Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to install firmware

Hi everyone.
    I am new to this forum and very new to Android tv box. I just purchase a i68 2g/8g that come with 201L firmware. Can any member here provide a step by step on how to install newer firmware. Thanks in advance.

Step 1: Download update_I68G_204L1202 (and unzip it)
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8R...ew?usp=sharing

Step 2: Download Firmware Update Flashing Tools (unzip and install on Windows PC)
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/7j...hing_Tools.zip

Step 3: Watch and Follow the instructions in this Youtube Video step-by-step (It's a Orion R68 Flash Firmware Guide which is Indentical procedure to Beelink i68)
    Video, teilen, Kamerahandy, Videohandy, kostenlos, hochladen

I successfully flashed/upgraded my Firmware to 204L using the above Firmware / Tools and Video Tutorial

Comment

I installed driver but it not show up when I open the flashing tool. What i did was unzipped the flashing tools which contain the driver folder and the flashing folder. I installed the driver, restart. I open the flashing tool, hook the i68 to the computer via OTG port, the box did not show up. Did I miss any step? Tried on both Windows 7 Ultimate and Windows 10. Installed and reinstalled the driver a few times.
      Last edited by dragon138; 11-09-2015, 22:25.

Comment

dunno ? it worked fine for me the 1st time .... used Windows 7

did you follow the video instructions exactly ? eg.

1. Connect via OTG to your PC
        2. Press and old the Reset Switch (using a staple) ... and don't let go
        3. Connect Power Cable (make sure the power is on)
        4. Now (while still pressing the Reset Switch) press the Power Button on the Beelink i86
        5. Once the software detects the Box ... let go of the Reset Switch and the Power Button

Comment

I followed the video exactly, step by step. I just can't get the computer to recognize the i68. Will try again later. Thanks for your help.

Comment

Firmware updated, thanks JoeySmyth for the advice.

Comment

Your welcome

Comment

Off-Topic

I wanted to install a few games ... but the internal storage is pretty small

I tried this app from the Playstore ... "FolderMount", works great !! (was able to move the "data" to my external 64GB SD Card) so, i bought the pro version for $1.99

Just "some" of the games i have installed (click the 2nd Photo)
                You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Thank you for your help JoeySmyth and linking, I'm just one, why do you perform such a high cost, it is still a officielles update? ... and should therefore operate by OTG ....
                  ... Does this also update with a computer with Windows 10 Pro?

Are the pre-installed (Kodi) Apps yet after the update? I want my smartphone screen on the box reflect (Miracast / Ezcast / screencast ...) ..I hope i68 can dies..oder has an app.

Comment

My Translator must be broken ... but i will try to answer your questions

1. Yes, it's an "Official Update" which adds AC3/DTS Passthrough ... which is pretty important (to me, anyways)
                    2. Can you use a computer with Windows 10 Pro to update the firmware ? ..... i don't know. try it , and let us all know (it works fine in Win7)
                    3. Yes, i think there was a lot of pre-installed Kodi (cr)apps .... (i un-installed all of them though ... un-official apps can cause instability)
                    4. Kodi only Supports "Airplay" which is (cr)Apple casting .... haven't tried Miracast / Ezcast etc (but have on other devices ... one word "Laggy" ... so havent even bothered with the Beelink)
                    Last edited by JoeySmyth; 11-13-2015, 14:01.

Comment

JoeySmyth thank you (danke) Do you speak English?

Comment

Originally posted by Reflexion View Post
                        JoeySmyth thank you (danke) Do you speak English?
                        Yes .... well "Australian" anyways .. g'day mate

Comment

[QUOTE=JoeySmyth;n536825]

My Translator must be broken ... but i will try to answer your questions
                          Because you write, had wondered ^^
                          the box is rooted with the update? I'll let them know if I use Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit've managed to update

Comment

[QUOTE=Reflexion;n537643]

the box is rooted with the update?
                            Yes

Comment

Originally posted by dragon138 View Post
                              Firmware updated, thanks JoeySmyth for the advice.
                              Can you give an advice too? my windows won't detect my i68.. tried both on windows7 and windows10..

Comment

Working...
                              X