No announcement yet.

Occasional global stuttering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same here, upgrade to 204L and getting stutters will watching HD videos, in KODI and YouTube.

Comment

If anyone got the link to th erepvious version update_I68G_201L1200, please give me . i would like to downgrade.

Comment

Found it but it is on Baidu cloud. I downloaded it and put it on drop box. I also successfully downgrade my i68. Testing it now.

File too large for dropbox to share to public
        Last edited by tsukaza; 11-21-2015, 21:05.

Comment

After downgraded back to original firmware (update_I68G_201L1200), the i86 have experience much less stuttering. Of course I lost the 1080p option in YouTube. It is much more usable now. will skip the 204L firmware for now.

A quick question, does the wesser's ROM have stutter issue ad is it 100% compatible with this box. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by tsukaza View Post
            After downgraded back to original firmware (update_I68G_201L1200), the i86 have experience much less stuttering. Of course I lost the 1080p option in YouTube. It is much more usable now. will skip the 204L firmware for now.

A quick question, does the wesser's ROM have stutter issue ad is it 100% compatible with this box. Thanks.
            I tested the 204 version which is horrible - stuttering in moving mouse cursor over screen, makes the box unuseable for me. Also a lot stutters in sound as well. Wassers firmware 3.1.2 has also stutters, but almost only in sound, especially in Youtube videos. So Wasser's ROM is a lot better, but not perfect. I have Tronsmart Meta Gigabit/2GB/16GB, but the ROM should work on all Beelink I68 based devices as well.

Comment

I'm on Firmware 204L .... mouse pointer is smooth as butter for me using a PS3 Controller with Sixaxis App "Mouse Emulation" feature (have used a 2.4ghz wireless mouse as well, which worked fine)

I only get the "occasional" stutter in Kodi ... eg. happened once after about 3 hrs

Watching 4K content with the built-in video player works really good ... silky smooth, have never seen a stutter

Comment

In theme stuttering.
                New beta firmware from Tronsmart: R68G 205L 151110

Time to test it

Comment

doh ! ... from Page (3) on the Tronsmart Forum

Hi, i installed the 205L and there is still stuttering

http://forum.tronsmart.com/forum/tro...ering?start=12

Comment

For testing, I flashed 204L again but this time I open the box and replace the crappy white heat sink paste with Arctic 5. Enlarged the air holes underneath the base. So far the result is better, much less stuttering in YouTube. Will continue to test further. I might relocate the thermal pad and put it all on the metal plate. Currently it is only halfway on the plate and halfway on the plastic case. Also I am putting bigger legs on the box to raise it to get better air flow.

Btw my friend recently purchased the same i68 but he is not getting any stuttering, maybe it is a different batch. Mine have AP6330 chip-set written on the sticker on the back of the main board.

Comment

I don't think "heat" is causing the stutter ... i was watching a mkv file and after about 30mins there was a "stutter" for about 2 seconds ... then playback was perfect for the next hour or more.

Checking the temperature via Kodi > System Info .... the box was 36°C {Celsius} which is not overhearting in my books.

Comment

Just for the sake of trying it . I deleted the modded Kodi rc2 app and replaced with the final with the final Kodi release and had no sttutter last night . I normally find that the stutter is more noticeable when you have subtitles displayed but this time nothing .

Comment

Which version ... this one ? Kodi v15.2 “Isengard” http://mirrors.kodi.tv/releases/andr...rmeabi-v7a.apk

Does DD/DTS Passthrough work ? ... Does Auto Frame Rate Switching work ?

Comment

Originally posted by JoeySmyth View Post
                            I don't think "heat" is causing the stutter ... i was watching a mkv file and after about 30mins there was a "stutter" for about 2 seconds ... then playback was perfect for the next hour or more.

Checking the temperature via Kodi > System Info .... the box was 36°C {Celsius} which is not overhearting in my books.

I am trying to reduce the overall temperature on the box, keeping all the chips cooler. My main game box is a i7 water cooled, so is a habit. Anyway I added 4 higher legs and moved the thermal pad to the center of the CPU on the underside. So far so good. I subscribe to a lot of tech channels on YouTube so I spend more time there than in KODI. So I am YouTube and anime streaming centric

Comment

Also I installed "kernel auditor" from Google playstore and changed the governor from ondemand to interactive, now I see the CPU jump to 1500+ MHz and back. Also the overall response seems better. Will see what other things I can set using the CPU tool.

Comment

Originally posted by tsukaza View Post
                                I am trying to reduce the overall temperature on the box, keeping all the chips cooler. My main game box is a i7 water cooled, so is a habit. Anyway I added 4 higher legs and moved the thermal pad to the center of the CPU on the underside. So far so good. I subscribe to a lot of tech channels on YouTube so I spend more time there than in KODI. So I am YouTube and anime streaming centric
                                Well whether you use the Youtube App within Kodi or not .... it's still worth checking to see what the temperature is (to see if there is an issue)

What was the temperature before and after adding all the thermal pads and higher legs ?

Comment

Working...
                                X