                    Give me a link where I can put the ROM for you if you want.

Fyodor

Comment

So I need a link from you to place a ROM dump.

Comment

What do you mean you need a link from me?

Comment

Okay, I'll try to place the file here.
                          If it possible of course, because the file is of large size.

Comment

I did private message you with my email address if not.

thank you so much for this as I have been stuck without my box

Comment

Try to download file from here:
                              View and download from Yandex.Disk

Comment

Working...
                              X