Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zidoo X6 Pro Full Stock Rom Firmware? Having netflix out of sync problems with HPNT-V8 custom firmware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zidoo X6 Pro Full Stock Rom Firmware? Having netflix out of sync problems with HPNT-V8 custom firmware

Hi guys.. I have a zidoo x6 pro & few months back had some issues so I installed the HPNT V-8 1.5 by mo123 version first.. had keyboard issues with it then installed the HPNT V-8 1.2 version & all was working fine but I've been having problem with Netflix & Amazon Prime Audio Video out of sync issues. I spoke to netflix customer care & they said its my device issue cuz its an android box but it show Nexus 7 on their system. Even the play store app was not compatible with my device. Downloaded the apk from 3rd party site.

Is there a complete stock rom for zidoo x6 pro that i can install. I've downloaded versions 1.019, 1.039, 1.042 & the 1.045 but the .img file size is really small & the android tool shows loading firmware failed error. I'm guessing its not the complete rom maybe just the update. Can someone plz send me the link to the complete rom. I'm not sure if one can unpack the .rar folder & make a stock/custom rom from it. Don't know how to do that myself. I have been seeing other firmwares & all the files are about 1GB but the zidoo boot.img file is only about 20mb so I know im doing something wrong.. dont know what.

Got the firmware from here

Is there some other stock firmware that I can install that will help?

Thank you very much in advance

Originally posted by ak2585 View Post
    Hi guys.. I have a zidoo x6 pro & few months back had some issues so I installed the HPNT V-8 1.5 by mo123 version first.. had keyboard issues with it then installed the HPNT V-8 1.2 version & all was working fine but I've been having problem with Netflix & Amazon Prime Audio Video out of sync issues. I spoke to netflix customer care & they said its my device issue cuz its an android box but it show Nexus 7 on their system. Even the play store app was not compatible with my device. Downloaded the apk from 3rd party site.

Is there a complete stock rom for zidoo x6 pro that i can install. I've downloaded versions 1.019, 1.039, 1.042 & the 1.045 but the .img file size is really small & the android tool shows loading firmware failed error. I'm guessing its not the complete rom maybe just the update. Can someone plz send me the link to the complete rom. I'm not sure if one can unpack the .rar folder & make a stock/custom rom from it. Don't know how to do that myself. I have been seeing other firmwares & all the files are about 1GB but the zidoo boot.img file is only about 20mb so I know im doing something wrong.. dont know what.

Got the firmware from here

Is there some other stock firmware that I can install that will help?

Thank you very much in advance
    I would recommend you to sell or get rid of that box and buy something new.
    Zidoo already discontinued that device several years ago and didn't even release Marshmallow.
    Netflix won't be able to help you as it's not a Netflix supported device and the Zidoo firmware doesn't even have Widevine DRM L3.
    Zidoo never released stock ROM's since they didn't want users to copy their firmware, you can try to install a very old stock ROM and manually do all the ota updates if it still works.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

I would recommend you to sell or get rid of that box and buy something new.
      Zidoo already discontinued that device several years ago and didn't even release Marshmallow.
      Netflix won't be able to help you as it's not a Netflix supported device and the Zidoo firmware doesn't even have Widevine DRM L3.
      Zidoo never released stock ROM's since they didn't want users to copy their firmware, you can try to install a very old stock ROM and manually do all the ota updates if it still works.

Thanks for your quick reply..I'll look at other latest devices.. In the meantime, can you please suggest an old stock rom that can be installed with zidoo x6 pro.

Thanks again

Comment

Thanks for your quick reply..I'll look at other latest devices.. In the meantime, can you please suggest an old stock rom that can be installed with zidoo x6 pro.

Thanks again
        Only Zidoo will have a link.
        I also searched and couldn't find anything that is not an ota update.
        Maybe look in the archives in Other in the Zidoo forum?

Comment

Only Zidoo will have a link.
          I also searched and couldn't find anything that is not an ota update.
          Maybe look in the archives in Other in the Zidoo forum?
          Doesnt have to be Zidoo.. do u think any other roms can be installed on the Zidoo box.. Beelink i68, MK68, Ugoos UT4 roms?

Comment

Doesnt have to be Zidoo.. do u think any other roms can be installed on the Zidoo box.. Beelink i68, MK68, Ugoos UT4 roms?
            Try the MK68 or Ugoos UT4 Marshmallow ROM's and 'EraseFlash', 'Upgrade'.

Comment

I would recommend to just go with the latest Amazon FireStick or FireTV box. They all support sideloading and can run all of the apks you need and maintained well by Amazon's firmware updates. I switched 3 years and have been very happy so far.
              Tronsmart Orion R68 Meta
              CS968 -> HTC_T018 v4 20131216 with MTK
              GM282 (aka CX 919 II aka J22) - dead

Comment

Try the MK68 or Ugoos UT4 Marshmallow ROM's and 'EraseFlash', 'Upgrade'.
                I installed the RKM M68 6.0 Stock Firmware & pretty much all works fine. Netflix & Amazon Prime, the main issues solved. There are a couple of small things but I can live with it as long as my streaming issues are solved.

Thank you very much

Comment

Originally posted by ghanashyaml View Post
                  I would recommend to just go with the latest Amazon FireStick or FireTV box. They all support sideloading and can run all of the apks you need and maintained well by Amazon's firmware updates. I switched 3 years and have been very happy so far.
                  Thanks will look into it

Comment

Working...
                  X