Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S912 devices can't run faster than 1.5Ghz, otherwise all the manufacturers would have fixed it by now.
    It is locked down in closed source binary blob boot files nd even missing in most cases.
    You can't edit kernel files to make it faster.
    Odroid did manage to overclock to something like 1.65Ghz but it was unstable, required a bigger power supply and slowed down again after a while, while only a few cores could be used.

Sorry for being off-topic.

Comment

Why do you have to kill my dreams mo... Whyyyyyyyy....!

Just kidding... Thanks for the info.

It was announced to run at 2Ghz everywhere and i thought it was limited by software for thermal issues...

Thermal issues are not a problem for my boxes... First thing i do when i receive them is change the cooler and if it doesn't help add a Fan..

Comment

All the latest ver make landingship speaker scream on the geekbox. Only the one worked with out it may take small board off landingship and retest it again. But the version that worked worked well just some video wierdness

keep up good work. Leave the Trolls to us

Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Originally posted by jit18 View Post
          Well well... What a coincide...

The reason why a bought my Sunvell T95U Pro (Red one) is here in this thread too..

Shomari, you want some motivation.... imagine a S912 running at 2Ghz!!!

SC what are your thoughts...?
          Well its possible but i really dont recommend it unless you have a good power supply and heat-sink!
          And with big limitations, since they really locked the stuff good... typical...

Comment

Originally posted by superceleron View Post

Well its possible but i really dont recommend it unless you have a good power supply and heat-sink!
            And with big limitations, since they really locked the stuff good... typical...
            Challenge accepted!
            You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Challenge accepted!
              LOL nice... but not from me m8, that is a job for shomari i dont like to OC... that is to guys that really like that!
              I besides i have very low free time this days... and have already lots of work to finish i dont need to add more to it lol...

Comment

Wow.... I didn't see that coming...

So Shomari... It's just the two of us left...

Give my hopes the deathblow!

Comment

I've unfortunately avoided AML like the plague, so I don't own any of their devices. Eventually someone will end up pushing those devices like we do the RK chips. AML is more locked down and problematic than even RK, just like superceleron mentioned. That's half the reason I never bothered with them. (did you miss the findings about their misleading clock speeds, locked into proprietary binaries, to boot? Highly untrustworthy methods) mo123 linked it above

You still have good options with the firmware from SC and the rest here, though.
                  Last edited by Shomari; 04-20-2017, 23:20.

Comment

Ok, it was to good to be truth.

The reason i bought a S912 box was because i has so disappointed with my rk3368 Z68 Box.
                    Poor performance and was getting very hot nomatter what rom i was using (big cooler).

So after some research i decided to go with the Sunvell T95U Pro (was the only one with SC Rom at the time).

The Youtube Videos looked like it was 3 times as fast (UI) as my old rk3368 box.

Imagine my disappointment now as i figure out that my 30 Euros Z4 (i bought it while i was waiting for my S912 to arrive from China ) is much faster then my 60 Euros hyped Sunvell T95U Pro...

Comment

Originally posted by dkholm56 View Post

Hi Shomari,
                      Anything new you want me to try regarding the M8 Pro recovery. Just checking.
                      thanks much
                      dkholm56 try this boot, over your stock firmware, let me know if it boots up

Comment

Originally posted by Shomari View Post

dkholm56 try this boot, over your stock firmware, let me know if it boots up
                        http://ge.tt/81wO8mj2
                        Got it. Flashed fine. Will let you know how it boots.

Comment

Ok, it was to good to be truth.

The Youtube Videos looked like it was 3 times as fast (UI) as my old rk3368 box.

Imagine my disappointment now as i figure out that my 30 Euros Z4 (i bought it while i was waiting for my S912 to arrive from China ) is much faster then my 60 Euros hyped Sunvell T95U Pro...
                          I can imagine. I've got RK3288 as well as the RK3368, and despite the 3288 being stronger core for core than the 3368, the Z4 spanks the 3288 in terms of responsiveness compared to 3288 on stock firmware.

I've ported my firmware to the Z68 before, you know. If you still have it around you can still probably give it some life.

Comment

if it boots correctly, then we're halfway there. I might be able to port something to the M8 Pro after all. No promises, but getting past the dependencies was/is half the problem. Let me know if it actually runs.

Comment

booted normal up to the white "android" screen and is staying there. This is the first time it has booted like this with anything that isn't stock. Should I leave it or maybe try to boot it again.

Comment

booted normal up to the "android" screen and is staying there. This is the first time it has booted like this with anything that isn't stock. Should I leave it or maybe try to boot it again.
                                Alright so a little progress. Go back to your stock boot, that custom boot.img was a test to meet some dependencies and it looks like we got the result we wanted.

Later I'll upload a full firmware for you to test. Next thing to do is test (in combination with the new boot.img):

Code:
                                ro.factory.hasUMS=true
                                to

Code:
                                ro.factory.hasUMS=false
                                ​​​​​​​You can do that in your build.prop if you know how, reboot and flash the new boot.img after you do. It's okay if you don't know how to do it or would rather wait.

Comment

Working...
                                X