Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

XS box (RK3368 + 100 Mb LAN / 1 Go / 8Go / AP6330 with External antenna) - Firmwares - Tips/Tricks.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

XS box (RK3368 + 100 Mb LAN / 1 Go / 8Go / AP6330 with External antenna) - Firmwares - Tips/Tricks.

Hi,

I bought this box https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaGC2lYjrLk

It seems to be a Vibob XS BOX, but updated to Rk3368 (first was s812).

I'm not sure AP is 6330 because of lack of bluetooth and wifi 5.8 ghz edit: it's AP6181

...With a really buggy firmware (or perhaps, mine was modified by another) : no Wifi, no blutooth, no pré-rooted...But the remote worked...

I've spent so much time to flash so many roms to have a full fonctionning rom.

At this instant, i've found, that the last RK8 firmware (download from china gadgets) solves the WIfi, and the root.

I've flashed it with factory tools 1.39 in "restore mode", and then apply update.zip (bugs fixes) directcly from SD card in android (it says "would you install update.zip?")

So far, bluetooth still doesnt work, and IR remote works, but...juste one button...

Still not have found a compatible twrp. edit : in fact twrp 3.1.10 is fully fonctionnal

SOLUTION :

STEP 1 - Flash "Tronsmart - Tronsplant your rom" V.9.5 on freaktab with factory tool v1.39 in "restore" mode. When Finished, unplug USB immediatly.
    NOTE : don't insert sd card, it will be formatted at reboot.

STEP 2 - Simply flash Kernel.img and ressources.img from RK8/m8spro rom .img dated from august 2016 on chinagadget to their good partitions with android tool v2.35.
    You must exctract them in "advanced tool" and unpack.

Step 3 - Reboot (for a long time) and enjoy fully fonctionnal box with Widevine (Molotov, Netflix) , DTS, AC3, Wifi and ethernet (this box doesn't have bluetooth).
    Remote still not fully fonctional, but the rom is provided with Zidoo RC, wich is allowed to control the box from an android smartphone wifi equiped

Have a good Day ! :-)

Edit : GeexBox Marshmallow 170117 starts up, but no wifi no ethernet....
    Last edited by rootkeys; 04-04-2019, 23:37.

So many mix...I found the better solution :

Tronsmart tronsplant your rom with factory tool in restore mode
    then kernel and ressource .img from RK8/M8SPro from extracted rom from chinagadget 21/08/2016
    = Fully fonctionnal rom.

Tuner TV, USB joystick, Webcam, Dongle 3G = OK
    Root, Widevine (netflix, molotov) = OK
    Set CPU to 816 / 1008 is pretty good enought (litle hot case).

Foldermount / LinktoSD / GL2SD ok

Playable games in 1080p (dont have 4K) :

All GTA, Star Horizon, Asphalt 8, Modern Combat 5 , dead trigger, and lots of other if you know how to use 5 Go from internal SD and a SD slot with foldermount.

PowerVR G6110 Powaa

No Real Racing...poor FPS

Last edited by rootkeys; 05-05-2017, 00:36.

Comment

edited
      Last edited by rootkeys; 04-04-2019, 23:37.

Comment

Working...
      X