Occasional global stuttering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aaddaamm1111 View Post
    I was going to go with the shield but got the beelink for $65 from china took like 2 months to get the damn thing. then another month to get the US plug adapter they sent me the EU plug. but I'm well past a return. It worked great at first. Is this isolated to just a few of us or is this a mass problem. I've switched out boxes to mxq working just fine but i want to use my i68 and sell the mxq. Anyone working on a fix? Should have gotten the shield.

I think the i68 is a lost cause due to being cheap on the memory etc. Try to sell both locally and just get the shield already

As mo123 said:

Problem is slower RAM and EMMC storage memory than in other boxes.
    This causes the freezing and micro stutters.
    It can slightly be improved by newer firmware, but will never be able to be eliminated 100%.

Comment

Originally posted by Ad0 View Post
      But - No netflix, Viaplay, No HBO, no this and that, and of course no full chromecast support. And no 4K. This is why I spent money on it. And it can stream games from my computer downstairs on LAN, and it can play games, and deliver a FULL home theater experience with 23.976 Hz and so on.
      Well, i suppose if you want all those bells'n'whistles then i guess that's what you pay for. FYI, the RPi2 does support 23.976 Hz

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post
        Problem is slower RAM and EMMC storage memory than in other boxes.
        This causes the freezing and micro stutters.
        It can slightly be improved by newer firmware, but will never be able to be eliminated 100%.
        Are you sure, that the audio stuttering isn't solvable by firmware fix? Because there was no such problems on a lot slower boxes I had before (with RK3066 and AML8726-MX). Some realtime priority settings?

Comment

this is not cpu performance. Sometimes it happend when I watch movie from pendrive. So cpu and memory is not used so much. Normaly it shows 1 time for an hour. On my sample movies it show the problem. It is strange becouse this kind of freez I do not see on other android devices (even 1 cpu 1ghz phones)

Comment

Originally posted by hyq View Post
            this is not cpu performance. Sometimes it happend when I watch movie from pendrive. So cpu and memory is not used so much. Normaly it shows 1 time for an hour. On my sample movies it show the problem. It is strange becouse this kind of freez I do not see on other android devices (even 1 cpu 1ghz phones)
            CPU and RAM are still used. Do you think the pen drive has an own CPU that offloads the main CPU?

Comment

I don't want to sell someone a shit device. That's bad karma. The mxq i'm using right now works perfect with a heavy skin. i68 should be able handle this. M8s works fine as well. just need a fix or new firmware.

Comment

Originally posted by aaddaamm1111 View Post
                I don't want to sell someone a shit device. That's bad karma. The mxq i'm using right now works perfect with a heavy skin. i68 should be able handle this. M8s works fine as well. just need a fix or new firmware.
                It should have never passed QA and be let out on the market in such a state. People with not much technical knowledge buying this because omg 4k @ 60 fps. They will never on earth be able to upgrade it through an obscure Baidu link in the summer of 2016, if it ever gets fixed. It's just unacceptable.

Comment

I get the wierd stutter on Plex but it happens for just 1/2 a second and is infrequent enough to not bother me, for my personal use its the only issue I have.

Comment

I have a stuttering problem too. I partially solved this issue in KODI (using Genesis and mp4 files= by disabling Rockchip Acceleration in the advanced settings.
                    I agree this is a poor quality box... I have a raspberry pi 1 with KODI and I had no stuttering (using Genesis or other mp4 files).

Comment

Looks like Beelink doesn't answer any emails or post on freaktab anymore.
                      I got no response since July from them when my sample box was supposed to ship.
                      Last year they were so active.
                      Hope they will support the community again sometime in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by stevepier View Post
                        I have a stuttering problem too. I partially solved this issue in KODI (using Genesis and mp4 files= by disabling Rockchip Acceleration in the advanced settings.
                        I agree this is a poor quality box... I have a raspberry pi 1 with KODI and I had no stuttering (using Genesis or other mp4 files).
                        I think that a software problem relates to processor. Hangs occur when both watching movies online, or players Kodi, mx player. There are random and there is no reason in CPU use. Something is wrong with optimization. Sometimes it goes 4k almost smoothly in another time playing in the SD stutters randomly ???

Comment

On my side this problem has appeared with the 16/10/2015 I68G_204L1202 software update

Comment

Originally posted by u669983 View Post
                            On my side this problem has appeared with the 16/10/2015 I68G_204L1202 software update
                            Hi,
                            do you mean, that some previous firmware does not have stuttering problem and the version 16/10/2015 I68G_204L1202 does? Which version worked OK for you?

Comment

Originally posted by tomas_em View Post

Hi,
                              do you mean, that some previous firmware does not have stuttering problem and the version 16/10/2015 I68G_204L1202 does? Which version worked OK for you?
                              Yes exactly. Unfortunately I did not note the version it came with or even backed up. Got mine 2 mths ago so it must be the immediate previous version

Comment

Anyone know where to get the original gigabit lan version? mine started after the update as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X