This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dkholm56 View Post
    well the second defect of the M8Pro is the faulty HDMI port. The connection to the board breaks away due to poor soldering. Already fixed it once by re-soldering the connections. I think it has broken away again because I have no signal when connected to HDMI but I do have a signal when connected to AV. I was concerned this might happen due to all the connecting and disconnecting of HDMI trying to test the firmware. Oh well, may check the HDMI port again may not. This box has been a PITA. What sucks is I have actually been careful when connecting or disconnecting the HDMI cable.
    Shomari,
    Got my M8Pro back up and was about to try your suggestion with adb and the libs when I saw Coolio had a new rom that incorporated some of your work. So I figured I would try to flash it and see what happens. Flashed the whole 2.5 BRE rom and it wouldn't boot. So I unpacked it and flashed Coolio's system image with the boot image you gave me and it booted.....Big Ups to Coolio! your rom looks great. Wanted to ask if this makes a difference or should I still go forward with the libs? Aside from some minor issues (i'm sure specific to my box) Coolio's system image is running fine with your boot image. I did try and flash the resource and kernel image from Coolio's with no success. Then tried your resource and kernel with no luck so just wanted to know if this is enough of a success to try something else before pushing the libs.
    thank you guys for great work.

Comment

If I have coolio 2.5 BRE installed in a z4, What I have to do to install your rom? I think atv is not for me.

Comment

Hi dkholm56, i have a m8pro just like you and i want to know if you can send me the boot and the system image you try and if the rom is enough stable for daily use. I don't know how to unpacked rom to only get the system image. P.s. sorry for my english, i speak french so i try to explain the best as i can.

Comment

Originally posted by Sebfleury69 View Post
          Hi dkholm56, i have a m8pro just like you and i want to know if you can send me the boot and the system image you try and if the rom is enough stable for daily use. I don't know how to unpacked rom to only get the system image. P.s. sorry for my english, i speak french so i try to explain the best as i can.
          yes. I'll send them to you but they are not stable enough for daily use on the M8Pro. Shomari explained why his rom isn't compatible with the M8Pro due to the M8Pro using nand flash rather than emmc. Coolio also said his rom wasnt currently compatible with the M8Pro.

Comment

Originally posted by Shomari View Post

no I do not feel rushed at all. Can you do me a favor and install terminal emulator and run 'getprop' and post the output here, please?
            Shomari good evening! Iḿ very very interested on try your rom in my Tronsmart Orion r68 meta, but... when I try to download it, in the first page of this thread, I found an error: deleted file or non available. What can be the problem??? I want to try your rom, but is impossible to download it! Il aprecciate your help! Thanks!!

Comment

Hi Shomari Good to see you are still actively developing for our doomed rk3368 devices. I just got back after 4 weeks of personal stuff to get some more free time and i wanted to test the new firmware. The link in the first page isnt working anymore. Any link to the latest would be appreciated and thanks again for the good job

Comment

Originally posted by brickmojoccatz View Post
                Hi Shomari Good to see you are still actively developing for our doomed rk3368 devices. I just got back after 4 weeks of personal stuff to get some more free time and i wanted to test the new firmware. The link in the first page isnt working anymore. Any link to the latest would be appreciated and thanks again for the good job
                Welcome back! Hope these are better days...

Here you go, https://mega.nz/#!DEQHnarK!4mfrgm8C6...q2X8Wy1h2u3YC0

That's the one that was up; I'm running a newer build I haven't gotten around to uploading.

Comment

Shomari thank you very much all is well now will test and report back

Comment

Who's still around? My account didn't have posting privileges for a while, so I wasn't able to post.

Still would like to provide some updates for a while further and get some ports completed. I've been working on video performance as usual, almost near perfect score in anTuTu video tester with latest version

Haven't seen any RK3368 tuned to get over 1000 points in anTuTu video tester to date. (the difference is noticeable)

Comment

Who's still around? My account didn't have posting privileges for a while, so I wasn't able to post.

Still would like to provide some updates for a while further and get some ports completed. I've been working on video performance as usual, almost near perfect score in anTuTu video tester with latest version

Haven't seen any RK3368 tuned to get over 1000 points in anTuTu video tester to date. (the difference is noticeable)

Great. After testing coolio's rom, with not as good results as expected, I would like to test one of yours. Now I'm in the last stock rom (https://androidpc.es/blog/2016/11/27...68-27-09-2016/)

Have you tested the new ugoos ut4 android 6.0 firmware?
                      Last edited by koes; 05-27-2017, 16:39.

Comment

Originally posted by koes View Post

Have you tested the new ugoos ut4 android 6.0 firmware?
                        Nope, but I'm strongly considering finally making a Marshmallow firmware for Z4 as well as AP6330 devices

Comment

mglarosa all inks are fixed, flash the full firmware, then the resource/kernel combo of your choice from first post

Comment

Nope, but I'm strongly considering finally making a Marshmallow firmware for Z4 as well as AP6330 devices
                            great news!!!

Comment

i truly hope you get dual band working for ap6330 devices , not just 2.4ghz .....

Comment

Shomari Any octacore ROM for the Nexbox Z68?

Comment

Working...
                                X