Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Occasional global stuttering

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Occasional global stuttering

    Has anyone had it? It can happen between an hour, as as short as a few seconds, with small microstuttering (repeating last sample every 50ms for half a second). It is not related to a specific app, it happens everywhere.

    #2
    Try..look what causes this
    -settings -developer -show CPU usage

    Comment


      #3
      yeap has the same. I evern install about 10 apps to check cpu use. From time to time I have same hangup. It can be seen on Youtube when fast switching between movies ( I use OG youTube to force 1080p) I use stock firmware (100MB ethernet). Cpu Load is max 30 % when freez comes (on most used core). I think that there is need to improve firmware of cpu.

      Comment


        #4

        Comment


          #5
          Problem is slower RAM and EMMC storage memory than in other boxes.
          This causes the freezing and micro stutters.
          It can slightly be improved by newer firmware, but will never be able to be eliminated 100%.

          Comment


            #6
            So this box with 8 cores CPU is only a marketing product, not relay comfortable daily use.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Ad0 View Post
              Has anyone had it? It can happen between an hour, as as short as a few seconds, with small microstuttering (repeating last sample every 50ms for half a second). It is not related to a specific app, it happens everywhere.
              Try Wasser firmware

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by androidgadget11 View Post

                Try Wasser firmware
                Also Wasser firmware 3.1.2 has same issues. Tested on Tronsmart R68 Meta. Such stuttering occurs me everywhere - incl. KODI media player. I had no such issues on a lot slower boxes - MK808B (RK3066 chipset), MXII (Amlogic MX) and also on faster as MxIII (Amlogic S802).

                Comment


                  #9
                  Well, this makes it completely useless as a media box then!

                  Lol cute kid
                  Last edited by Ad0; 11-06-2015, 21:22.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    I too can confirm this bug. I experienced it on stock, wasser and azw's rooted firmware. It's weird because I don't get a video stutter, it seems to be audio only. Games are not an issue. Can sync 2 controllers and play games fine, the stutter occurs just as frequently so definitely not CPU usage related.

                    I've attempted the awesome player option in developer options and it made it a lot worse, barely could play any audio, so I would recommend keeping it in nuplayer.
                    Last edited by neven; 11-07-2015, 19:37.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Bought a NVidia Shield TV. Problem solved.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        A NVidia Shield TV is a pretty expensive "Problem Fix"

                        I have a Raspberry Pi 2 (Kodi OpenELEC)... which has no issues at all with Movie Playback (No Stuttering, Passthrough Works, Auto Frame/Refresh rate Works)

                        bought a RK3368 for Games (Emulators mostly ... that the RPi2 could'nt handle .. eg. PPSSPP (PSP) , Reicast (Dreamcast) etc

                        Comment


                          #13
                          This is driving me crazy. I paid a good deal of money for this box and it worked great till after the update. now it's un watchable. Anyone have any ideas? a fix ? throw the fn thing out the window? I have the gigabit lan version.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by JoeySmyth View Post
                            A NVidia Shield TV is a pretty expensive "Problem Fix"

                            I have a Raspberry Pi 2 (Kodi OpenELEC)... which has no issues at all with Movie Playback (No Stuttering, Passthrough Works, Auto Frame/Refresh rate Works)

                            bought a RK3368 for Games (Emulators mostly ... that the RPi2 could'nt handle .. eg. PPSSPP (PSP) , Reicast (Dreamcast) etc

                            But - No netflix, Viaplay, No HBO, no this and that, and of course no full chromecast support. And no 4K. This is why I spent money on it. And it can stream games from my computer downstairs on LAN, and it can play games, and deliver a FULL home theater experience with 23.976 Hz and so on.

                            Originally posted by aaddaamm1111 View Post
                            This is driving me crazy. I paid a good deal of money for this box and it worked great till after the update. now it's un watchable. Anyone have any ideas? a fix ? throw the fn thing out the window? I have the gigabit lan version.
                            Return the box, get an NVidia Shield TV. It's worth the money because of all the frustration, waiting etc. I can confirm that this box is something special. Full KODI support with refresh rate switching and the whole shebang.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by Ad0 View Post


                              But - No netflix, Viaplay, No HBO, no this and that, and of course no full chromecast support. And no 4K. This is why I spent money on it. And it can stream games from my computer downstairs on LAN, and it can play games, and deliver a FULL home theater experience with 23.976 Hz and so on.



                              Return the box, get an NVidia Shield TV. It's worth the money because of all the frustration, waiting etc. I can confirm that this box is something special. Full KODI support with refresh rate switching and the whole shebang.
                              I was going to go with the shield but got the beelink for $65 from china took like 2 months to get the damn thing. then another month to get the US plug adapter they sent me the EU plug. but I'm well past a return. It worked great at first. Is this isolated to just a few of us or is this a mass problem. I've switched out boxes to mxq working just fine but i want to use my i68 and sell the mxq. Anyone working on a fix? Should have gotten the shield.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X