RK3399

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RK3399

Does Someone know when rk3399 box tv will be released?
    Based on your understanding, will it be better than amlogic s912 when it comes to run kodi? Is it worth to wait for it? Cheers

Last edited by Leonxy; 08-27-2016, 06:26.

Originally posted by Leonxy View Post
    Someone knows when rk3399 box tv will be released?
    Based your understanding, will it be better than amlogic s912 when it comes to run kodi? Is it worth to wait for it? Cheers
    I think in September it will be released.
    Yes, much better than S912.
    Rockchip's own Kodi already runs great on RK3288/RK3368 and don't have all the pass-through problems people have on S912 devices.

Comment

Thanks. The thing i wanted to hear.
      First of all the passthrough problem.

Comment

anybody seen devices based on this chip already?
        It's time for a new box, and this chip seems promising

Comment

Originally posted by marcelv View Post
          anybody seen devices based on this chip already?
          It's time for a new box, and this chip seems promising
          Yes
          Will be available in November.
          Don't buy the first ones(ship and forget ones) available in Oct as they will be full of bugs.

Comment

Any news on devices with RK3399?

Comment

Originally posted by gueschmid View Post
              Any news on devices with RK3399?
              I've seen a few, not just a tv box but with extra features also.
              So there will be some cheap RK3399 junk boxes with no updates and slow RAM/storage that stutter and others that are premium ones with new features and a higher price.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post
                I've seen a few, not just a tv box but with extra features also.
                Without doubt there are some devices with RK3399 SoC in development but till now there isn't any which is realy available for mass sale. Probably it is connected with problems to mass produce that chip. A72 at 28 nm it was risk from the beggining. According to RockChip roadmap devices with this SoC should be available from September.

On one hand I'm dissapointed with RK3399 design but on the other hand I read many news about RockChip Open Source commitment (look kernel 4.4). It is mixed bag for me . If I wouldn't have to replace my RK3288 device I wouldn't even consider this chip because for me it will give only about 40% more single thread performance (at 2GHz vs [email protected]). For me it is to small difference to buy new product even when I'm tempted by Remix IO+ device.
                RK3288 2GB/16GB OC 1.9GHz at 1.2V RAM [email protected] Wasser's 3.0.11 firmware
                Out: monitor FullHD 16:9, 3.5" jack headphones; In: remote control, USB HUB: keyboard + mouse + pendrive
                bricked: VOYO V1 mini 8G/64GB Windows 10

Comment

I think the biggest and best thing if rockchip actually uses it is the 64 bit Os. Having a 64 bit chip is great. Not having a 64 bit Os that actually takes advantage of the chip is the best case. (will it happen most likely not. ) but if a manufacture uses a 64 bit os i think they will have a sure fire winning product. 3288 is running marshmellow now and still a great device. 912 is nice but again no 64 bit support. I am running mm64 bit on my 3368 and love how stable and low memory use is.

Its a mix bag as always. Poor support on most cheap devices without freaktab most would still be garbage. Choosing one that is supported well is the Most important thing. Many forget that when choosing for a 3000 tv they get upset that the 30 -50 dollar box wont do passthrough and other things well or support dropped after box released. I dont think its all about speed and percentage of increase you should be paying more attention to working functions and support not speed. 😀
                  Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

64bit computing isn't silver bullet but it certainly is required if you want to use more that 4GB of RAM. What's more in specific situation it can provide significant performance boost. Even so in most circumstances ARM64 (AArch64) isn't much faster than ARM32 (AArch32). For example in this test in is "only" faster for 15-25%. Another problem is availability of 64-bit applications besides benchmarks .
                    RK3288 2GB/16GB OC 1.9GHz at 1.2V RAM [email protected] Wasser's 3.0.11 firmware
                    Out: monitor FullHD 16:9, 3.5" jack headphones; In: remote control, USB HUB: keyboard + mouse + pendrive
                    bricked: VOYO V1 mini 8G/64GB Windows 10

Comment

Working...
                    X