X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dkholm56 View Post

I'll gladly be "stuck" with your firmware..lol
    Not rushing you at all. Just wanted to know if I remembered correctly if the misc/recovery problem would cause issues with TWRP.
    thanks much
    no I do not feel rushed at all. Can you do me a favor and install terminal emulator and run 'getprop' and post the output here, please?

Comment

Originally posted by Shomari View Post

no I do not feel rushed at all. Can you do me a favor and install terminal emulator and run 'getprop' and post the output here, please?
      Shomari,
      Had to jump through some hoops to get terminal emulator on the box. Google Play Store is one of the main reasons the current firmware is garbage. It force closes constantly. Even when you're not searching. Anyway, I got terminal emulator on the box and ran getprop. How do I copy the output to paste it here. Sorry for such a novice question, but I haven't used terminal emulator much.

Comment

getprop.txt

Shomari, Here is the result from getprop in terminal emulator. Not sure I did this correctly but it is in there.

Comment

Hello All,

I have the RK8 Rk3368 2Gb/8Gb ap6330 that is the same as M8s Pro of dkholm56 .

I'm interresting by your rom Shomari for the M8 because on the firmware stock no Mycanal APP and other no functionnal.

Thank you for your work.

Comment

[ATTACH]n643862[/ATTACH]
            Shomari, Here is the result from getprop in terminal emulator. Not sure I did this correctly but it is in there.
            Thanks! This is exactly what I suspected

Code:
            ro.bootmode: unknown
            your device has a nand chip instead of the typical emmc. That's why you've been unable to run newer firmware, as they all are for devices with emmc storage.

Try this system image:

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

Flash it, as usual, with the boot I sent you and hopefully we get some progress. . . vazarg I see you. We'll figure this out, guys.

Comment

Code:
              your device has a nand chip instead of the typical emmc. That's why you've been unable to run newer firmware, as they all are for devices with emmc storage.
              Here is the proof.
              ROM: 8GB NAND FLASH

M8 Pro Android 5.1 TV Box Rockchip RK3368 Octa Core XBMC UHD 4K*2K 3D 2G/8G X7V2 | Consumer Electronics, TV, Video & Home Audio, Internet & Media Streamers | eBay!

Comment

Originally posted by jit18 View Post

Here is the proof.
                ROM: 8GB NAND FLASH
                ...yup. But, there's no better proof than getting props from a live system. They'll stick just about anything in ads ...

Z8 port is going to be an absolute breeze next to this.

Comment

Code:

Try this system image:

https://mega.nz/#!jMBAXIBK!qodL1u8O-...-PHcmflCZX1EDs

Flash it, as usual, with the boot I sent you and hopefully we get some progress. . . vazarg I see you. We'll figure this out, guys.
                  Shomari,
                  flashed the boot you sent, and the new M8Pro System2 image over stock firmware. Box boots to M8Pro logo and no further. I'm gonna reflash stock firmware then your boot image. Make sure it boots then flash new system file and see if that makes a difference. Initially I flashed boot image and system image at same time.
                  thanks

Comment

Shomari,
                    flashed the boot you sent, and the new M8Pro System2 image over stock firmware. Box boots to M8Pro logo and no further. I'm gonna reflash stock firmware then your boot image. Make sure it boots then flash new system file and see if that makes a difference. Initially I flashed boot image and system image at same time.
                    thanks
                    tried it again. This time fresh flash of stock firmware, then flashed your boot image and made sure it boots, then I flashed the new system image. Still boots to M8Pro screen and stays there.

Comment

Shomari,
                      thanks
                      ... you'll get the same result. One of - or several - of the shared objects in the firmware is incompatible with your storage controller. Going to be very tedious to figure out which one without documentation.

I'll pm you the next steps from here.

Comment

well the second defect of the M8Pro is the faulty HDMI port. The connection to the board breaks away due to poor soldering. Already fixed it once by re-soldering the connections. I think it has broken away again because I have no signal when connected to HDMI but I do have a signal when connected to AV. I was concerned this might happen due to all the connecting and disconnecting of HDMI trying to test the firmware. Oh well, may check the HDMI port again may not. This box has been a PITA. What sucks is I have actually been careful when connecting or disconnecting the HDMI cable.

Comment

Hi Shomari,
                          I'm using the firmware Z4_201703_4PDA with the kernel+resourse img from the firmware Z4 Android 6.0.1 (forum 4PDA),
                          TV box Z4 works fine- no overheating, shutdowns, power 5V 2A
                          May be you'll see and finalize this firmware with these images for Z4.

Comment

Originally posted by BEN001 View Post
                            Hi Shomari,
                            I'm using the firmware Z4_201703_4PDA with the kernel+resourse img from the firmware Z4 Android 6.0.1 (forum 4PDA),
                            TV box Z4 works fine- no overheating, shutdowns, power 5V 2A
                            May be you'll see and finalize this firmware with these images for Z4.
                            ... hello friend. Use what works for you. But the updated builds for Z4 in this first post have been working good for many, even on their stock power supplies. See in this thread what users report, there are no heat issues or problems with power

Comment

Duuuude sorry for the delay ... but family comes always 1st

But here is the shit I mixed up, with the help of your OC/T8C techniques ...

THX Shomari ... you are the man
                              ROM (Image/Firmware) for the Z4 RK3368 android TV Box (Andoer Z4 - ENY EKB368 - Acemax AK838 - Tronfy X6) stable . fast . clean . leanback . android TV (ATV)
                              My contributions to the community
                              [ ROMs ] Z4 RK3368 - android TV (ATV) | MXQ PRO 4K - p201 - android TV (ATV) | Yundo Y1 S912 - android TV (ATV) not yet released
                              [ Tutorials ] Bootup logo Amlogic S912 devices | Redefine any Keyboard, Gamepad, Remote Control

Comment

Shomari,
                                thinking about getting another rk3368 box and was wondering if you could recommend one or more that are fully compatible with your rom.
                                thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X