This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dkholm56 View Post

tried booting for 3rd time. Now it is staying on m8Pro splash screen...weird it isn't going past to the No Signal like previous boots
    I'll probably have another test for you in the next day or so. Looks like might have missed another code dependency somewhere

Comment

Shomari sorry for silence from my part... i have had some issue's atm. Nothing to the box related more in personal way... still following the thread today i will test it and report back. Thanks mate

Comment

Originally posted by brickmojoccatz View Post
        Shomari sorry for silence from my part... i have had some issue's atm. Nothing to the box related more in personal way... still following the thread today i will test it and report back. Thanks mate
        take your time, thanks for checking in. Hope everything gets better for you.

Comment

...testing, testing ... no heat issues.

Comment

Go for 6 x 1,8Ghz or 4x 2Ghz.... (2 cores active of each cpu)

The higher the power pro core the faster operating system... Goes for every system...

A Singlecore 12Ghz Prozessor would kill every 3Ghz Quadcore in every OS..

Its not about Benchmark results its about responsiveness...

CLICK... Done!

Comment

Originally posted by Shomari View Post

Alright so a little progress. Go back to your stock boot, that custom boot.img was a test to meet some dependencies and it looks like we got the result we wanted.

Later I'll upload a full firmware for you to test. Next thing to do is test (in combination with the new boot.img):

Code:
              ro.factory.hasUMS=true
              to

Code:
              ro.factory.hasUMS=false
              ​​​​​​​You can do that in your build.prop if you know how, reboot and flash the new boot.img after you do. It's okay if you don't know how to do it or would rather wait.
              Shomari,
              just for the sake of curiosity I edited the build.prop as you suggested, then flashed your boot image and guess what....It booted right up! Not sure what this means but it did work. I am at the box home screen. It actually booted kinda fast....that could be my imagination however....lol

Comment

UMS = Usb Mass Storage

Comment

Shomari,
                  just for the sake of curiosity I edited the build.prop as you suggested, then flashed your boot image and guess what....It booted right up! Not sure what this means but it did work. I am at the box home screen. It actually booted kinda fast....that could be my imagination however....lol
                  ... I expected it would boot after that change, thanks for verifying. It's not your imagination, a small amount of my changes reside in the ramdisk in boot. Several act directly on storage and i/o, and that's immediately noticeable.

RK uses alot of proprietary functions and nodes that create dependencies in different ways with different devices. It's a tedious process working it all backwards, especially without having the device to move tests along more rapidly.

Your box has its own storage interface and controller configuration that's very different from most others.

You can now try to flash the system.img I sent you in a bundle of images a couple days ago. You can also try the resource I sent for you, though knowing what I know since then, they're unlikely to work, but it's still worth testing.

I'll post another firmware for you to try a little later.

EDIT: flash the kernel I sent you first, and see if it works. Then try the other images one by one
                  ​​

Comment

... I expected it would boot after that change, thanks for verifying. It's not your imagination, a small amount of my changes reside in the ramdisk in boot. Several act directly on storage and i/o, and that's immediately noticeable.

RK uses alot of proprietary functions and nodes that create dependencies in different ways with different devices. It's a tedious process working it all backwards, especially without having the device to move tests along more rapidly.

Your box has its own storage interface and controller configuration that's very different from most others.

You can now try to flash the system.img I sent you in a bundle of images a couple days ago. You can also try the resource I sent for you, though knowing what I know since then, they're unlikely to work, but it's still worth testing.

I'll post another firmware for you to try a little later.

EDIT: flash the kernel I sent you first, and see if it works. Then try the other images one by one
                    ​​
                    the kernel that is in with the other images?

Comment

...yup, the kernel in the bundle of images

Comment

...yup, the kernel in the bundle of images
                        flashed kernel and box booted to M8Pro screen then No Signal on HDMI.

Comment

flashed kernel and box booted to M8Pro screen then No Signal on HDMI.
                          ... alright. One last thing for you to try for now, is to flash the firmware I sent yesterday, then flash your stock kernel over it. That probably would get it to boot. If it does, the next step would be to make you a proper dtb (resource) for your device to enable all the enhancements

Comment

... alright. One last thing for you to try for now, is to flash the firmware I sent yesterday, then flash your stock kernel over it. That probably would get it to boot. If it does, the next step would be to make you a proper dtb (resource) for your device to enable all the enhancements
                            got it will give it a go.

Comment

Thinking f trying your ROM. I have the Tronsmart RK3368 with Gigabyte LAN.
                              Currently running MO's transplant your ROM and am quite happy with it. The only problem I have with MO's Rom is the SD card no longer works (I can live without it).

What Should I flash. I see you have a number of files listed. If possible true octacore (hopefully one flash). In the past Ive encountered problems connecting to box.

Comment

You use the first link for the full firmware. The Z4 links are for the Z4, or for users that need 5G wifi on AP6330.

Comment

Working...
                                X