unable to play 1080p files rk3368 android box x820

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

unable to play 1080p files rk3368 android box x820

hi guys. its my first box and first post. recently i have removed my i7 laptop and bought this box to use as htpc. box says generic android box and underneath it says model x820. so i am not sure which make is that. problems i am facing at present are:
    unable to play hd files. everything stutters really bad when i play from my external 2tb hd.
    no dev option is settings for forced graphic option
    in kodi audio setting the output is greyed .
    which latest firmware i can use?

my configuration is rk3368 2 gb ram, 16gb hd. connected with hdmi to my onkyo nr636 av rec.
    i know these problems you have heard million times and there are hundreds of methods. i need some guidance to solve these issues. thanks

Originally posted by xplicit.kaler View Post
    hi guys. its my first box and first post. recently i have removed my i7 laptop and bought this box to use as htpc. box says generic android box and underneath it says model x820. so i am not sure which make is that. problems i am facing at present are:
    unable to play hd files. everything stutters really bad when i play from my external 2tb hd.

my configuration is rk3368 2 gb ram, 16gb hd. connected with hdmi to my onkyo nr636 av rec.
    i know these problems you have heard million times and there are hundreds of methods. i need some guidance to solve these issues. thanks
    Why did you buy rk3368 that was made in 2014?
    It doesn't support Kodi well since it has no 10-bit color support.
    No custom firmware exists for it, you will have to live with all the bugs.
    You could have gotten a rk3328 that supports HDR, 10-bit h264/h265, VP9, runs Nougat/Oreo and has pass-through support for Kodi.

Comment

Hi ,

Mo123 is right , no good choice for your needs , what about RKMC , shall it help him , Mo ???

My UT4 RK3368 plays this without Problems with your Rom , maybe he can use the Rom from

Coolio ???

good luck / gefattern

Comment

Thanks alot for replies guys..my main aim to use box as htpc. I will sell this box if it cant do any good. Any suggestions for box with dts dolby atmos passthrough without kodi.?
        4k is not problem at present as i am not upgrading my hd tv.

Comment

Thanks alot for replies guys..my main aim to use box as htpc. I will sell this box if it cant do any good. Any suggestions for box with dts dolby atmos passthrough without kodi.?
          4k is not problem at present as i am not upgrading my hd tv.
          Hi ,

if you want primary Kodi or similar , why not buy a cheap AML Box and flash LibreElec to it , works great ,

or maybe Mo123 latest Project with RK3229/ & 8 Boxes , he has good results with all this Dolby things ,

i think .

good luck / greetings / gefattern

Comment

Thanks. I am looking for s912 box if they any good. The only disappointment was that 3368 is stuttering bad with 1080p files. Rest everything like streaming video through apps are flawless. Kodi is not wife friendly so i have installed similar apps on the box what she uses to watch on phone. If 3368 can play my dts hd files i am happy with that. Cheerss

Comment

Working...
            X