Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zidoo X6 Pro Firmware Image? Can i use other firmwares of other similar RK3368 specs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zidoo X6 Pro Firmware Image? Can i use other firmwares of other similar RK3368 specs?

Hey guys I need help.. plz...have a zidoo x6 pro.. was acting out & would get hang every 5-10mins. Did the factory reset but still same problems so I used android tool to flash & clicked on eraseflash instead of upgrade.. the device connected but showed maskrom fail error. I disconnected & then upgraded v1.039 (which showed a success) & from that moment the device just gets stuck on the zidoo logo screen. Saw some videos that said it takes a while to boot & kept it on for more than 30 mins.. nothing changed... still stuck at zidoo logo screen.

Can someone explain what a maskrom fail means?

What should i do? I cannot find the latest 1.045 firmware image.. only found the zip file from the zidoo site. Can i use a different firmware image like of Himeda H8 Plus or MK68?

Does anyone have a Ziddo 1.045 version firmware image?

The device earlier was atleast starting out & was working for 5-10 mins but after this flashing attempt.. it just gets stuck on the zidoo logo. Is there a way to fix this?

Thank you very much in advance & I apologise if posting this in the wrong section
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Originally posted by ak2585 View Post
    Hey guys I need help.. plz...have a zidoo x6 pro.. was acting out & would get hang every 5-10mins. Did the factory reset but still same problems so I used android tool to flash & clicked on eraseflash instead of upgrade.. the device connected but showed maskrom fail error. I disconnected & then upgraded v1.039 (which showed a success) & from that moment the device just gets stuck on the zidoo logo screen. Saw some videos that said it takes a while to boot & kept it on for more than 30 mins.. nothing changed... still stuck at zidoo logo screen.

Can someone explain what a maskrom fail means?

What should i do? I cannot find the latest 1.045 firmware image.. only found the zip file from the zidoo site. Can i use a different firmware image like of Himeda H8 Plus or MK68?

Does anyone have a Ziddo 1.045 version firmware image?

The device earlier was atleast starting out & was working for 5-10 mins but after this flashing attempt.. it just gets stuck on the zidoo logo. Is there a way to fix this?

Thank you very much in advance & I apologise if posting this in the wrong section
    Hi ,

first "eraseFlash" after that press "Upgrade" , not only "eraseFlash" , that only delete things ,

please wait at least more then 30min , sometimes it can take hours to boot ,

u can find here several Roms for your Box , Stock & Custom , i think that User "Coolio" made

a good working Rom for your Box & i think you can use Roms for the HPH NT-V8 made by

the great Dev. Mo123 from here , please use the "search" for more Infos & Roms for your

X6Pro , or even the BigBrother G brings up big results if you search , ask if you need more

Info , greetings / gefattern

Comment

Thank you very much for the reply... I did the eraseflash but it showed the maskrom fail error & then upgraded to v1.039 which was a success.. today turned on the device again & it showed the recovery mode screen & something kept scrolling & it showed wiping data & then got stuck again on zidoo logo... kept it on for 2.5hours but nothing changed then got fed up & turned it off... will look into HPH NT V-8 roms.. dont really need a custom rom with latest modifications.. just need a simple stock rom that gets the box on again & can stream sports/videos with working wifi/eternet.

Comment

Originally posted by gefattern View Post

Hi ,

first "eraseFlash" after that press "Upgrade" , not only "eraseFlash" , that only delete things ,

please wait at least more then 30min , sometimes it can take hours to boot ,

u can find here several Roms for your Box , Stock & Custom , i think that User "Coolio" made

a good working Rom for your Box & i think you can use Roms for the HPH NT-V8 made by

the great Dev. Mo123 from here , please use the "search" for more Infos & Roms for your

X6Pro , or even the BigBrother G brings up big results if you search , ask if you need more

Info , greetings / gefattern
        Hi there..

When i click on eraseflash.. is it suppose to go to finish/done/success? Mine shows the 'wait for maskrom fail' error (see pic). Nothing happens after this error. Could this be the issue its not working after the successful upgrade? Is there a solution for this? the device gets disconnected after that error & I have to load device again to upgrade.

Thank you!
        You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Hi there..

When i click on eraseflash.. is it suppose to go to finish/done/success? Mine shows the 'wait for maskrom fail' error (see pic). Nothing happens after this error. Could this be the issue its not working after the successful upgrade? Is there a solution for this? the device gets disconnected after that error & I have to load device again to upgrade.

Thank you!
          Hi ,

u must short Pins on NandFlash for unbrick , this brings the Box directly to MRM ,

then u can flash your Box , best u post Pictures of your PCB , nearby , good light ,

both sides , then we can go on ,

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Hi ,

u must short Pins on NandFlash for unbrick , this brings the Box directly to MRM ,

then u can flash your Box , best u post Pictures of your PCB , nearby , good light ,

both sides , then we can go on ,

greetings / gefattern
            [QUOTE=gefattern;n743352]

Hey..
            Took your advice & installed the HPH NT-V8 1.2 ROM by mo123 & the my device works like brand new now
            http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...-boot-by-mo123

There were alot of apps that I dint need so uninstalled that. Now all works fine.. There's just 1 strange thing, my zidoo was 16GB memory & so is HPH NT-V8 but after installing the storage shows Total Storage 8GB. Not really a deal breaker for me cuz I still have about 5GB available but was just wondering how the other 8GB dissappeared.

Also I'm not really sure I want to fidget with this working box but do you think I should upgrade it to the latest HPH NT Rom?

Well the rom i installed is dual boot... has a reboot to linux option.. dont really know much abt it.. definitely dont need it.. dont know if i shud delete that rom & install android only rom (the link from mo123 also has a android only rom version that i dint see) lol... all working fine except the dual boot option & the storage only showing 8GB instead of 16GB.

Thanks for all your help. Really appreciate it
            Last edited by gefattern; 09-05-2018, 14:36. Reason: double quote

Comment

Hey..
              Took your advice & installed the HPH NT-V8 1.2 ROM by mo123 & the my device works like brand new now

There were alot of apps that I dint need so uninstalled that. Now all works fine.. There's just 1 strange thing, my zidoo was 16GB memory & so is HPH NT-V8 but after installing the storage shows Total Storage 8GB. Not really a deal breaker for me cuz I still have about 5GB available but was just wondering how the other 8GB dissappeared.

Also I'm not really sure I want to fidget with this working box but do you think I should upgrade it to the latest HPH NT Rom?

Well the rom i installed is dual boot... has a reboot to linux option.. dont really know much abt it.. definitely dont need it.. dont know if i shud delete that rom & install android only rom (the link from mo123 also has a android only rom version that i dint see) lol... all working fine except the dual boot option & the storage only showing 8GB instead of 16GB.

Hi ,

use only Android Verion of Rom , u can find Mos Rom here too ,

look :

i think 8GB because of Linux dualboot , try and report ,

good luck / gefattern

Comment

[QUOTE=ak2585;n743363]

Hey..

Hi ,

any news ???

gefattern

Comment

[QUOTE=gefattern;n743508]

Hi ,

any news ???

gefattern
                  [QUOTE=gefattern;n743508]

Hi ,

any news ???

gefattern
                  Hey.. sorry was busy so couldnt reply... I tried the 1.5 Mo123 update & it works great... the 8gb that had dissappeared is back.. it was like u said cuz of the dual boot. All working great now... only downside is the my zidoo IR remote doesnt work.. do have a c120 airmouse & all working well but sometime if i forget to charge it.. the IR used to help.

Thanks for all your help

Comment

[QUOTE=ak2585;n743529][QUOTE=gefattern;n743508]

Hey.. sorry was busy so couldnt reply... I tried the 1.5 Mo123 update & it works great... the 8gb that had dissappeared is back.. it was like u said cuz of the dual boot. All working great now... only downside is the my zidoo IR remote doesnt work.. do have a c120 airmouse & all working well but sometime if i forget to charge it.. the IR used to help.

Thanks for all your help
                    Hi ,

okay , sounds good , remember always backup ,

good luck / gefattern

Comment

SOLVED see below

both sides , then we can go on
                      2yrs later, another device - same issue. WeChip X88 Pro 10 aka X88 PRO-B-RK3318-D4-V1.1. Verifying firmware and device check with success, the app is rebooting the box and waiting for Maskrom start as well.

Do you have an idea which pins I have to connect to do this?

// issue solved: it wasn't necessary after all to shortcut anything. All I had to do was using AndroidTool 2.69 instead of FactoryTool 1.43 or Rockchip Batch Tool 1.8. The firmware is available on OneDrive.
                      Last edited by kadoozi; 12-15-2020, 22:47.

Comment

Working...
                      X