No announcement yet.

Occasional global stuttering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using kernel auditor I set the min CPU on both big and small CPU to 600MHz, now I only get the stutter once in a blue moon. Hope the next firmware complely elimate the problem.

Comment

Tronsmart R68 is getting a new firmware upgrade 205L, on the post by Tronsmart, they admitted that they are working on the audio stuttering issue and 205L will not resolve it.
      Their engineers are working on that issue they claimed. Guess maybe we can have it resolved when 206L comes out

Comment

Personally speaking ... i purchased the Beelink i86 hoping to replace my Raspberry Pi 2 with a "All In One" Box for playing Movies / Android Games / Game Emulators

Unfortunately the Beelink i86 is too buggy to enjoy watching Movies (with DD/DTS Passthrough) .... Have had the Raspberry Pi 2 since release this year, NEVER had a "Stutter" or "Distorted Audio" EVER

Anyways, the Beelink is'nt too bad at gaming ... but even then, there are audio problems with some games... eg UNKILLED

Skip to 45 Second Mark .... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kpJz22PcMQ

Hoping they fix all the issues .... but will be using my Raspberry Pi 2 until they do (ps. i don't have/need any H.265 or 4K stuff ... all my content is 1080p MKV/MP4 H.264/AVC)

Comment

Reloaded 204L but install Google play service 7.8.95 apk over stock, latest is like 8.4.89. Also did not update YouTube or install the new Google apps from play store, or use the kernal auditor. Still get very minor very short stutter playing HD video. But lot better than before.

Google play service archive

Last edited by tsukaza; 12-02-2015, 13:40.

Comment

Joey Smyth If the problem with the sound (DD / DTS) also when the leaves on the AV receiver do the work (passthrough)? Are you having problems with 24P films (stuttering?) Or with DD / DTS passthrough for movies? I Kodi 16 installed.
            Last edited by Reflexion; 12-03-2015, 03:01.

Comment

Tried almost every ROMs made for RK3368 with the AP6330 GPU on my Beelink i68. They all flashed correctly and booted up successfully. All of them except for the factory released ROM did not light up the power LED to the BLUE state, they all turned up RED.

After extensive testing I found the Beelink factory ROM 204L for the i68 using the latest google play services and the original YouTube that came installed with the 204L being the moust stable and usable. Still get micro stutters once in a long while but lot better than all the other ROMs.

If I upgrade to the latest YouTube then all hell break lose. I am staying with this setup until 205L or 206L comes out

ROM tried:

Tronsmart R68 with AP6335
              Wasser Tronsmart R68 with AP6335
              R8
              M8
              Cloudnetgo CR 18
              CAS 90
              Ugoos UG-430

Comment

Originally posted by tsukaza View Post
                Tried almost every ROMs made for RK3368 with the AP6330 GPU on my Beelink i68. They all flashed correctly and booted up successfully. All of them except for the factory released ROM did not light up the power LED to the BLUE state, they all turned up RED.

After extensive testing I found the Beelink factory ROM 204L for the i68 using the latest google play services and the original YouTube that came installed with the 204L being the moust stable and usable. Still get micro stutters once in a long while but lot better than all the other ROMs.

If I upgrade to the latest YouTube then all hell break lose. I am staying with this setup until 205L or 206L comes out

ROM tried:

Tronsmart R68 with AP6335
                Wasser Tronsmart R68 with AP6335
                R8
                M8
                Cloudnetgo CR 18
                CAS 90
                Ugoos UG-430

Comment

I have a i68 with the AP6330 chip so if I use a ROM for the AP6335 chip do I lose the WiFi function ?

Comment

I have a i68 with the AP6330 chip so if I use a ROM for the AP6335 chip do I lose the WiFi function ?
                    Yes, but everything else should work.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

Yes, but everything else should work.

Let me try that tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Reflexion View Post
                        Joey Smyth If the problem with the sound (DD / DTS) also when the leaves on the AV receiver do the work (passthrough)? Are you having problems with 24P films (stuttering?) Or with DD / DTS passthrough for movies? I Kodi 16 installed.
                        Huh ?

Passthrough Works via SPDIF and HDMI

Occasional "Stutter" on 23.976fps, 29.970fps,24.000fps and 25.000fps

"Stutter" occurs randomly while playing videos from Streaming Source, USB Source and External SD Card Source

"Stutter" also occurs via Stereo Output as well (Passthrough disabled)

Comment

Thanks to mo123, I loaded Tronsmart 205L firmware and everything works. I can see the AP6330 and AP6335 drivers in the module library. Still getting very minor stutter infrequently. Upgraded every apps except YouTube. The new YouTube generates a lot more stutters then the version that came installed. Will be testing Black Box wizard on KODI tonight. So 205L is a keeper for me

Comment

This Zidoo x6 pro , seems to have exactly same hardware as the i68 but with great firmware support . Am tempted to flash the zidoo firmware . What do you think?

http://www.geekbuying.com/item/ZIDOO...er-353626.html

Comment

Originally posted by u669983 View Post
                              This Zidoo x6 pro , seems to have exactly same hardware as the i68 but has great support . Am tempted to flash the zidoo firmware . What do you think?

http://www.geekbuying.com/item/ZIDOO...er-353626.html

Try it see if it supports the AP6330 chipset since it is actually same as the Beelink R68 meta (AP6335) not the i68 (AP6330). You can always flash back to the Tronsmart 205L1 firmware. Since Zidoo X6 Pro does not have a AP6330 version like Tronsmart and Beelinlk, I am not sure if they integrated both drivers into the same firmware. I was surprised that Tronsmart 205L did.

Comment

Try it see if it supports the AP6330 chipset since it is actually same as the Beelink R68 meta (AP6335) not the i68 (AP6330). You can always flash back to the Tronsmart 205L1 firmware. Since Zidoo X6 Pro does not have a AP6330 version like Tronsmart and Beelinlk, I am not sure if they integrated both drivers into the same firmware. I was surprised that Tronsmart 205L did.
                                What would be worse case scenario? No wifi ? That would not be too bad as I use LAN. And in any case hopefully I would be able to flash back the orig rom? Am downloading..will see..

Comment

Working...
                                X