i68 / R68 Audio Stutter Test Fixes / IEC 61937 HD Passthrough

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i68 / R68 Audio Stutter Test Fixes / IEC 61937 HD Passthrough

This is the first of three initial firmware tests dedicated specifically to finding a solution to the i68/R68 audio problems. Some firmwares have reduced or eliminated the audio stutter, from feedback I've gathered, but it's never been consistent and a solution has never been identified. Test firmwares will be 5.1.1 based. If the stutter is eliminated, then you can all finally enjoy a full 'true octacore' port. No guarantees.
    Firmware posted in this thread is considered experimental and only for audio testing purposes.

I don't have either device, so I'm going fully blind and working from logs. I'll be relying heavily on your feedback.
    Please post only i68/R68 audio related testing feedback in this thread.
    Any other posts originating from tests with devices other than i68/R68 will be removed.

All firmware will have the same features and performance of the 'true octacore' builds, including backported GPU, memory and cpu performance enhancements.
    Until we reach a conclusion on the audio issues, please post only audio related feedback.

Things to remember: I do not have these i68/r68 devices and just now started looking into the audio issues as a token of gratitude to the many users of these devices as they have been some of my best and most dedicated testers during my initial RK3368 'true octacore' project.

The first firmware includes EXPERIMENTAL backported IEC 61937 HD audio support for passthrough support in Kodi Krypton 17, etc. Play services, etc. included.

DOWNLOAD - TEST VERSION 1
    Last edited by Shomari; 02-25-2017, 22:09.

Hi Shomari, i have a beelink i68 100M ... I have installed the rom, without issues, then applied the resource fix for wifi.... wifi ok... but i dont have gapps, so i cant install youtube to try the sound stuttering... this version includes gapp o I made a mistake in the installation?? saludos!
    MK808B K.I.A.
    MK908 Finless ROM 1.7a + Mele F10
    CR11S Quickshot V3.1, 720p kernel @1,7GHz, GPU600, DDR720 + Mele F10
    MK902 Quickshot V3.1 1080p @1,8 GHz, GPU 600, DDR720 + Mele F10
    GT-I9505 OMEGA ROM

Comment

Nope, no gapps in this one. Can you test audio anywhere else? I don't think you needed to apply the resource fix for wireless; this one is already for your devices specifically.

Gracias por hacer pruebas!

Comment

i have downloaded google play services, youtube and others apps from apkmirror,,, (youtube is the app most used for me in this device and in the others roms always had sound stuttering)...
        youtube works great for me (compared with other roms experiences).... minimal stuttering... only 1 in the moment of change from window size to full screen (1080p video)
        tunein stutter when press the back button
        other consideration:
        maybe not so smooth but i think that is normal in a experimental rom...
        recent apps and home buttons doesnt works in the status bar
        when power on for first time wifi doesnt work... this is the reason to load the fix

sorry for my english

saludos!

MK808B K.I.A.
        GT-I9505 OMEGA ROM

Comment

Originally posted by sonoman View Post
          i have downloaded google play services, youtube and others apps from apkmirror,,, (youtube is the app most used for me in this device and in the others roms always had sound stuttering)...
          youtube works great for me (compared with other roms experiences).... minimal stuttering... only 1 in the moment of change from window size to full screen (1080p video)
          tunein stutter when press the back button
          other consideration:
          maybe not so smooth but i think that is normal in a experimental rom...
          recent apps and home buttons doesnt works in the status bar
          when power on for first time wifi doesnt work... this is the reason to load the fix

sorry for my english

saludos!

...no te preocupes; entonces en youtube todo suena mejor, o solo un poco? De los bugs no te fijes mucho, esta roms que subo aqui en este hilo son solo para buscarle arreglo al sonido de los dispositivos i68/r68, osea, de lo otro nos quejamos ahorita. . . . por ahora solo ojo en sonido..

Comment

I try as soon as possible. Thank you for your consideration.

Comment

My first test is wifi, it does not work on my i68G.

Bluetooth activates and works.

The lower menu buttons do not work.

Comment

Please read the first post before testing or downloading.

These firmwares are only for testing audio. They're not for general use. The purpose is to find how to make a rom with glitch free audio performance so that I may know what configuration to use in upcoming firmware.

Again, this is not meant to be final or complete in any way, the sole purpose of these tests is audio and audio only.

Comment

Originally posted by Shomari View Post

...no te preocupes; entonces en youtube todo suena mejor, o solo un poco? De los bugs no te fijes mucho, esta roms que subo aqui en este hilo son solo para buscarle arreglo al sonido de los dispositivos i68/r68, osea, de lo otro nos quejamos ahorita. . . . por ahora solo ojo en sonido..

Sii ...mejoro bastante.. no al 100% pero mucho mejor... solo 1 pequeño corte en un video al poner full screen, probé aproximadamente 30 minutos con videos full hd y sd.... antes con otros rom siempre al inicio del video "tartamudeaba" y aleatoriamente durante el resto del video... esto ha sucedido con todas las rom que he probado (wasser, geekboxy otra q no recuerdo el nombre)... con tunein hubieron cortes en el momento de apretar el boton back en la barra de status.. a la noche probare un poco mas

si necesitas que haga alguna prueba especifica me dices...

saludos!!!
                  MK808B K.I.A.
                  GT-I9505 OMEGA ROM

Comment

Sorry, i read but i have no time for more test today.

Comment

Closed due to lack of testers.

Comment

On it. What you need. I kick some chairs and tables to make it happen. Geekbox here i get the 32 bit marshmellow firmware yesterday. List what devices you need tested and what you want tested we get people involved for you. Hate to see thread stop.

Warm Regards
                        Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

OK - new firmware posted in OP.

Please test audio and post your results. The sooner we get feedback on the first firmware, the quicker we can move to the next two buikds.

I know it's a pain to test multiple builds, but there's a reason and a purpose to this. We want to solve the many audio issues plaguing the i68/r68 devices. If I can find a suitable conclusion to work off, I can continue porting my builds to these devices as has been requested.

If not, then you'll all be left out again and it'll be as it has been up until now with your devices where audio either works well by luck or it doesn't... or you get working audio but poor general performance. I think it's worth a shot to get more than that.

Comment

For me it is 00h00mn so I go to bed but I resume work tomorrow.

Comment

I've just received feedback from a 4pda user that all firmwares stutter randomly on i68/r68 when hdmi bitstream is enabled, but using 'default' output as sound device gives better results. Can anyone confirm when testing?

​​​​If true it gives a good clue to follow on.

Comment

Working...
                              X