Views:	150
Size:	3.8 KB
ID:	591520
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160820_065628.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	4.3 KB
ID:	591521

I just thought I'd post my Emish X800 shim mod on here,I was sick of iit's sluggishness.So I took the heatsink off added 2 shims to the ram maybe 0.5mm density,then added the heatsink plate from an old AM2 asrock motherboard,I actually ent a bit more extreme this mod by lapping which is buffimg or sandimg smoother the processor surface,for this I used the multitool with a wool mop wheel to give a better gleam,I also did the same to the under side of the heatsink plate as well,I pasted both sides of all chips using some china branded thermal paste I got on **** years back it's a 50g container.I had no adhesives so I simply ultra locktite glued them spotting each corner of the soc and also the ram chips I do paste them first and then apply very heavy pressure to make sure contact os made with metals more than the glues though,any way the results are good if not excellent,speeds have increased dramatically on boot and folder surfing,and web surfing is a far smoother experience,I estimate the boot from cold to on the desktop to be 19 seconds faster,also heat disipation has provided lower than usual surface temps when touching the sheel of the unit,as these chips rum noticibaly hotter than a lot of chips,Some pictures below sorry if there are duplications here,and if the pictures are too small I apologize I used the attachment option to publish them,any way the antutu score I am not entirely sure if it's improved at all on what would be average? But U posted it any way,enjoy.

THE BOARD MODEL OF THIS PARTICULAR UNIT IS

XT-X6Z-V01

THE DAUGHTER BOARD LED MODULE IS NAMED

X3_REMOTE_LED

You can cross flash this device with thhe ET05 firmware or the official firmware I have uploaded here http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...ial-with-links And there is a guide I made to guide you how to install the firmwares.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by PHYSC; 08-20-2016, 22:28.
    What is the world if you don't explore?

Heree''s something else I found out,it's astonishing using the system tuner app and setting the kernel optimizations to on I now get this result in antutu benchmark,wow.Stability umkmown right now,but will let you know once tried and tested,I'll try to get some uptiee proof from system tunner possibly. Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2016-08-20-23-43-19.png
Views:	161
Size:	124.3 KB
ID:	591541 Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2016-08-20-23-42-26.png
Views:	169
Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	591540

Comment

Impressive gains. Nice job.

Comment

Originally posted by RISCy Dude View Post
        Impressive gains. Nice job.
        Any idea of the ball park average antutu scores for these boxes mate?

It's ok just found a bully bull report stating 31128 in antutu on the same exact Emish X800 box om some site,so where they just got that score from is a mystery,especially when I've shown it 25000+ intialy,so I have to put bets on a bias result from that site,likely they are reviewimg their very own box in hopes of gaining sales in their shop if it's a marketplace?I'm impressed with the gain and it's too ironic that it's jumped up in cores after the kernel customization,hence I'd say the same occured on the hard mods,due to the fact it rocketed by over 1/2 it's average speeds after that, because before all that modding it ran like a snail in reverse running on empty up a mountain lol.
        Last edited by PHYSC; 08-21-2016, 01:57.

Comment

I don't own a 3368 box. But I think you are in the ballpark for it at 37K. The 25K was very sub par. Seems I saw Ugoos' 3368 around 39-40K on AnTuTu 6. Generally Ugoos uses good RAM and Storage. Their firmware is likely superior to Emish's. Be great to find their F/W ported to your device, just to see if it had an effect on performance.

Google "RK3368 AnTuTu", you should be able to establish a baseline.

Comment

I just noticed this box has 1GB RAM, that could hold it back a bit.
            These days, having 2GB(+) is very desirable. Disregarding benchmarks, 2GB makes things move with more alacrity, it is noticeable in day-to-day use.

Comment

I just noticed this box has 1GB RAM, that could hold it back a bit.
              These days, having 2GB(+) is very desirable. Disregarding benchmarks, 2GB makes things move with more alacrity, it is noticeable in day-to-day use.
              Yes it throttles it big time being a mere 1gb,assumptions I have would be expecting around 15 to 18 thousand scores stock with this particular umit I have,it was completely awful I do mean awful speeds before the hardmod and now it's racing through it.Just moments ago I took a screenprint of the up time I've been playing gta san andreas over 4 hours straight play half resolution medium detail,etc attached a screenprint for it to this reply,I plan to run it around the clock,and wanted stability and extra capability,with this being maybe my 4th or 5th similar mod this one has been the biggest success story so far,I actualy plan to do sometng special with a android tv box unit some stage, it's a crazy mod that will require the right box to mod to begin with,thus far I am yet to find that box,but the next mod will be super outrageous and to say the least ultra ultra overkill,I do face a huge issue with this current box being 8gb rom though right now,I have no way to mod the fstab.rkk30 file to make my usb hdd which is a 1tb drive as my internal storage,I am inexperiened modding these files and struggle with learning you see,I am practicaly out of storage putting gta san andreas kodi and sonic on it,basically right now in a nut shell I am in great need of help to modify this strange form of fstab file I do not and cannot understand the written principals of.
              You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

I've now vegetable oil cooled my X800 and added a 120mm 12v fan running at just 5v,this I may increase to 12v today possibly tomorrow? Added some results here,it's risen in score some would say negigably,yet that little extra speed and sturdy temp it's like it appears to have boosted it's performance in a major way,given that it's a really crude and rudumentary design. It's just submerged in cooking oil with the fam blowing in to provide continuous flow and as there are gaps around the edges of the cut out for the fan,this is like a vent pushing out any deflecting air through it, and so only the cold air stays in momentarily as new cold air comes in and this pushes any heat if there is any out with the wind from the fan.Pictures are below.Only time and massive use will decide it's working,so for now I am going to go and stability test it this may be tomorrow for those results,so stay tuned for that.

I just changed the power supply to the fan to a 12 from an ouya,and it has increased the speeds again slightly 39189 I think any way I have attached the photos so just click to view on the 7 photos button to view the 7 images.
                Attached Files
                You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 7 photos.
                Last edited by PHYSC; 08-22-2016, 06:28.

Comment

Wow! You are committed to cause.

How many miles between oil changes.

Comment

Wow! You are committed to cause.

How many miles between oil changes.
                    That definately made me laugh just reading that,but hopefully just when it may give off odour not when it exploded or evaporates and smells of plastics instead of oil,in serious terms maybe 3-5 years I assume the fan might die prior to that,meaning I have to be carefull incase I become the first deep fried human on a settee lol.To be honest I never stop messing with gadgets I like to see what cooling I can add and thus what performance I can gain.If you think this is commitment wait until the next project gets green lit lol.I shall be sure to follow up with some stability checks,unfortunately having no thermal sensor on this board is an @ss,But I can show times it's been on,may also try screen capture it's likely going to terribly lag though being 1gb ram with 2 apps open.Will be tonight later tonight likely for that follow up.

Comment

Working...
                    X